Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nets-Lakers

vCash

Nets-Lakers

Any supposed Net fans watch this game tonight?

Horrible 1st quarter, Great comeback led by energetic and effective play by the Bench.

Pierce and JJ blew this game in the 4th qtr,

Nets should be looking for a contender that would give Nets something of worth for Pierce and/or KG, IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    Any supposed Net fans watch this game tonight?

Horrible 1st quarter, Great comeback led by energetic and effective play by the Bench.

Pierce and JJ blew this game in the 4th qtr,

Nets should be looking for a contender that would give Nets something of worth for Pierce and/or KG, IMO
    Such a disappointing game, neither JJ nor Pierce could hit a wide open FT line jumper to take the lead and they were so careless with the ball and collapsed the paint on guys like Hill to leave Young open

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jeffrey View Post
    Such a disappointing game, neither JJ nor Pierce could hit a wide open FT line jumper to take the lead and they were so careless with the ball and collapsed the paint on guys like Hill to leave Young open
    I coudn't be disappointed because of the play of Mirza, PlumLoco, Tyshawn, and to an extent, Anderson.

IMO, Kidd has to give Toko more of Pierce's minutes, and explain to Shengalia not to be afraid to make mistakes as long as he hustles on both ends of the court.

Livingston at PG is starting to hurt the Nets.

vCash
    I coudn't be disappointed because of the play of Mirza, PlumLoco, Tyshawn, and to an extent, Anderson.

IMO, Kidd has to give Toko more of Pierce's minutes, and explain to Shengalia not to be afraid to make mistakes as long as he hustles on both ends of the court.

Livingston at PG is starting to hurt the Nets.
    Plumlee and Mirza were awesome as were TyShawn and Anderson but that doesn't mean you can't be disappointed. The other guys played like CRAP.

If we had DWILL and Lopez and AK47 we would have easily won this game.

I agree Livingston lost his hot streak he had and now Taylor need to get more burn.

vCash
    If we had DWILL and Lopez and AK47 we would have easily won this game.
    You play with the guys that are available.

Lakers didn't have Kobe.

vCash
    You play with the guys that are available.

Lakers didn't have Kobe.
    In all honesty I think DWILL + Lopez + AK47 > Kobe Bryant.

Nets fans rag on Lopez, but now they see how incredibly valuable he is to this team.

By the way, does anybody know where Lopez and AK47 are? I never see them on the sidelines, but I see DWILL in his suit.

vCash
    In all honesty I think DWILL + Lopez + AK47 > Kobe Bryant.

Nets fans rag on Lopez, but now they see how incredibly valuable he is to this team.

By the way, does anybody know where Lopez and AK47 are? I never see them on the sidelines, but I see DWILL in his suit.
    Lopez is limited in his skills. Deron has given Nets 1/2 season of good basketball, collapsed in the playoffs, and may never be the PG/floor general he once was. AK is oft injured, has limited game, and is getting older.

It was just nice to see the Nets play with passion in the 2nd half of the game.

I'm all about the effort and aggressiveness.

vCash
    Lopez is limited in his skills. Deron has given Nets 1/2 season of good basketball, collapsed in the playoffs, and may never be the PG/floor general he once was. AK is oft injured, has limited game, and is getting older.

It was just nice to see the Nets play with passion in the 2nd half of the game.

I'm all about the effort and aggressiveness.
    Lopez is limited in his skills? In what sense? Offensively, I believe he was the best Center in the NBA at scoring in the paint. You throw in his ability to his hit mid range jumpers with his back to the basket game and you have an extremely skilled center.

Defensively he is good. He led the NBA while healthy in FG% allowed near the rim. He was better than Hibbert, Howard, Gasol, and Noah. We were tied for 6th best defense with him, tied for last without him.

AK is oft injured yes but he also said this is the worst back spasms he's ever had to deal with. Limited game? Have you watched him play?

He's a great passer, he's a solid finisher, he can shoot 3s and mid range not to mention he can really run the floor. Defensively he can guard the 2, 3, and 4 so I don't exactly see how his skill set is limited.

Effort is all perception. Were the Nets trying harder in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters? No. It just seemed that way because they were able to play better than the 1st quarter and were able to get rid of their massive deficit.

vCash
    Lopez is limited in his skills? In what sense? Offensively, I believe he was the best Center in the NBA at scoring in the paint. You throw in his ability to his hit mid range jumpers with his back to the basket game and you have an extremely skilled center.

Defensively he is good. He led the NBA while healthy in FG% allowed near the rim. He was better than Hibbert, Howard, Gasol, and Noah. We were tied for 6th best defense with him, tied for last without him.

AK is oft injured yes but he also said this is the worst back spasms he's ever had to deal with. Limited game? Have you watched him play?

He's a great passer, he's a solid finisher, he can shoot 3s and mid range not to mention he can really run the floor. Defensively he can guard the 2, 3, and 4 so I don't exactly see how his skill set is limited.

Effort is all perception. Were the Nets trying harder in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters? No. It just seemed that way because they were able to play better than the 1st quarter and were able to get rid of their massive deficit.
    So, Lopez isn't limited. AK, At one point, was talented. Playing with effortm eans you care about playing with effort, Mr. pajamas

vCash
    So, Lopez isn't limited. AK, At one point, was talented. Playing with effortm eans you care about playing with effort, Mr. pajamas
    AK at one point was talented? Sure, last year even.

He put up 12 5 and 3 on 50% shooting. Yeah he's done.

vCash
    AK at one point was talented? Sure, last year even.

He put up 12 5 and 3 on 50% shooting. Yeah he's done.
    Doing great this season, ain't he?

vCash
    Doing great this season, ain't he?
    So in your estimate he's not a skilled player because he's hurt?

vCash
    So in your estimate he's not a skilled player because he's hurt?
    Skills are what are shown on a basketball court

vCash
    Skills are what are shown on a basketball court
    So is Kobe Bryant not a skilled player? When Michael Jordan was injured and missed some games was he not skilled? When Tracy McGrady was injured and missed games was he not skilled? Grant Hill? Jason Kidd? Steve Nash? Carmelo Anthony? Russell Westbrook?

vCash
    So is Kobe Bryant not a skilled player? When Michael Jordan was injured and missed some games was he not skilled? When Tracy McGrady was injured and missed games was he not skilled? Grant Hill? Jason Kidd? Steve Nash? Carmelo Anthony? Russell Westbrook?
    You've got AK in some serious company. I've never been a big a fan of AK as many fans have been. It seems he a decent role player, if and when he's healthy, but I beklieve it took replacing AK with Boozer to get Jazz passed the 1st rd. Of course, AK actually cried about it.

And if you think AK is the player he was in the mid '00s, you are looking at a different player than I've been watching the last few seasons.

Some fans were impressed by the 5x5s. I wasn't.

And now he's older and less skilled, talented and athletic, and obviously more prone to injury, which each injury diminishing each of his abilities.

Tell me which parts of that statement you disagree with.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast