Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is it time to blow this team up yet???

Everyone was holding on hopes that this squad would be exciting to watch and all but when I watch this team all I can see and envision is us making it to the playoffs and getting knocked out of the 1st round. I kind of wish moves were made earlier but now with Rose hurt in Chicago it makes it much harder to move Rudy's Contract since there is a better SF out there who isn't ridiculously overpaid for what he brings to the table.

I think the team needs to cut there loses now and trade up Demar and Lowry for some picks and with any luck Rudy Gay will chuck us right into Wiggins and the #1 pick. Then next year we have Lowry on a huge expiring contract and if he doesn't suck by then all the better for us using him as trade bait.

BLOW IT UP MAN!!!

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    i agree...i rarely watch the raps play now but i decided to watch last nights game and LOLOL casey and rudy gay are a cancer to the team i say trade everyone except j val and t ross. There is no point going to the playoffs and getting swept in the first round...

vCash
    Something needs to happen. I don't see a "blow up" going down, but some pieces will be moved around.

vCash
    I actually had not thought of trading Demar and Lowry but not Rudy his contract is an issue everyone knows but I didn't think about getting value out of the others only.. Without DD and Kyle this team is available to be awful (moreso) but that leaves those shots for Ross and Val. .. That might be as big of a blow up as we get this draft is going to be unreal but there's no guarantee of all the top players leaving this year, next year's draft could be just as good and having Gays 19 mil expiring could get us a nice haul while trading the 2 viable pieces could get us decent players this year's draft

vCash
    I would like to see us keep with the current team for now. For me, this season has resulted in quality, entertaining games almost every night. Rudy had a bad game last night. The thing is he looks pretty good and at the end of the day he is going to win us some games this season, a lot of times on his own.

The draft class gives us incentive to tank but Im interested in seeing this through until at least next season, when casey isnt our coach.

That unit to start the 4th last night was ridiculous, Demar spent too much time on the bench for the night he was having.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post
    I would like to see us keep with the current team for now. For me, this season has resulted in quality, entertaining games almost every night. Rudy had a bad game last night. The thing is he looks pretty good and at the end of the day he is going to win us some games this season, a lot of times on his own.

The draft class gives us incentive to tank but Im interested in seeing this through until at least next season, when casey isnt our coach.

That unit to start the 4th last night was ridiculous, Demar spent too much time on the bench for the night he was having.
    What do you find entertaining about the ball "sticking" in the hands of the teams starting 2-3 players and the starting 1 shooting quick threes. I find this years team hard to watch compared the previous years. The ball needs to be passed into the post earlier in the shotclock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post

We are talking about the Raptors right?

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    This has been said a hundred times but we have to wait until the 15th, there's way to many contracts that can't move until then.

vCash
    I'm probably not as big a Masai Ujiri fan as other people, but man, do I hope he's close to finished with his "evaluation of the team." Because I think it's fairly clear which pieces you can move forward with and which ones you can't.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    I'm probably not as big a Masai Ujiri fan as other people, but man, do I hope he's close to finished with his "evaluation of the team." Because I think it's fairly clear which pieces you can move forward with and which ones you can't.
    I think it's obvious you move Rudy but I'd say that's it other than the insignificant guys. I'd think it would be hard to move DeMar right now unless your getting a really nice package, and Lowry is a good PG that is also playing awesome.

And come on Lajoie I have a hard time believing your not a fan of someone.

vCash
    As well as Lowry is playing, I don't see a way how we don't trade him.

A good starting PG who hits the 3 at a good clip, that has a team friendly contract and is an expiring? He'll be able to fetch us a 1st easily.

My problem with Lowry is that he's going to want to get paid this summer and I don't want to be the team that pays him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post

A good starting PG who hits the 3 at a good clip, that has a team friendly contract and is an expiring? He'll be able to fetch us a 1st easily.

My problem with Lowry is that he's going to want to get paid this summer and I don't want to be the team that pays him.
    Not sure if it would be easily but yeah should get something. I'm not against trading him but if MU decided to extend him at a decent rate I'd be happy. He really does everything well enough and excels in some area's.

vCash
    Next games

Miami - home
    Denver - home
    GS - road
    Suns - road
    LA Lakers - road
    San Antonio - home
    Philly - home
    Chicago - road ------> December 14

There is a possibility that a lengthy losing steak leading to December 15 may happen.

A 6-16 record would make it easier for Massai. 3 games on the road against Western Conference teams sandwich by games against Miami/Denver and a home game against SA.

Tough stretch. True test to based the direction of where this team should be going.

vCash

I don't think you get a top pick for Lowry because of the fact there is no security. That pick would probably be heavily protected.

vCash

The time is perfect to trade him. When a player is playing with that much drive and working that hard to improve and you're tempted to keep him but know he's not really the future, trade him. His value is really rising.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast