Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Jason Kidd and the 'spill' maneuver

I believe that move.........

A) Gained some respect for Kidd from his players.

B) Shows Kidd is getting over the 'new coach jitters' and starting to think on his feet, as to what is going on oncourt. Kidd's oncourt instincts were amongst the best, and if he can now translate that into the oncourt strategies of his team during the game, the Nets may have something.

vCash
    I don't see how that move would gain respect from his players and I don't see how that proves he's over the new coach jitters, if he even has any.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jeffrey View Post
    I don't see how that move would gain respect from his players and I don't see how that proves he's over the new coach jitters, if he even has any.
    Somehow, that dosn't surprise me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    Somehow, that dosn't surprise me.
    I'm sorry it doesn't, but if you are going to respond then please respond with an actual response instead of "Not surprised".

vCash
    Sorry, not to interject (Knicks fan here), but I was curious on how Brooklyn fans were viewing Cupgate and couldn't help reading this comment.

Players and coaches view the "rules" of the game very differently than fans.

“I thought it was genius,” Raptors swingman Rudy Gay said. “Honestly. Honestly. That’s the name of the game, to find loopholes in things.”

“That’s a player tactic,” Terrence Ross admired. “He got away with it. They’ll probably make a rule about it next year.”

“I’ve seen that happen before, guys use that as a timeout,” Toronto coach Dwane Casey said. “Different coaches have done that when you don’t have a timeout. It’s part of the game within the game, if that’s what he did.”
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...player-tactic/

Players view that as pushing the boundaries to try to get a win, taking a fine is viewed as part of the price of the game (like eating a Tech to protect your players), and as for Coaches, it's nothing they haven't seen before (IE, a vet move).

Though you're less likely to see the players and coaches so honest if they were talking to a US outlet, it's amazing what players and coaches will say when talking to outlets in Canada or Overseas (they figure nobody is really paying attention, ie, minimal risk).

So yah, I suspect he earned some points in the locker room.

And of course the NBA has to come down hard (like on flopping ) to preserve the "integrity" of the game.

vCash
    Loved it

she says go for the championship

vCash
    I'm sorry it doesn't, but if you are going to respond then please respond with an actual response instead of "Not surprised".
    A) I'll respond to your responses in whichever way I want to.

B) Your response got the response that it deserved.

vCash

Dude, you may wanna friendly up a little if you want people to stay and post here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    Dude, you may wanna friendly up a little if you want people to stay and post here.
    pajamas got the response he deserved.

Perhapss you'd like to post a response of your own to his post.that will make him feel most welcome in here, and lead to everlasting peace and friendship throughout the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    It's nothing new. There are always people like this. I've lurked a lot of these forums for years and every forum has this type of person. The Nets had llemon, the Yankees have leoharris, and the Giants have giants#1fan.

I just don't see why people get ever so defensive when you ask for justification.

I don't mind you giving me that type of response, but just know that you won't gain any respect or any acknowledgement with the "You're too stupid for me to reply to" type of response.

I'm not gonna fight you on an online forum, that's pointless. Feel free to respond to me however you wish. But just a pointer, in the future if somebody asks you to justify yourself and you respond by telling them they're too stupid to deserve one, don't be surprised if they take physical action.

vCash
    It's nothing new. There are always people like this. I've lurked a lot of these forums for years and every forum has this type of person. The Nets had llemon, the Yankees have leoharris, and the Giants have giants#1fan.

I just don't see why people get ever so defensive when you ask for justification.

I don't mind you giving me that type of response, but just know that you won't gain any respect or any acknowledgement with the "You're too stupid for me to reply to" type of response.

I'm not gonna fight you on an online forum, that's pointless. Feel free to respond to me however you wish. But just a pointer, in the future if somebody asks you to justify yourself and you respond by telling them they're too stupid to deserve one, don't be surprised if they take physical action.
    You got the response you deserved. You didn't add anything informative or informational in your post. You just basically said "No, it didn't".

But what do you expect from a lurker.

And please sonny, don't try to give me life advice, I've been around much longer than you have.

vCash
    You got the response you deserved. You didn't add anything informative or informational in your post. You just basically said "No, it didn't".

But what do you expect from a lurker.

And please sonny, don't try to give me life advice, I've been around much longer than you have.
    I did not know you knew my age? Scary.

You said he gained respect. I asked how? You said I'm too stupid to deserve a response.

vCash
    I did not know you knew my age? Scary.

You said he gained respect. I asked how? You said I'm too stupid to deserve a response.
    I never, ever called you stupid. HOWEVER, if you don't realize how the spill move might have given the Nets players more respect for Kidd, then I will allow some other poster to state what I think of your NBA intelligence.

And as to your age, i was making an assumtion based on your posts.
    Last edited by TheMightyHumph; 11-30-2013 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    I never, ever called you stupid. HOWEVER, if you don't realize how the spill move might have given the Nets players more respect for Kidd, then I will allow some other poster to state what I think of your NBA intelligence.

And as to your age, i was making an assumtion based on your posts.
    There is no real difference between "Your post doesn't deserve a response" and "You're too stupid to deserve a response".

Sure didn't sound like an assumption.

vCash
    There is no real difference between "Your post doesn't deserve a response" and "You're too stupid to deserve a response".

Sure didn't sound like an assumption.
    The assumption in this case is that you believe that I posted "Your post doesn't deserve a response".

Your assumption is incorrect, and brings us to the boundries of your intelligence.

My assunption was about your age.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast