Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

PK Subban vs Kris Letang

I got into an argument tonight with my brother over who is the better of the two. In my opinion, Subban is the obvious choice. As far as points go, Letang averages more PPG, but in terms defensive play and the ability to play in all situations I would go with Subban. From watching both I just think Subban is better defensively.

This will also be a hot debate when it comes to the defenseman that will be taken to Sochi for team Canada.

Thoughts? I could be wrong, and very well could be viewing this from the "I hate the Penguins with everything I have" mindset.

vCash
    Give me PK Subban all day. I don't hesitate here either.

vCash
    Subban. He's better defensively and is just as good offensively. Not that close IMO.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Thank you both. That's exactly what I said, but I had both my brother and his friend giving me hell about it. I thought I might be using my homer goggles here, but I really thought there was no contest between the two in terms of all-around play.

vCash
    Subban pretty easy. I still hate him though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Subban. He's better defensively and is just as good offensively. Not that close IMO.
    This is very close and I agree that subban is better defensively but he is not just as good as letang offensively. Letang has that unique offensive ability that not many defenseman have. He can take the puck coast to coast at will and is a premier power play qb(second only to Karlson). There are fewer defenseman with his skill set so I'd pick letang. I know the rangers haven't had a defenseman with that skill set since leetch left

Can I fix you some sandwiches?

vCash
    Kris Letang also plays in a fantastic system for an offensive defenseman..

vCash
    Letang plays in a very spread out system which allows his passes to flourish ( he can get away with the bad ones) . Subban is so smooth offensively... I find that with a lot of habs players they don't get credit just because everyone hates them. Its not entirely that close lol.
    Last edited by homie564; 11-28-2013 at 01:34 AM.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Kris Letang also plays in a fantastic system for an offensive defenseman..
    Exactly. In my opinion Subban is the far superior player. Way better defensively and his shot makes him better offensively. Subban on the pens would be scary.

vCash
    I still think Andrei Markov is a top 12 defenseman in the NHL. I honestly do. He's not getting the credit due to PK Subban, but he was killing it before Subban and Motnreal ended that holdout. Gorges, Emelin and Diaz is a great 1-5. They've got a few defenseman that can play #6 as well. Douglas Murray is there I believe, but he seems very shot.

vCash
    Subban. Markov would if he could stay healthy.

vCash
    If anyone else here watched the Leafs vs. Pens game last night - Letang looked dreadful. No confidence, was being beat in most battles, didn't look like he had his legs under him. I love the guy, but I don't think he's healthy or he has NO confidence in himself right now...

Subban is a great player. I'd take him in this one.

vCash
    Even though I hate Subban (by law being a Leaf fan) he's clearly the more well rounded player and it's not even close IMO. You could put the chimp from the MVP movies on the Pens powerplay and he'd produce, the rest of the game Letang is severely lacking at the moment.

vCash
    Subban. It's not even close. Letang has been awful this year and is certainly helped by the players around him.

vCash
    Subban. Even though i'm supposed to hate him.

I'd take him on my team any time, and he is a great guest analyst on HockeyCentral

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast