Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Front Office Feedback (***** and Moan) Discussion thread.

This might not last enough time before being deleted...please keep all of the whining and rebuild bashing in this thread. If it's not deleted we can keep the Free agent and trades discussion free of BS.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash

Cubs Unlikely to rebuild through free agency

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Muscat sucks. Just sayin'.

vCash
    So it seems like the Phil Hughes market is picking up. That's got to be the last mid-tier FA pitcher left, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    So it seems like the Phil Hughes market is picking up. That's got to be the last mid-tier FA pitcher left, right?
    You got the two threads mixed up Homie...LOL!

vCash
    Can we also make a "Everything is fine. 90 losses every year is no big deal" thread?

Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zack4070 View Post
    can we also make a "everything is fine. 90 losses every year is no big deal" thread?
    no!!!!

vCash
    Ha yeah I was kind of joking about that, but man Im 32 and just so sick of the losing. To me it just doesn't seem like there is much sense of urgency with this ballclub. I understand you have to be patient right now but as a Cubbie fan its just so frustrating when this team is already in a big hole by June. In my opinion, when Theo took the job I figured 2 awful losing seasons is appropriate while he gets rid of the deadweight but I would of figured also that by his 3rd year that he should at least be fielding a .500 ball club. Theo's the right man for the job, don't get me wrong, Im just saying I expect more progress going into the 2014 season. Maybe he will sign some guys that will help for the future but maybe not and that would be disappointing. So I guess people can call that piss and moaning but for me its more a level of frustration.

Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

vCash
    Ha yeah I was kind of joking about that, but man Im 32 and just so sick of the losing. To me it just doesn't seem like there is much sense of urgency with this ballclub. I understand you have to be patient right now but as a Cubbie fan its just so frustrating when this team is already in a big hole by June. In my opinion, when Theo took the job I figured 2 awful losing seasons is appropriate while he gets rid of the deadweight but I would of figured also that by his 3rd year that he should at least be fielding a .500 ball club. Theo's the right man for the job, don't get me wrong, Im just saying I expect more progress going into the 2014 season. Maybe he will sign some guys that will help for the future but maybe not and that would be disappointing. So I guess people can call that piss and moaning but for me its more a level of frustration.
    I knew you were joking i would have said lol but it wouldn't have had the same impact

vCash
    The Cubs suck

vCash
    Can we also make a "Everything is fine. 90 losses every year is no big deal" thread?
    No. If you want rainbows and unicorns go tho the fapfests known as Cubs Den or Bleacher Nation.

Or any other thread on this forum.

vCash
    90? Only 90 losses is still a year or two away. And it's going to be like Mardi Gras around here when it happens.

vCash
    When we get to the oh-so-exciting future that people are breathlessly drooling over, there's a good chance people are going to be quite disappointed (or at least, they'll have to retcon their expectations yet again to pretend that everything is great).

We're not going to be terrible forever, but we don't look poised to go on a Boston-type run of 6 playoffs in 8 years either. There's too many other talented teams in the division run by smart teams, and every year that goes by the utility of our market size becomes less important.

The long-term prognosis for this plan is something like five years of awful followed by making the playoffs four or five times in a 10-year span.

vCash
    Starfish and coffee

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast