Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Tigers shopping Austin Jackson

According to reports the Tigers are listening to offers for center fielder Austin Jackson. I think this would be a great fit for the Mets. He'll only be 27 next season and would be a big offensive upgrade in the top of the order. Also with the Prince trade they might be looking for a 1st baseman or if they move Miggy to first a guy like flores might be a nice part of a package to play 3rd. What are your guys thoughts on this and what would it take to get him?

vCash
    I like this as well, but along with Flores who is still mostly unproven, who else are we throwing into this deal to make it interesting for the Tigers?

vCash
    Make it happen Spindy

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB2K10King View Post
    I like this as well, but along with Flores who is still mostly unproven, who else are we throwing into this deal to make it interesting for the Tigers?
    That's what I wasn't sure of either. I mean how much could they expect in return for him though? Hes a .270 hitter who strikes out a good amount and doesnt steal many bases. Maybe something like Duda, flores, and a near MLB ready arm like montero?

vCash
    Unless we trade Lagares in the deal, this move probably won't happen. We aren't going to have 3 CF playing at the same time. I'm a big Jackson guy though, so I would love him here and batting leadoff.

vCash
    Why are they interested in shopping Jackson if he's productive and affordable?
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    He didn't perform in the playoffs(like Prince) and he's only under control for 2 more seasons. Boras is his agent.

vCash
    The Tigers already have a major league ready third baseman, which is why they were able to trade Prince. They also just traded for Kinsler, so they don't need a 2B. Miggy is a butcher at 3B, so they're moving him back to 1B where he belongs. Flores, Ike, and Murphy are not options.

They probably could use a SS, but we don't have one to give them.

If they're trading Austin Jackson, they're either looking for OF's or pitching.

The biggest need is major league CF and LF, so Puello would likely be their first request, but Lagares and den Dekker could also have to be included since Puellos isn't quite ready.

Their rotation is solid, so they'd probably want starting pitching that is will be ready sometime between mid 2014-2016. That means at least 2 of Montero, Thor, Matz, deGrom, Fulmer, and Ynoa would have to be included.

The Tigers also need a closer/late inning BP help which means one of Black, Parnell, Familia, or Mejia (starter/closer) is goint would have to be included.

So here's what I think is the minimum the Mets would have to do to make this deal...

Lagares/den Dekker, Puello, Mejia, Parnell, and Montero/Matz/deGrom for Jackson and 1 or 2 C level prospects.

Would you do that deal? I think that's a lot to give up for Jackson, but I'd be inclined to kick the tires. He's not a top CF, but he's young and talented. I just wonder how high a price tag Detroit would put on him.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Maybe they want to sign Ellsbury ... they actually do have a pocketbook without a lock on it

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    The Tigers already have a major league ready third baseman, which is why they were able to trade Prince. They also just traded for Kinsler, so they don't need a 2B. Miggy is a butcher at 3B, so they're moving him back to 1B where he belongs. Flores, Ike, and Murphy are not options.

They probably could use a SS, but we don't have one to give them.

If they're trading Austin Jackson, they're either looking for OF's or pitching.

The biggest need is major league CF and LF, so Puello would likely be their first request, but Lagares and den Dekker could also have to be included since Puellos isn't quite ready.

Their rotation is solid, so they'd probably want starting pitching that is will be ready sometime between mid 2014-2016. That means at least 2 of Montero, Thor, Matz, deGrom, Fulmer, and Ynoa would have to be included.

The Tigers also need a closer/late inning BP help which means one of Black, Parnell, Familia, or Mejia (starter/closer) is goint would have to be included.

So here's what I think is the minimum the Mets would have to do to make this deal...

Lagares/den Dekker, Puello, Mejia, Parnell, and Montero/Matz/deGrom for Jackson and 1 or 2 C level prospects.

Would you do that deal? I think that's a lot to give up for Jackson, but I'd be inclined to kick the tires. He's not a top CF, but he's young and talented. I just wonder how high a price tag Detroit would put on him.
    HUGE difference between those two. If I'm trading Lagares, I'm not including much more than him alone. Maybe Lagares and deGrom at best. Lagares is under control for at least 5 years and he was just as productive as Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    HUGE difference between those two. If I'm trading Lagares, I'm not including much more than him alone. Maybe Lagares and deGrom at best. Lagares is under control for at least 5 years and he was just as productive as Jackson.
    That's your opinion, and I'm not going to keep debating the Lagares/den Dekker issue since there's no real resolution.

If you think Lagares and deGrom alone get Jackson, I say this. I'd be all in for that deal, but I think the Tigers' are going to insist on much more than that. If Sandy can pull it off though, it would be his 3rd phenominal trade in 3 years.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Why is Murphy not an option in any deal with the Tigers? Isn't Murphy a natural 3Bman who was always blocked by Wright?

Why wouldn't Murphy and Montero work? Tigers sign Ellsbury, Murphy plays 3B Cabrera goes to 1st.

Tigers get a starting 3Bman and a high prospect starter. We get a starting OFer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    That's your opinion, and I'm not going to keep debating the Lagares/den Dekker issue since there's no real resolution.

If you think Lagares and deGrom alone get Jackson, I say this. I'd be all in for that deal, but I think the Tigers' are going to insist on much more than that. If Sandy can pull it off though, it would be his 3rd phenominal trade in 3 years.
    I say that because Lagares is a proven player defensively on this level, den Dekker is not proven in any capacity. Juan is also 1 1/2 years younger.

Trading Jackson would free up $4.8M in favor of Lagares for 2014 and they could pursue Choo more heavily as their leadoff man. DeGrom could be very effective in their pen. How about this mega-deal?

Niese, Lagares, deGrom, and Plawecki for Jackson and Porcello.

vCash

Tigers shopping Austin Jackson

The tigers have a SS.
    Thru want pitching.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The tigers have a SS.
    Thru want pitching.
    What do you think of my deal of Niese, Lagares, deGrom, and Plawecki for Jackson and Porcello?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast