Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cool McGloin - QB of the Future

I want to keep watching McGloin before we crown him our QB of the future, but I really enjoy him behind center.

He reminds me so much of Drew Brees. Below will be my reasoning.

Competitor - I liked watching him get pissed off when things aren't "clicking". He is a guy that will make sure his offense is prepped before game day. When he does make a mistake, it looks like he holds himself accountable and listens to direction when he comes to the sidelines. No pouting with this guy.

Brains - The common sense that this guy has showed is great. His first start, he was adjusting a play at the line. Something Pryor hadn't done all season. In order to win in NFL, you need a QB who can audible when they read the defense. Very underrated attribute.

Composure - This guy is like Brees when it comes to taking sacks. His footwork is flawless and when pressure is in his face, he is cool as ice.

Fearless - I really respect a guy who can stick in the pocket and deliver the ball. Especially one who is 6' feet tall in a 6'6 world. AKA Brees-like.

Accuracy - Correct me if I am wrong, but does this guy make some big boy throws or what? The ball placement is on target. I think he is so on target, that his WR's are going to have to use their brains when running routes finally. When he sees a hole in a zone, he throws it to the hole. His long ball is great, especially when he throws along the sidelines and to deep outs.

Delivery - He understands the concept of when to throw the ball. Some plays are designed to drop back and deliver. If it is not there, then you move on to the next play. He understands this vital concept.

These are the attributes that make Brees a top QB. There are a ton more that they share, but I'll let everyone else elaborate on skill-set. If you disagree, please let us know why.

Happy Holidays!!!

vCash
    He throws to his first read no matter the coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    I wouldn't say that. He actually goes through his progression and spreads the ball around. Unlike TP2 and Flynn (Especially if you watched Flynn yesterday. He is garbage).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    I wouldn't say that. He actually goes through his progression and spreads the ball around. Unlike TP2 and Flynn (Especially if you watched Flynn yesterday. He is garbage).
    Garbage that Reggie the great traded draft picks for. Shows you how he evaluates talent. He saw him play his whole time in GB. Then decides to trade for him then realizes how terrible he truly is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Garbage that Reggie the great traded draft picks for. Shows you how he evaluates talent. He saw him play his whole time in GB. Then decides to trade for him then realizes how terrible he truly is.
    How does this have anything to do with this topic. They're are already threads on that if you want to talk about that.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    I've said my piece, you can have your thread back.

vCash
    Gimme more than a couple of sentences.

vCash
    What you said was related to the topic. Just said that because every thread people are finding a way to bash a player coach or GM in a topic that doesnt involve that particular subject matter.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    I echo claps and Lamar. You guys are seeing what you want in McGloin because you want to see it. The kid is nothing special. Also yesterday the INT he threw was nothing short of piss poor.

McGloin might be better then Pryor but that is not saying much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    I echo claps and Lamar. You guys are seeing what you want in McGloin because you want to see it. The kid is nothing special. Also yesterday the INT he threw was nothing short of piss poor.

Okay, I don't think everyone is getting the point of the thread. It goes a little something like this...

For example, If you disagree -

Stature - I think he lacks the height and weight to be a NFL QB.

If you agree -

Stature - I think his small squirmy body eludes pressure..

Get it? It isn't a pissing match. It's a discussion. If anyone wants to troll, then go to the other million troll threads on PSD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post

No it wasn't the pass was good. If Ford would have gotten in proper position and not made such a poor play on the ball or played some D keeping it from getting Intercepted we would have been fine.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Considering was his 3rd game, I think he played as expected. He needs more experience. I think there's a future for him in Oakland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    I agree blakers,not sure if he,s the future but he,s the most functional passer we have on the roster as of right now.Pryor its one read and sandlot time if he, even remotely covered.How many times have you seen Pryor 3-5 step drop and ball out???Few and far between.To say McGloin throws to his 1st read everytime is laughable.

vCash
    No he doesn't

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Rofl,the receivers production the past 3 games alone says otherwise.Kid reads the field and spreads the ball around.Even the TE and Reese have been getting a few catches.Everyone is now involved on offense and the WR while still inconsistent have actually made some great plays as of late?Why?Because they now have a QB that can actually get them involved in the passing game.

Prior to the past 3 games it was 1 read and sandlot football what seemed like every play.

I,m done,some people,s agendas/crusading never changes.Thankfully most ain,t lappin that **** up.

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast