Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Game 18: Cavs @ Celtics

We are blowing them out. Aren't the Cavs supposed to be on the come this year? They are horrific, and way worse than we are. We're going to make the playoffs when Rondo comes back guys. Deal with it.

vCash
    Jordan Crawford triple double, Sully with 4 treys and no 2 pt baskets, No pass Bass ties a career high with 4 assists AND hits his first career trey, Green with a season high 31 and..... Gino time.

That's a helluva night.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 11-30-2013 at 05:59 AM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Cavs were worse than the Celts were great. Nice win, but it's a 4-12 team guys.

The NBA EC (after top two teams) is probably at it's weakest in decades. Possible Celts make the playoffs, and anyone that thinks that's a good thing with this group has not lived though the era between Bird and KG.

And oh yeah, you think Pressey won't rot on the bench when Rondo comes back? Crawford in his last 9 games (11-11 v Orlando) is probably playing at a level Rondo won't reach all year - and we'll get less out of him as well since he'll get less time with Rondo back.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-29-2013 at 10:25 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    We are blowing them out. Aren't the Cavs supposed to be on the come this year? They are horrific, and way worse than we are. We're going to make the playoffs when Rondo comes back guys. Deal with it.
    The real drama about to unfold is Jordan Crawford / Rondo battle for minutes. That could be disruptive and counter productive in terms of wins. We shall see.

FWIW, I believe with the way Crawford has performed, Rondo's return should be delayed until January at least.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Another win closer to towards the dark era we're about to enter! My stomach hurts after every win we get right now, I hope Danny breaks this thing up REALLY soon. I don't post much as you can see by the date that I joined and the number of posts I have, but I do read through these pretty often. Its pretty sad that there are a few that somehow must not understand what is about to happen. If we keep this up, we are gonna get nothing but a bunch of mid round picks that will not put us in contention. Well.........I guess we just have to wait for the mighty Rondo to get back and lead us to the promise land right guys?

vCash
    Were the playoffs to begin this very moment, the Celtics would have the 8th seed in the EC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    The real drama about to unfold is Jordan Crawford / Rondo battle for minutes. That could be disruptive and counter productive in terms of wins. We shall see.
    See. We don't always disagree. Also effects Pressey and Bradley.

FWIW, I believe with the way Crawford has performed, Rondo's return should be delayed until January at least.
    Or deal Bradley, or sit Bradley and Lee more so JC can get minutes at SG and just sit on Pressey until a move is made.

Like I said last night, I project Rondo this season on average to produce less than JC has in the last 9 games. Since JC is not paid much and worth a fraction of what Rondo is - prove Rondo is healthy and get his butt out of here for a 4/5 and a pick, and shuffle some other pieces to make it work. I still see Monroe (even with his meh D) as about the best player piece we could obtain in a Rondo deal. The Pistons minus the logjam at 5/4 and with Rondo could end up in the 3-4 seed territory this season - since the EC is morbidly bad after the top 2.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Were the playoffs to begin this very moment, the Celtics would have the 8th seed in the EC.
    Yes, that would suck. 11-13th is much more what I had in mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Yes, that would suck. 11-13th is much more what I had in mind.
    I hate the east in the West we are like 11 or 12. Hopefully the east improves and we suck enough to get a top 7 pick.

The Future

vCash
    Using this thread for the Bucks game. Celts out to a great 1st quarter (up 8), but since they have looked poor (outscored by 15). Still have a shot in the 4th. Still a 2-13 team that's 1-6 at home...

vCash
    Celtics are dominating again tonight. Avery is terrific from 15-19 ft.