Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,248
    vCash
    1500

    Why is Melo getting a pass?

    Besides guys like me, Jerz and Kash... Wth is Melo getting a pass? IMO he's a cancer, I've never seen a guy with so much talent, so much skill to be the best scorer and one of the best players in the game and he has never taken the next step. He's a ball hog and limit his game to ISo ball. I hate to admit he's a star and I've always questioned that, yes he's a star but by a slight marjon. He can't score against good/elite defenders. Remember how Stephon Marbury would get killed by NY fans, I would seriously take Starbury over this guy.... A 20ppg 8apg player who never had a decent players around him. Excuses for Melo

    Never had a decent team- Nene, Kenyon Martin (prime) Camby (Prime) Billups etc... Give Marbury this team they make it out the first round more than once.




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Stumble Inn UES
    Posts
    5,537
    vCash
    1500
    He's certainly not getting a pass from me. I've been very anti-Melo for a while now, I just tend to stay out of the basketball section. I wouldnt go so far as to call him a cancer, though. I think he'd be better with a little more support around him.

    Having said that, I would ship him out tomorrow if he could net a package that would help the Knicks rebuild a bit. There is a chance he walks at the end of the year, and I would like to get something back for him. Anything to get the Knicks in the lottery this year.

    I mean me and my dad literally called out exactly how the last play was going to go down. He was definitely fouled by Foye but at the same time, I hate that as the last second shot. At least move the ball a bit.

    Just not a Melo fan.
    Go Knicks!

    All time

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    624
    vCash
    1500
    I must admit, that was a half
    As$ attemp
    To tie the game.
    With no emotion afterward at all,
    He shrugged it off like it was no big deal.
    Listen if he was going to take the shot,then atleast drive to the basket and hope for an and one! If not then tie the game but instead he took a tough shot .
    He should have passed the ball!!
    Shump played his *** off tonight and ray ray just hit a big 3 and bargs could have gotten a shot off, but no melo forces up yet another bad shot with out looking for his team mates!!
    Turiblle idea.
    And I was also shocked that Woodson benched Tim for jr that amazed me!!!!
    After jr was playing like garbage!! And Timmy just hit some clutch shots down the stretch.
    So I put most the blame on Woodson for not making adjustments and the other half on the team for giving up on Woodson and not playing to there full potential .
    Regardless of who's fault it is, something needs to change quick !!
    Before melo leaves and we are left with nothing!
    So either make a trade to get a star or sit down with melo and find out his plans and if he is leaving than trade his *** now!
    Maybe the gm should find out from the team if they want a new coach and make it happen because from the way they are playing it sure looks like it some times with some sloppy as$ mistakes.
    I'm done venting!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,658
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    He's certainly not getting a pass from me. I've been very anti-Melo for a while now, I just tend to stay out of the basketball section. I wouldnt go so far as to call him a cancer, though. I think he'd be better with a little more support around him.

    Having said that, I would ship him out tomorrow if he could net a package that would help the Knicks rebuild a bit. There is a chance he walks at the end of the year, and I would like to get something back for him. Anything to get the Knicks in the lottery this year.

    I mean me and my dad literally called out exactly how the last play was going to go down. He was definitely fouled by Foye but at the same time, I hate that as the last second shot. At least move the ball a bit.

    Just not a Melo fan.
    @alanhahn
    So there it is. Sorry guys. Foye got ball. Not a foul there.


    Just want to end this myth.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,553
    vCash
    1500
    Marbury lost his mind to much vaseline consumption


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,395
    vCash
    1500
    I would blow up this team if we continue to suck. I'd approach Melo and GSW about a trade. I would tell Melo going to GSW and signing an extension would be best for his career with a star pg in Steph Curry and A.I. defending right beside him. Steph Curry is the type of pg that Melo would thrive with because he can run an offense and shoot the ball from anywhere. It's pick your poison with these guys. Let's not forget about A.I. defending the wings and David Lee who can rebound, pass out the post and post up and shoot. On the part of GSW, I'll tell them they need another star to team up with Steph if they want to win a championship.

    My proposed trade would go as follow:
    NYK receives:
    Klay Thompson
    Harrison Barnes
    1st round pick

    GSW receives:
    Melo
    Pirggys

    Then I would make a trade with the Thunder about Chandler
    NYK receives:
    Reggie Jackson
    Perry Jones
    Kendrick Perkins
    1st round pick

    Thunder receives
    Tyson Chandler
    Kenyon Martin
    Metta World Peace
    Beno Udrih

    Let me first start with the Thunder perspective. Here the Thunder receives who they really want in Tyson. A man in the middle who can defend and board. He brings championship experience and he is a leader and voice in the locker room. While the Thunder are a great team they are still young and I don't really see any leaders for the most part. Also They get Kenyon Martin, who adds toughness to their team and a back up big. He can defend and add 6 hard fouls. Who wants to mess with a team or beat a team that has a rotation of Ibaka, Collison, Martin, and Chandler as their bigs. Also with Metta he just add depth behind KD. They have no depth whatesoever behind KD. Beno replaces the lost of Reggie Jackson and again adds championship experience.

    On the Knicks side we receive two young players with potential and a first round pick. Kendrick is in here to match salaries.

    Now this is just a proposal and a pipe dream but if I was running the Knicks this is what I would try to do. Again most likely a pipe dream.

    Lets go Knicks!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,515
    vCash
    1500
    Why does Melo get a pass?

    The answer is simple:
    Because Dolan loves him, like he loves Isiah.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,225
    vCash
    1500
    pass to who? the rest of the team sucks, put a pg and another solid player with the knicks and this wouldnt be an issue

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Stumble Inn UES
    Posts
    5,537
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    @alanhahn
    So there it is. Sorry guys. Foye got ball. Not a foul there.


    Just want to end this myth.
    Yes, because everything on twitter is Gospel.

    You can get ball and also foul someone. He got Melo's arm on it. It isnt a big deal, it wasnt a bad enough foul to really misdirect the shot. Melo deserved to miss after taking such a bad shot.
    Go Knicks!

    All time

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,658
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    Yes, because everything on twitter is Gospel.

    You can get ball and also foul someone. He got Melo's arm on it. It isnt a big deal, it wasnt a bad enough foul to really misdirect the shot. Melo deserved to miss after taking such a bad shot.
    homie I even got screen shots of this. overhead screen shots. HE NEVER TOUCHED HIM! The tip of Foye's finger tapped the ball and that made the ball pop up.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    734
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    Yes, because everything on twitter is Gospel.

    You can get ball and also foul someone. He got Melo's arm on it. It isnt a big deal, it wasnt a bad enough foul to really misdirect the shot. Melo deserved to miss after taking such a bad shot.


    Now I actually understand why he faded away....even I had to get a better view.

    but with a 6-4 dude on you...post up or try to get by him...dont settle....he had all the time in the world.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,658
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagged QT View Post


    Now I actually understand why he faded away....even I had to get a better view.

    but with a 6-4 dude on you...post up or try to get by him...dont settle....he had all the time in the world.
    there was no shotblocker waiting for him either. All he had to do was was wrap around drive. He got muffed.

    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 11-30-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    1500
    Three years ago right around the trading deadline a lot of kincks fans were like oh yea Melo is coming omg i don't care give them whatever they want. Donnie Walsh didn't want to make the trade because he gave up pieces that could have landed another big man plus Melo plus Chris Paul or another point guard. I have said it before to all of my fellow friends who are kincks fans that Mike Woodson was not the right fit for this team. Like George Karl has said Melo is a great player but he can't win you a championship by himself. He is not a leader he is not a point guard to be holding the ball the way he does. Jr Smith is not a starter in this league and Iman Shumpert is not playing well because Woodsen can't handle him and a guy like Shumpert plays well with a point guard who is not only a leader but who can keep Melo in check now the kincks are in this problem. It is only going to get worst. Glen Grunewald messed up by getting tyson chandler and by wasting that money that should have went to bringing in Chris Paul. Teams don't win rings by just shooting threes all the time hence the Orlando Magic. So now the kincks have to fire Mike Woodson and bring in Avery Johnson. Melo is not going to win a championship keep dreaming kincks fans.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    734
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Josebatistanov9 View Post
    Three years ago right around the trading deadline a lot of kincks fans were like oh yea Melo is coming omg i don't care give them whatever they want. Donnie Walsh didn't want to make the trade because he gave up pieces that could have landed another big man plus Melo plus Chris Paul or another point guard. I have said it before to all of my fellow friends who are kincks fans that Mike Woodson was not the right fit for this team. Like George Karl has said Melo is a great player but he can't win you a championship by himself. He is not a leader he is not a point guard to be holding the ball the way he does. Jr Smith is not a starter in this league and Iman Shumpert is not playing well because Woodsen can't handle him and a guy like Shumpert plays well with a point guard who is not only a leader but who can keep Melo in check now the kincks are in this problem. It is only going to get worst. Glen Grunewald messed up by getting tyson chandler and by wasting that money that should have went to bringing in Chris Paul. Teams don't win rings by just shooting threes all the time hence the Orlando Magic. So now the kincks have to fire Mike Woodson and bring in Avery Johnson. Melo is not going to win a championship keep dreaming kincks fans.
    Chris Paul was a pipedream....All he did was make a toast.

    When Leon Rose put out that CP wanted a trade to the Knicks...Chris Paul denied it all.

    Then Grunwald made his moves...I dont blame him for that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,757
    vCash
    1500
    Melo isn't getting a pass for anything. He gets his fair share of criticism from the media and fans. You, Kashmir and jers don't fall into the category of fans criticizing melo, you 3 are just haters. Melo lost the game last night end of story there's no way around it...now before last night, the last game he rightly deserved blame for was the bulls game with roses magical shot. Between then and now, his teammates have failed him. Haters were just waiting for melo to put up a stinker to discredit what he HAS done this year. If bum *** Amare was worth a damn, we wouldn't be in this position

    #TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •