Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If you are 7ft with athleticism and skill then basically you are a top 10 player ever

I know it's obvious that being 7 ft tall, skilled and athletic would you make you unstoppable. Seriously thinking about though. How many players have there been that fit these descriptions?

Chamberlain, KAJ, Shaq, Robinson. That's about it. That's arguably 3 of the 4 most dominant players ever there. I have no idea how Robinson wasn't a better player being so gifted. His stats look like God though, but people don't think of him as ATG.

It's like it's not even fair. Dirk is a 7 footer with skill, but no athleticism. He's an all time great. If he was 6'6" he'd just be a spot up shooter. If Dirk had an ounce of athleticism he'd probably be a top 5 player ever.

Look at the everybody in the NBA who's about 6'6" and under. They all have skill and athleticism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wowzah View Post
    I know it's obvious that being 7 ft tall, skilled and athletic would you make you unstoppable. Seriously thinking about though. How many players have there been that fit these descriptions?

Chamberlain, KAJ, Shaq, Robinson. That's about it. That's arguably 3 of the 4 most dominant players ever there. I have no idea how Robinson wasn't a better player being so gifted. His stats look like God though, but people don't think of him as ATG.

It's like it's not even fair. Dirk is a 7 footer with skill, but no athleticism. He's an all time great. If he was 6'6" he'd just be a spot up shooter. If Dirk had an ounce of athleticism he'd probably be a top 5 player ever.

Look at the everybody in the NBA who's about 6'6" and under. They all have skill and athleticism.
    David is an all time great, he is just one of the most underrated players in history because he was on garbage teams during his prime. Once he was old, Duncan came along and then they won rings. If you look at Chamberlain, KAJ, and Shaq, they all played with top 5 guys in the league while in there prime. If David had his whole career with a prime Duncan, then he would undoubtedly be considered a top 8 player ever because a prime David and Tim would of probably won 5 plus rings and David would of won finals MVP at least 2-3 times. So there you have it.

vCash
    The only guys who put up great and efficient stats that don't win rings, are the guys who just don't have enough talent around them. KG is another great example of this. During his prime he couldn't win and he had better teams than David. Much better teams. Googliotta, Sam Cassel, Latrel Sprewel, but still not championship level talent, not all time talent. As soon as he went to the Celtics....Ring This isn't very true with Malone, but they ran into Bulls so you know.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 11-27-2013 at 10:47 PM.

vCash
    So DeAndre Jordan is a top 10 player? This doesn't apply at all. Shaq was dominant because he was enormous, yes, but he was also very skilled. Dirk is one of the best shooters in the history of the game, and happens to be 7 foot. He was pretty damn athletic in his younger days. KAJ was insanely skilled as well. Saying you don't know how a former MVP wasn't better is pretty puzzling as well (The Admiral).

This basically has no grounds except for something we all knew. If you're 7 foot tall, you are going to have a greater shot at being a professional basketball player than someone who is 5'10".

vCash
    Morning, Ewing are guys who come to mind also, 7 foot athletic and skilled, Javale is just missing the skill, but honestly if I was a player choosing a body to play in the nba, it would be Lebron, then Javale.

vCash
    Just read the title, and saw "skilled" in there. I don't get this question at all.

If you are 7 foot, athletic, and skilled, then you're going to be pretty good. That would be basketball. Being tall, athletic, and skilled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky recon View Post
    So DeAndre Jordan is a top 10 player? This doesn't apply at all. Shaq was dominant because he was enormous, yes, but he was also very skilled. Dirk is one of the best shooters in the history of the game, and happens to be 7 foot. He was pretty damn athletic in his younger days. KAJ was insanely skilled as well. Saying you don't know how a former MVP wasn't better is pretty puzzling as well (The Admiral).

This basically has no grounds except for something we all knew. If you're 7 foot tall, you are going to have a greater shot at being a professional basketball player than someone who is 5'10".
    I do not consider Jordan to have offensive skill and I don't consider Dirk to be athletic. When I mean athletic I mean not your average dedicated gym goer. That would be someone like me, but I'd hardly consider myself "athletic", far from it. I'm talking elite athlete type athleticism.

vCash
    Just read the title, and saw "skilled" in there. I don't get this question at all.

If you are 7 foot, athletic, and skilled, then you're going to be pretty good. That would be basketball. Being tall, athletic, and skilled.
    It's not really a question. It was an observation.

vCash
    yeah no kidding.... you're huge, with elite athleticism and then you're also extremely skilled at basketball... go figure this often leads to being a good basketball player... what are you saying/asking/doing with this thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wowzah View Post
    It's not really a question. It was an observation.
    I don't want to sound like an *******, but you observed that being extremely tall, extremely athletic, and extremely skilled meant being extremely good, and decided to make a thread?

vCash
    Op forgot hakeem.

But his theory aint too good anyway,

Chambers got all that and is not a top 10 player.

Gasol got all that at his prime too and you can place him anywhere 50-75 all time, definetly not top 10.

vCash
    It's a shame that Oden couldn't become one of those guys, they really are once in a decade players and we haven't had one now since shaq. If Drummond can become skilled enough he can be one, its amazing he slipped in the draft. Maybe Jahlil Okafor, he's still 17 and he's 6'11 260, if he lives up to the hype he can be bigtime.

vCash

Exactly. Same goes for guards. If you're athletic, skilled, quick then youll be a top 10 player. SMH nothing profound here.

Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    yeah no kidding.... you're huge, with elite athleticism and then you're also extremely skilled at basketball... go figure this often leads to being a good basketball player... what are you saying/asking/doing with this thread?
    This

vCash
    How can OP have a thread talking about how dominant athletic, skilled 7-footers are and then completely leave out the most athletic, skilled 7-footer in the history of the NBA? Hakeem is the very epitome of this. Hell, the guy didn't even pick up the game of basketball until he was 17. A year later, he was flown to the states and was quickly a collegiate star for Houston, and four years later the guy was one of the best players in the NBA.

vCash
    Did...did the OP just mention David Robinson without mentioning the player that owned him several times (Hakeem) during their time?

WTF OP?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast