at

TV: CSNW, FSAZ

Wed, Nov 27 9:00 PM EST

vCash
    blazers aren't playing well at all... no effort

vCash
    effort starting to show up.

vCash
    Aldridge being aggressive. Blazers down a lot but if they start showing up this could be close by the end.

vCash
    Now we see the Blazers meddle! The streak had to end sometime and I'm not mad it happen to the Suns. Please don't let us face them in the playoffs!!!!!!

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and chat at you Sunday. The Lakers just got a target on them because this team is going to want to bounce back for sure. I hope we are that type of team that when we lose the next team suffers for it.

Go Blazers!!! That was a great November and I enjoyed the ride!
    So Say We All!!!

vCash
    Got a few questions after this loss. I wasn't able to watch the game or catch it on the radio. I'm curious was Mathews hurt or sick or something just wondering why he didn't shoot more often. Was the Sun's defense that strong or were we just not into this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Got a few questions after this loss. I wasn't able to watch the game or catch it on the radio. I'm curious was Mathews hurt or sick or something just wondering why he didn't shoot more often. Was the Sun's defense that strong or were we just not into this game.
    I started watching in the 2nd quarter. Apparently we did well in the 1st. But for as long as I watched we were playing with some of the least hustle I've seen all year. Players would watch the ball on rebounds instead of getting it and then a Phoenix player would run in and grab it.

I don't know about Matthews, I thought it was impressive that we were still in striking distance for most of the game with how well we were letting Phoenix play, and how little we were doing to stop it.

The main things I noticed were that Dragic played like Steve Nash and sprinted the ball up court consistently with aggressive penetration as far up as he could get, then ran back out and that for whatever reason perplexed our defense. Noone got back very well to stop his sprinting, and noone really kept up with the rotations well from his penetration. So someone on phoenix either had an open look or got fouled. Then to add to that they were hitting their shots. So from that our guys started looking defeated fast. Then the defense got a little better at some points, but phoenix kept hitting the contested deep 2s we like to have the opponents shoot. They also kept hitting their 3s. Aldridge showed some leadership and was aggressive trying to get us back in it, but the defense just wasn't there enough to get stops.

All in all they just out hustled us. Like Kao said, I hope we use this as motivation to play hard next game, and get better. The effort we show will be a sign of the type of team we have this year.