Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Edelman

vCash

Julian Edelman

This guy was HATED across the board in 2010-2012 and many people wanted him cut because of 1 or 2 boneheaded plays. He's probably been the most consistent patriot player this season. He's been Mr. Reliable for Brady online, leading the team with 60 catches (caught 69% of passes) and 4 TD's. He's been a great ST player as well, his PR skills are elite and he seems to have one nice gamechanging return per game. He can tackle too!

The question is, do you bring Edelman back? As seen by Welker, the market for slot patriot WRs shouldn't be too strong, and Amendola hasn't shown much. However Edelman is probably looking to cash in and this season might just be an outlier. where is he next year?

vCash
    I think he's gone despite that teams may view Edelman as a product of the Pats' system and he may not be as valuable to another team as he is to New England. BB and Co. will set their price for Edelman and that will be that. Very little if no budging at all from their offer and that'll be that. Whether he accepts it to stay with Brady and a perennial championship contender or signs with another team that offered a more lucrative contract is up to him. I think he'll choose the latter and he deserves to get as much $$$$ he can.

vCash

Julian Edelman

^ interesting, I wonder if he (Edelman) had this kind of year last year, if we would have signed him long term instead of DA.... So far Edelman seems like the slot who can play outside that many thought Amendola was going to be, where as Amendola has been pretty much exclusively from the slot.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Out of passion and non logical thinking I want to keep Edelman at all cost, he's my favorite all time player just because he plays every position I did.

But thinking logically and whats good for the team and cap, he will probably be gone because he will probably look for as much money as possible considering he has only been on some small deals throughout his career.

vCash
    I would certainly have interest in bringing him back but I've done some looking ahead with the cap and just don't see a way to fit him in. If it's possible to have him back though I want him. I think we'd have to make some sacrifices on other guys that I'd rather not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    This guy was HATED across the board in 2010-2012 and many people wanted him cut because of 1 or 2 boneheaded plays. He's probably been the most consistent patriot player this season. He's been Mr. Reliable for Brady online, leading the team with 60 catches (caught 69% of passes) and 4 TD's. He's been a great ST player as well, his PR skills are elite and he seems to have one nice gamechanging return per game. He can tackle too!

The question is, do you bring Edelman back? As seen by Welker, the market for slot patriot WRs shouldn't be too strong, and Amendola hasn't shown much. However Edelman is probably looking to cash in and this season might just be an outlier. where is he next year?
    Before Amendola got hurt he was spectacular. How soon they forget. Either way they play different positions. As I wrote during camp, Amendola is mostly running outside routes and is seldom a slot here.

Edelman has badly outplayed Welker if you consider his cost vs Welker and the perf on the field.

Edelman is probably one of those guys worth more to us than other teams. Most teams that go after our WR's learn to rue the day since Brady and BB/staff get the best out of most of them.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post

I completely disagree with your characterization from anybody, even those that thought he wouldn't be signed or couldn't play as well as Wes Welker. I am one that thought he could not even come close to Wes Welker like performance and I am pleasantly surprised by his success. It looks like he will hit all the escalators in his contract. But even in my skepticism, I never piled hate on the guy. I don't remember others doing it either. The only question marks or skepticism I remember about Edelman were the same one cast at Amendola, those were injuries are a problem and could shorten their seasons.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    IMO it is imperative to find a way to bring back JE. He has to have exceeded everything the Pats could have projected by filling multiple roles at a high level. Very versatile, absolutely extends plays and most of all on the same page with Brady. With the O clicking and finding rhythm the way they are it would great next year to start with the same cast. I would anticipate a definite drop off in punt returns without him. Take the receivers on IR and Boyce and bring them along at a slow pace working their way in. I'm interested in seeing them play but would hesitate to have to start them in JE's place. In addition I just wouldn't want JE to go to an AFC contender. Things are looking great in NE.

vCash
    Everyone wondered if he could stay healthy and he most certainly has this season. He put those questions to rest IMO. I've been thinking about his future with us over the past few weeks and I think he leaves to get paid(which he deserves). We can't afford him and I think we have replacement options already available in T.J. Moe and Josh Boyce

He's been fantastic this season, no doubt.

vCash
    If nothing else he may be worth more to another team as a PR. He is an elite punt returner, then put that with the ability to play the slot and I'm not sure we don't get outbid by another team.
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    If nothing else he may be worth more to another team as a PR. He is an elite punt returner, then put that with the ability to play the slot and I'm not sure we don't get outbid by another team.
    Maybe he wants to stay?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Maybe he wants to stay?
    Well thats a whole other question. I'm talking just from the perspective of money.

I hope he wants to stay and we can reach a deal agreeable to both sides.
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Well thats a whole other question. I'm talking just from the perspective of money.

I hope he wants to stay and we can reach a deal agreeable to both sides.
    One of the ways Brady is great that is least appreciated is making silk purses out of sow's ears. Givens, Patton, Gaffney, Caldwell, etc. - either did nothing before Brady or nothing after (usually at a high cost) - or both. He also made good recs into great ones - Welker and Branch.

Every GM has to be concerned about over paying for an oft injured guy that seems to be as much or more a creation of Brady/BB than any of the others. He will not get a big contract here or elsewhere.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    One of the ways Brady is great that is least appreciated is making silk purses out of sow's ears. Givens, Patton, Gaffney, Caldwell, etc. - either did nothing before Brady or nothing after (usually at a high cost) - or both. He also made good recs into great ones - Welker and Branch.

Every GM has to be concerned about over paying for an oft injured guy that seems to be as much or more a creation of Brady/BB than any of the others. He will not get a big contract here or elsewhere.
    I didn't say big contract. That doesn't mean someone won't be willing to give him just enough more than us to convince him to go else where. We also don't know how much more it would take it to consider going somewhere else when he has a great thing going for him here.
    -

vCash
    Julian Edelman had 61 receptions, caught 9 balls today for a total of 70. The final escalator on his contract was 70 reception for a total of $250,000! He surely earned that money. Well done!
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast