Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers Point of Attack Strategy Nxt Year:Melo takes 1st Half, Kobe takes the 2nd Half

The likelihood of Carmelo Anthony becoming a Lakers next summer is increasing with every Knicks loss this season.

Sure, Carmelo Anthony is not the future face of the franchise, but he is that offensive threat type of superstar that you need to create a juggernaut.

This is the argument to sign Carmelo Anthony and have him on your team for the next 4 years:

With Kobe Bryant in 2014, who will be entering his 18th season in the NBA, and just about 18 months removed from an achilles surgery, and at that time will be 36 years old, will need a guy to carry the offensive scoring load. Sure, you have your role players moving the ball etc., getting their 3's in the D'Antoni system, nice guard play, P&R, all that cute essential stuff that goes on in Mike D'Antoni's mind.

But what about those moments when your team goes through scoring droughts? You need that unique factor that helps you score in a way that the rest of the team can't score.

There will be a certain point of attack that the Lakers will have going forward in Kobe's last 2 years.

Carmelo takes the 1st Half, and Kobe takes the 2nd Half.

What do I mean by this?

Well, Carmelo Anthony is by far the best offensive 1st half force that this game has today. He scores roughly 75% of his total points in the first half on a high efficient rate. When the game starts off, there's no other guy that dominates the 1st half like Carmelo Anthony.

However, what happens when half-time rolls around, you lose your rhythm, and the minutes and fatigue build up?

Carmelo Anthony cannot sustain it. But who will be able to pick up the scoring load in the 2nd half after he hasn't overexerted himself much in the previous 24 minutes?

Kobe Bryant. Still the best closer in the game, and the guy that will essentially pick up wherever Anthony left off in the 1st half.

People will say that two "chuckers" won't be able to co-exist, they will need the ball to dominate and will want their shot attempts.

Both will get their ball to dominate and both will get their shot attempt numbers, but at different junctures of the game.

This way, the 2-shooting guard Kobe Bryant, and 3-Small forward Carmelo Anthony will be able to co-exist throughout the 48 minutes of an NBA basketball game.

The pieces you surround them with and getting that 3rd superstar and role players that fit, well, that remains to be seen over the next 2 summers, and possibly even if something that may transpire by this February's trade deadline.

vCash

Lakers Point of Attack Strategy Nxt Year:Melo takes 1st Half, Kobe takes the 2nd Half

ball Sachs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    ball Sachs
    Understandable. Jock itch is a huge issue in today's society.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    ball Sachs

vCash
    I think they'd be great together

vCash
    Whether or not they'd be great together doesn't really matter if we have scrubs on the court along side them.

Also, I'm still not buying Melo coming here

vCash
    Particularly if Princkles'experiment still around here!
    The lucky one!

vCash
    They can co exist, let's see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Whether or not they'd be great together doesn't really matter if we have scrubs on the court along side them.

I agree. Carmelo would be 31 by the time we even make the playoffs. Signing him to a 4 year max deal is not a smart move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    I agree. Carmelo would be 31 by the time we even make the playoffs. Signing him to a 4 year max deal is not a smart move.
    Yup. It just doesn't really make much sense to sign him for a 4 year max.

Plus we have the whole Pringles situation...

vCash
    I think he ggot payed so much to tank. Look he cant do it by himself you get a stud out the draft in sign a star then you sign role players. What do top 3 draft picks gets payed? Just the way id do it if i payec kobe that much....
    If loving the raiders is wrong then I dont wanna be right!!!!!
    Prosportsdaily where we fight and cheer for the same team
    At the same time

vCash
    Something has to happen though.
    If loving the raiders is wrong then I dont wanna be right!!!!!
    Prosportsdaily where we fight and cheer for the same team
    At the same time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post

I'm pretty sure we're bringing back most of the bench next year. So it would be kobe, melo, and the best bench in the league (granted they would need to be willing to take a little less money than they could get elsewhere).

vCash
    Is there any way we can get Kobe, Gasol, and Melo on one team? Given Kobe's new contract.

vCash
    please god no. Melo wants to be the man not a robin

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast