Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are the Carolina Panthers a threat to win the Super Bowl?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good chance

10 23.26%
  • Fair chance

21 48.84%
  • Slim to none chances

12 27.91%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    whether you guys like it or not...if carolina beats new orleans next week, they are easily the second biggest threat in the nfc to win the superbowl behind seattle

vCash
    YES!

Although I wish Panthers would appreciate Rivera, like Tolbert is just on loan and the Chargers will need their DC back... soon as possible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigChief View Post
    whether you guys like it or not...if carolina beats new orleans next week, they are easily the second biggest threat in the nfc to win the superbowl behind seattle
    Not. At. All.

vCash
    They will lose first round of the playoffs to the detroit lions

vCash
    I think they are a Super Bowl contender.

Cam Newton is really ****ing good, they have a damn good running game, and their defense is ELITE.

I don't think they will win it this year, but they are going to cause some problems for teams in the playoffs.

vCash
    I just don't see it.

Carolina's opponents are a combined 97-98-1. I need to see more.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I just don't see it.

You don't see much of anything through those Foles colored glasses you're wearing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribou Lou:27628418
    I just don't see it.

You don't see much of anything through those Foles colored glasses you're wearing.
    They can prove it to the world Sunday and locking the division up.

Who is that in your sig?

vCash
    Not. At. All.
    Why? They're pretty much even in defense with SEA, but I'll say at worst, they'll have the second best defense in the NFC playoffs. Their offense isn't great, but certainly isn't terrible; Saints, Seahawks, and Eagles are arguably better, but Carolina could make a case as well. This is also under the assumption that we're the #2 seed, so Saints offense doesn't sound as scary on the road. Nobody is afraid of the Saints on the road, nobody is afraid of anyone from the NFC North or East, nobody is afraid of ARZ on the road (though they'll likely miss out anyway). Everyone is scared of SEA at home, and the 49ers are good, but no better than us (and we've already beat them in SF). HFA + great defense + solid offense = pretty scary team, and I'd argue 2nd scariest team behind the Seahawks if we get HFA.

Quote Originally Posted by PSDUSER2018 View Post
    They will lose first round of the playoffs to the detroit lions
    Lol, the Lions look like they won't even be in it. And if they can't put up more than 16 on the Ravens defense at home, how are they going to put up more than that against our defense in Carolina?

I just don't see it.

And Carolina's record is 10-4. What's the point? They've beaten two of the best teams in the league, went pretty close with the best team in the league, and will have an opportunity to beat another one of the best teams in the league this week. They also destroyed the weaker teams they've played. Two losses have come against two potential playoff teams who are good at home (ARZ/NO), one against the #1 seed (SEA). They blew one against BUF in week 2, but CAR is hardly the same team since then.

Feel free to continue the bias you've had for whatever reason, but whatever dude. Never really met a non-divisional foe who was so against Carolina.
    Last edited by manbearchef; 12-17-2013 at 01:14 AM.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Calm down. The question raised is are the panthers a SB contender. I say no. I think there are 3 NFC teams better. (Seattle, NO, SF, and maybe Chi/GB/Phi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribou Lou View Post
    Ok.

vCash
    Calm down. The question raised is are the panthers a SB contender. I say no. I think there are 3 NFC teams better. (Seattle, NO, SF, and maybe Chi/GB/Phi.
    I was referring to your comment ("Not. At. All.") that Carolina wouldn't be the most dangerous (behind SEA) in the NFC if they had HFA. SEA, yes. NO on the road? I don't think so. We've already beaten SF in SF, so HFA just gives us more of an edge. CHI/GB/PHI aren't even close, even without Carolina having HFA. Subjectively speaking, #1/#2 defense + HFA + above-average offense = dangerous; couple that with NO on the road and it gets even easier to assume they're the most dangerous behind SEA.

I've already said that I don't think this is a SB winning year (we're missing 3 or 4 pieces), but if NO doesn't have HFA, we're easily in a better position to go than DET/CHI/GB/PHI/DAL, and IMO in better position than SF on the road (they'll have to play SEA in round 2 if they win the WC round).

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I was referring to your comment ("Not. At. All.") that Carolina wouldn't be the most dangerous (behind SEA) in the NFC if they had HFA. SEA, yes. NO on the road? I don't think so. We've already beaten SF in SF, so HFA just gives us more of an edge. CHI/GB/PHI aren't even close, even without Carolina having HFA. Subjectively speaking, #1/#2 defense + HFA + above-average offense = dangerous; couple that with NO on the road and it gets even easier to assume they're the most dangerous behind SEA.

I've already said that I don't think this is a SB winning year (we're missing 3 or 4 pieces), but if NO doesn't have HFA, we're easily in a better position to go than DET/CHI/GB/PHI/DAL, and IMO in better position than SF on the road (they'll have to play SEA in round 2 if they win the WC round).
    Agree to disagree.

vCash
    I just don't see it.

Come on man how much do you need to see of teams to make an evaluation. It's week 16.

vCash
    Also it's ridiculous to say "records don't tell the whole story" (like you said in a different thread) then post the record of the teams someones face to why you don't trust them... It sounds to me records only matter when they fit the point you're trying to make man.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast