Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

EARLY START: Detroit Red Wings (12-7-7) @ New York Islanders (8-14-3)

Detroit Red Wings @ New York Islanders

Date: November 29th, 2013
    Time: 4:00 PM EST
    Where: Long Island, New York
    TV: FS-D; MSG PLUS

Record: 12-7-7
    Road Record: 7-3-1

Leading Scorers
    1. Henrik Zetterberg (30)
    2. Pavel Datsyuk (23)
    3) Niklas Kronwall (17)
    4) Daniel Alfredsson (16)
    5) Johan Franzen (16)

vCash
    Pavel Datsyuk, and Todd Bertuzzi are not expected to play. Not sure who's getting the start in net so I didn't list it above. Line combinations are likely the same, which are:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen
    Abdelkader-Helm-Alfredsson
    Miller-Andersson-Tatar
    Cleary-Weiss-Samuelsson

Kronwall-Ericsson
    Quincey-Smith
    Kindl-Lashoff

vCash
    No excuse not to win this one. Was Smith with Quincey last game?
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    No excuse not to win this one. Was Smith with Quincey last game?
    I believe so. I'm nto 100% sure, but I saw Brendan Smith on the ice with Kyle Quincey and Brian Lashoff at times. He really played his best game of the season yesterday so hopefully he can keep it up. He's been better since returning from the injury. Only hope he can keep it up. Jakub Kindl looks great.

vCash
    Next year I assume Quincy will be let go. Then we will have

Kronwall - Ericsson
    Dekeyser - Smith
    Kindl - Lashoff

with Ouellet and Almqvist getting some games. Honestly I don't know what we're going to do on defense. We have all these kids coming up in the next couple of years and 4 of those guys probably won't be going anywhere. So, trade Kindl? I think Lashoff will always have less priority than some of these kids. I do like Lashoff though. Dude is much improved this year.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Yup, Quincey is likely gone. He was a nice stop gap right now. I really do think he's important, but these kids are coming up. However, like I said, I could still see Kyle Quincey getting re-signed. Jakub Kindl might be ready for a #4 spot next season.

The thing with Brian Lashoff is his potential peak is not as high as others. In fact, Almquist, Ouellet, Smith, Sproul and Marchenyko all have a higher potential peak. Brian Lashoff is very mobile, and generally smart. Big (can be bigger) and sound defensively. Brendan Smith has been somewhere around 19 minutes a game since returning I believe.

We'll have tons of cap in the summer as well. I don't think any Griffins need to be up next year. Tomas Jurco likely can't crack the top nine yet. 22 seems to be the age to come up here. Daniel Alfredsson, Todd Bertuzzi, Kyle Quincey, Dan Cleary, Mikael Samuelsson, and Patrick Eaves are all UFAs. Tomas Tatar, Adam Almquist, and Luke Glendening are our key RFAs.

Daniel Alfredsson can still play obviously. I'd love to have him back. Dan Cleary for about 1M on the fourth line. No to Sammy, and Eaves. Kyle Quincey and Detroit should move on. Todd Bertuzzi should probably hang them up after this.

I'd think if Stephen Weiss keeps this up, a buyout may happen. Last year to do so I believe. If we don't:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
    Nyquist-Weiss-Franzen
    Tatar-Helm-Alfredsson/???
    Miller-Andersson-Cleary/????

Kronwall - Ericsson
    DeKeyser - Smith
    Kindl - Lashoff
    Veteran/Almquist/Ouellet
    Jordin Tootoo could be back up I suppose. I think they key is still to ahve Dats and Z together long-term. Prospects are heating up on the backend. Petr Mrazek could step up as a back-up goaltender next year. Jonas Gustavsson is earning his way a 1b spot at 3M+ out of town at this rate.

vCash
    Wings looking for some revenge after the loss in shootout to these guys. Here's hoping the offensive explosion continues in this game.

vCash
    We're going to lose as the Isles currently aren't in the playoffs. Game over. We can't beat these teams.

vCash
    Helm is rapidly becoming my favorite Red Wing.

vCash
    Helmer!!!!!!!!! Man both Zetterberg and Helm have done a great Datsyuk impression tonight.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Helm is rapidly becoming my favorite Red Wing.
    He's just a player you can't help but love.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Loved the play in the period once they settled down. Offensively they got what they wanted and dominated the play in the Isles zone. Only being up 1-0 is a bit disappointing but if they keep up this play that lead will grow so no worries there.

vCash
    Haha Helm with the shorty!!

He really has made a HUGE difference on the PK since he's returned. Very easily can he turn defense into offense and its entertaining as hell to watch.

vCash
    Scary collision there

vCash
    Yeah that could've put him out for a while again. Luckily it didn't, and we're up 2-0.
    - Mike Babcock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast