Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Too soon to call Anthony Bennett a bust?

Surprised to have not seen this discussed more considering all of the other early season overreactions.

I know he's young, hardly playing, etc. but he's not played well or even gotten decent minutes on a bad team. I don't think he's as bad as his numbers indicate but I'm not sure if a player drafted so high could ever recover from what is already looking like a disastrous rookie season.

Too soon to call him a bust? Discuss.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    i beleive its too soon to call him a bust,

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    ya never know, guys like Zach Randolph, Jemaine O'Neal, even Steve Nash all looked like scrubs their first few years. so he might become a really good player some year, who knows

vCash
    Nope if youre that ****** already youre always gonna be ******.

I think we can all agree that 13ppg-7rpg would be considered a bust for Anthony Bennett right? Because i think that's his max potential.

vCash
    Nah, I think he just needs to get in a little better shape and it can change his fortunes a lot.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    To soon to call him a bust, despite looking like **** 15 games into the season its definitely to soon to label him that.

vCash
    I personally think he was a bad fit for the Cavs. Derrick Williams is kind of in the same boat, not sure if he's a 3 or 4, to small for the 4 too slow for the 3. I think he can be a Kenneth Faried with a jump shot though, and that can be scary.

vCash
    Nope, he's a bust. The draft was so bad that a B prospect got picked #1 overall. He's not that good but I can't really blame the Cavs for picking. There might not be anyone in last draft that would go top 15 in this draft. Certainly not top 5. So lets say best case you got a #6 overall type player who has a long way to go if he's ever going to be anything. That is a bust for a #1 overall pick. Even this soon. His ceiling isn't very high IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    ya never know, guys like Zach Randolph, Jemaine O'Neal, even Steve Nash all looked like scrubs their first few years. so he might become a really good player some year, who knows
    Some guys take longer to develop but Zack Randolph was drafted 19th, Jermaine 17th, and nash 15th. Even in a weak draft, a number one pick should be getting minutes and, for a big man, at least 10 ppg/ 5 rebound right out of the gate imo

vCash
    I swear there's already been a thread on this in the NBA forum, with an almost identical thread title, after Bennett didn't score a FG after his first 5 games (I think this was when the original thread was made).

vCash
    I think the Cavs should have gone with Porter Jr. Better fit, true SF, and more potential than Bennett IMO. Yes, he is currently injured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I think the Cavs should have gone with Porter Jr. Better fit, true SF, and more potential than Bennett IMO. Yes, he is currently injured.
    I heard Porter eats a good donut. That may entice Bennett. I love drafting players whom aspire to be Tashaun Prince.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I heard Porter eats a good donut. That may entice Bennett. I love drafting players whom aspire to be Tashaun Prince.
    ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    ?
    Yep exactly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Yep exactly!
    I don't know if you're calling Porter Jr. gay or what?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast