Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Miles Burris & Tyvon Branch

Another game of Sio Moore not making a single tackle. I have to say that our defense has not looked all that good lately and it's time for an upgrade. We must have Tyvon Branch back and we must have Miles Burris as the starter. 96 tackles is 96 tackles. Our defense needs a shot in the arm because it's costing us games.

vCash
    I witnessed sio make a tackle or two but I agree, we need guys who can tackle. Branch would help outbso much.

vCash
    Lol, beat that horse eric

vCash
    Defense was really showing signs of fatigue in the second half. It was as a poor of an effort tackling as I have seen out of them this season.

vCash
    This defense isn't very good, which I tried to caution you guys early on but ofcourse you cant reason with desperate Raiders fans, Burris stinks(again) he was rated worst in the league by PFF who I don't place a great deal of weight on their evaluation system, but if your dead last? you aint good. Branch is the most overrated player in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    This defense isn't very good, which I tried to caution you guys early on but ofcourse you cant reason with desperate Raiders fans, Burris stinks(again) he was rated worst in the league by PFF who I don't place a great deal of weight on their evaluation system, but if your dead last? you aint good. Branch is the most overrated player in the league.
    I just checked the stats again. Moore did not make a single tackle in the Dallas game. Burris does not stink! Both him and Branch are capable of making 100 tackles in a single season. Moore is disappearing and we can't have that from a linebacker. The backup safeties are not cutting either. Right now Nick Roach, Kevin Burnett, and Charles Woodson are on pace for 100 tackles. I see nothing wrong with adding two more players who are capable of making 6 or 7 tackles in a game.

vCash
    They are both good pieces to have. Burris contributed greatly last year, and has been hurt all this year. What impact does not having Jason Hunter have? He brought a lot of QB pressures. I think they are having to blitz LBs more to make up for it, (Roach has 3.5 sacks in last 2 games and I think 1 all year before that) which has an affect.

Regardless, you draft the best player available and if Barr is on the board when we draft, you take him. One thing this staff has shown is they aren't afraid to correct a mistake, or else McGloin would be elsewhere and Tyler Wilson would be the back up QB..and Matt Flynn would still be wasting oxygen in Oakland.

One thing on Flynn though, he keeps getting chances when guys like Vince Young are at home on the couch, so they couldn't have been completely wrong about him.
    Last edited by raidersteve; 11-29-2013 at 10:57 AM.

vCash
    I like Branch but I don't want a safety making that many tackles. It means runners are getting into the secondary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I like Branch but I don't want a safety making that many tackles. It means runners are getting into the secondary.
    Imagine a defense with three Linebackers and two Safeties each making 100 tackles in a single season.

vCash
    ^ only so many tackles to get in one season lol

vCash
    Branch being injured hurts. I think Branch is highly underrated by some. I believe he's a top 10 when healthy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Defense was really showing signs of fatigue in the second half. It was as a poor of an effort tackling as I have seen out of them this season.
    Collectively, the Raiders have looked flat in the second half of games. However, it doesn't help when the offense goes three-and-out, making the Raider's defense being on the field both too long and frequently.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they consistently are.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Branch being injured hurts. I think Branch is highly underrated by some. I believe he's a top 10 when healthy
    I could not disagree more. I think Branch is highly overrated.

Our defensive scheme stinks right now. We play lights out and then we get the lead and we send 3 people at the QB and throw our corners 10-12 yards off of the receivers. Not going to win games with a prevent style defense.

vCash
    Now that training camp is fast approaching, the time has come to rethink our LB corps. The reason why Burris was rated as the worse OLB in 2012 is because of his pass coverage abilities, but he still made almost 100 tackles. Moore on the other hand is a solid pass defender and would be better served as a weakside LB where pass coverage skills are most in need. I'm fine with Khalil Mack at the strongside LB, but a place must be found for Miles Burris. And that place is the mike LB where pass coverage skills is not as great a need. Burnett could be on the way out because he's been missing practices and his salary is too high, but Roach could be replaced as well if he continues to be blown off the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    Collectively, the Raiders have looked flat in the second half of games. However, it doesn't help when the offense goes three-and-out, making the Raider's defense being on the field both too long and frequently.
    This is a false illusion the Raider defense is failing from kickoff, we need to stop fooling ourselves.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast