Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

vCash

Draft Prospects

figured its time since we cant really watch these games anymore with Rg3 getting killed out there.

Needs are ILB, FS, RT, #2 WR, and DL depth....This is assuming we resign hall, orakpo, riley, and Josh wilson

and i know we need upgrades in the middle of the OL, but i know shannahan will be expecting Leribus and Gettis to improve and take a starting spot.

I am not taking into consideration any other possible signings...

WR prospects:
    Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M- will probably be a top10 pick if he declares...a #1 WR, stud..
    Sammy Watkins, WR, Clem- off the field issues might make him slide, but hard to see him making it all the way to is in the 2nd.
    Marqise Lee, WR, USC- In case we move back into the 1st round which would only be about 10 slots up from where we are now. Definitely a stud but will have to adjust to the nfl.
    Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State- if he declares, will be competing to be in the 1st round, but someone is going to drop
    Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt- My personal favorite. never drops passes, big frame, good at tracking the football down.. god knows we need that.
    De'Anthony Thomas*, RB/WR, Oregon- Tavon Austin or Desean Jackson-like playmaker... would be a perfect slot/ KR

Offensive Line:
    Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M:-i dont see him making it out of the top10
    Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan- 1st rounder
    Antonio Richardson*, OT, Tennessee - projected as a 1st rounder now.
    Cameron Erving*, OT, Florida State- big, athletic OT. if he declares, not likely to make it out of the 1st either
    Cyrus Kouandjio*, OT, Alabama- Big, athletic OT. around our range in the 2nd round
    James Hurst, OT, North Carolina - Big, Athletic OT...Played real well against Clowny

ILB:
    C.J. Mosley, OLB, Alabama- projected to go in the Late 1st, early 2nd..kinda hard not to look good on tape playing for Alabama
    A.J. Johnson*, ILB, Tennessee- stud. will be blessed if he made it to us in the 2nd.
    Shayne Skov, ILB/OLB, Stanford- Big, and instinctive. leader of standford D. and did i mention Big...6"3
    Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut- another Big ILB. 6'4 and pretty good.
    [U]Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami[/U]- Big, Fast ILB.
    Eric Kendricks*, ILB/OLB, UCLA- sideline-to-sideline LB.

S:
    Haha Clinton-Dix*, S, Alabama- again, kinda hard not to look good playing for Alabama

lemme know what you think and who you want

vCash
    Need to replace Rambo. Still don't know why they picked him. He got shitted on in college. I would say that's one of our biggest needs. Hopefully Thomas can have an impact next year.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    with us actually having a free agent allowance thisyear i think we will try to do what we did last when we signed garcon and co. fill needed spots through FA and then filter in best available draft pick through positions of need. we can get better at almost any position. as far as the oline goes a RT is obviously a serious need. lewan is built perfectly for RT however i dot see him slipping into the 2nd. i could see him going to the ravens or pats in the late 1st. i do like notre dame current LT. hes athletic and a strong blocker and perfect for a mobile ZBS. dline needs help across the board and obviously a true MLB. im not sure of who is available at MLB position in FA but it MUST be addressed now. i dont want them to reach on a position of need over a better value player but who knows when it comes to draft day what the hell they will do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    Need to replace Rambo. Still don't know why they picked him. He got shitted on in college. I would say that's one of our biggest needs. Hopefully Thomas can have an impact next year.
    Because he was a 6th round pick...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmarine View Post
    with us actually having a free agent allowance thisyear i think we will try to do what we did last when we signed garcon and co. fill needed spots through FA and then filter in best available draft pick through positions of need. we can get better at almost any position. as far as the oline goes a RT is obviously a serious need. lewan is built perfectly for RT however i dot see him slipping into the 2nd. i could see him going to the ravens or pats in the late 1st. i do like notre dame current LT. hes athletic and a strong blocker and perfect for a mobile ZBS. dline needs help across the board and obviously a true MLB. im not sure of who is available at MLB position in FA but it MUST be addressed now. i dont want them to reach on a position of need over a better value player but who knows when it comes to draft day what the hell they will do
    i think the ravens will let Oher walk, as will the pats with brandon spikes...
    neither is going to command top dollar, and both will be huge upgrades over what we have. if we dont break the bank to keep orakpo, riley, hall, and wilson, we should definitely consider adding one, if not both of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    i think the ravens will let Oher walk, as will the pats with brandon spikes...
    neither is going to command top dollar, and both will be huge upgrades over what we have. if we dont break the bank to keep orakpo, riley, hall, and wilson, we should definitely consider adding one, if not both of them
    If we break the bank to keep wilson, I will kick a nearby small child or animal.

vCash
    I think we should keep riley, orakpo and hall. I think wilson can go with amerson playing well and find a different corner to play the slot. Lately wilson has been getting abused by other receivers.

vCash
    i would not keep Wilson either.

vCash
    wilson hasnt been good and if we were to sign anyone it should be hall at corner. he has that confidence that you need to play corner and can still play the ball. linebacker will have to be addressed and i do think we will resign orakpo. i just hope he doesnt ask for something unreasonable

vCash
    oline can find iterior studs in the early middle rounds usually, tackle will probably be addressed in FA. would like to see what oher asks for. hes a good right tackle with LT experience should williams get injured. safety is a major concern and wouldnt mind opening the pocketbook for a FA there. whe healthy i like our dline but injuries happen and we need some help for sure. i like our offense with some oline help. maybe look for a 2 reciever but i dont fid it to be a priority

vCash
    Wouldnt mind signing Boldin as a stop-gap #2 receiver.

Blocks well, takes hits well, great hands.

Sign Boldin for a year until 2015 when we have a first round pick and can find a stud at the position.

Like irish marine said, skins should be able to find a top level guard or right tackle in the second round. Linebacker, D lineman, corners, and o lineman for the rest of the draft, depending on whos available.

safety should be addressed in FA in my opinion (our D cant afford growing pains that come with a young FS).

vCash
    so depressing....such and such is good....be he won't fall to 2nd round etc.....will be nice when we finally get a 1st rounder again. i sure hope we never give up 1st rounders again if we're gonna be the what....2nd or 3rd worst team in the league? makes this time of year suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajito64 View Post
    i would not keep Wilson either.
    The idea behind bringing wilson back is that he will be the 3rd CB. Amerson will surely man one of the outside CB positions.
    for 2-3 mill a year i would Love to have wilson back...you need 3 really good corners to be a good secoundary in the nfl like the seahawks with browner, thumond, and sherman... we will be hard pressed to find a better #3 CB than Josh wilson...
    and IDK where all this wilson-bashing is coming from because he is not the problem on D... he hold his own and more..

we need to realize that the defense is undercoached all together and Fletch is the biggest liablity

vCash
    Wilson gets bullied out there, its embarassing. Pay me 100k a year and I could go out there and play like him.

vCash
    He had a really bad game against the niners, and that is fresh in everyone's mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast