Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Kings recall Ray McCallum from Reno

He averaged 22 Points 5 Boards and 3.7 assists in 38 minutes

The bigger question is, does this mean Isaiah Thomas, Thornton, or Jimmer is gone? Or are we benching Jimmer and Thornton?

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Sactown; 11-27-2013 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    One could assume that another trade is in the works, but it could be that Malone feels like being with the team is more beneficial for him. I'm hoping he gets some run soon. He's the Kings best option defensively at PG (which has been a huge concern all year).

SACRAMENTO, CA ---- The Sacramento Kings have recalled rookie guard Ray McCallum from the team’s NBA Development League affiliate, the Reno Bighorns, it was announced today by General Manager Pete D’Alessandro.

Assigned to the Bighorns on November 21, McCallum averaged a team-high 22.0 points (.455 FG%, .308 3pt%, .667 FT%), 5.0 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 1.33 steals and a team-high 38.0 minutes per game in three contests. McCallum led the Bighorns in scoring in all three games he played in, scoring at least 16 points in each contest. In his first professional game, he tallied 28 points (12-19 FG, 3-4 3pt, 1-3 FT), a team-high seven rebounds, three assists and one steal in 41 minutes at Sioux Falls on November 22.

vCash
    Hopefully they are sending Jimmer down or trading Thornton or Jimmer.

Ray Mac should be with the team, he has the upside not these other guys. Plus he is the new era's guy, they want him or they wouldn't have drafted him. They don't want these other guys so we will see what happens.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Hopefully they are sending Jimmer down or trading Thornton or Jimmer.

Ray Mac should be with the team, he has the upside not these other guys. Plus he is the new era's guy, they want him or they wouldn't have drafted him. They don't want these other guys so we will see what happens.
    You can only send rookies or 2nd season players to the D League so Jimmer is not eligible to be sent to the D League.

vCash
    I think after the Clippers game Malone came to the decision that IT, VAZ, and Jimmer cannot guard the quicker PG's in the league, Malone had to put Luc on Paul and now LUC is gone. I would not be surprised with the Kings playing the Clippers friday night that Malone activates Ray with the option of giving him a try to defend Paul. If that works out the next 2 games are against Curry and Westbrook.

vCash
    Is it just me or do we miss Toney Douglas a little.

vCash
    We do but having him wouldn't change really anything...

vCash

Kings recall Ray McCallum from Reno

He wouldn't get any PT. Malone actually has a rotation. We have a backup PG in IT, so where would he get minuets?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Is it just me or do we miss Toney Douglas a little.
    I don't miss Tony Douglas at all. He could play defense, but that's about it. It was only a matter of time before he went back to his ol' New York ways. As fast as Thomas is, he should be as pesky as Douglas regardless of size. Since he's not, we have Ray McCallum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    He wouldn't get any PT. Malone actually has a rotation. We have a backup PG in IT, so where would he get minuets?
    Last Friday none of the guards could guard Chris Paul and Malone put Luc on Paul. Now Luc is gone. I would imagine that Malone did not call Mccallum up to have him be a DNP, that makes no sense to me. I would expect to see Ray get his NBA debut Friday night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Last Friday none of the guards could guard Chris Paul and Malone put Luc on Paul. Now Luc is gone. I would imagine that Malone did not call Mccallum up to have him be a DNP, that makes no sense to me. I would expect to see Ray get his NBA debut Friday night.
    That's a tough draw for your first NBA action. There aren't many All*Stars that can alter what CP3 does, and McCallum, a rookie, might get that call. It goes to show you how bad our PGs are defensively. That's no knock on McCallum, because I think he's fundamentally sound on defense.

vCash
    PDA is a mad man!

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    I think there's a trade. I'm talking bout toney Douglas lol not ray. And LRMAM was our starting sf. A little different when you'd have to take Greivis or IT out to put Douglas in

vCash
    Johnathan Sontiago tweeted that the team wants Ray with the Kings for practices and with Reno for the games. This likely means nothing and no trades in the works