Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Quarter of the Year Awards

List your winner and two other nominations in order. Under that, put your predictions for who wins it at the end of the year.

Hart

Norris

Vezina

Jack Adams

Calder

Selke

Best Team

vCash
    Hart
    Steen, Crosby, Zetterberg

Crosby (with OV and Toews nominated)

Norris
    OEL, Keith, Pieterangelo

Keith
    Vezina

Raask, Price, Bishop

Raask (Bernier replaces Bishop)

Jack Adams

Roy, Cooper, McClellan

McClellan
    Calder

Hertl, Krug, Jones

Jones

Selke
    Bergeron, Backes, Toews

Toews

Best Team

Blackhawks, Avs, Sharks

Blackhawks (Bruins & Kings)

vCash
    Hart - *Crosby* / Getzlaf / Ovechkin
    EOY - Crosby

Norris - *Pieterangelo* / Chara / Keith
    EOY - Keith

Vezina - *Rask* / Harding / Price
    EOY - Rask

Jack Adams - *Roy* / Cooper / Yeo
    EOY - Roy

Calder - *Monahan* / Krug / Hertl
    EOY - Krug

Selke - *Bergeron* / Toews / Datsyuk
    EOY - Towes

Best Team - *Chicago* / St. Louis / Anaheim
    EOY - St. Louis

Which is more Epic?
    A) Chara vs. Smith
    or
    B) Quincey's Reaction

vCash
    Hart
    Steen
    Crosby
    Getzlaf

Crosby

Vezina
    Rask
    Harding
    Price

Rask

Norris
    Karlsson
    Subban
    Keith/Suter

Karlsson

Calder
    Hertl
    DeKeyser
    Jones

Hertl

Jack Adams
    Roy
    McClean
    Cooper

Hitchcock

Selke
    Datsyuk
    Bergeron
    Toews

Bergeron

Best Team
    St. Louis
    Chicago
    Anaheim

Anaheim

vCash
    DeKeyser has been better than Krug, and Jones. He just dislocated his shoulder, but he was playing at a higher level than those two guys and all rookies to be honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    DeKeyser has been better than Krug, and Jones. He just dislocated his shoulder, but he was playing at a higher level than those two guys and all rookies to be honest.
    It's subjective. I mean you watch DeKeyser more then I, just like I'm sure I watch Krug more then you. Looking at the numbers (like it seems most voters do).

Krug - 7G / 8A / +6 / 3 PP / 1 GWG / 13.5 S% / 17:33 TOI
    DeKeyser - 2G / 7A / +5 / 1 PP / 0 GWG / 7.4 S% / 20:51 TOI

Obviously there are a lot of things you can look at. From the B's standpoint, I could argue that he's been our best and most consistent defensemen this year. If the award was for defense, then Krug isn't in the discussion. Being that it's ROY, the criteria is based more on production.

Which is more Epic?
    A) Chara vs. Smith
    or
    B) Quincey's Reaction

vCash
    I'm going to be honest when I say this.. I don't think it's close.

Boston puts up 2.79 goals forward per game while Detroit puts up 2.52. Boston also allows 1.83 goals per game while Detroit, 2.64.

Danny DeKeyser's average ice time is actually down too because his last game he left after the second shift with a dislocated shoulder. DeKeyser is around 22 minutes per game, and played 12 games as the #2 defenseman in Detroit.

DeKeyser averages 2:40 SH TOI a game (keep in mind the numbers are lower with him leaving early)
    DeKeyser averages :36 PP TOI a game (was promoted to second unit a bit before injury)

Krug averages :15 SH TOI a game
    Krug averages 2:15 PP TOI a game

Boston has an elite experienced system where Detroit does not. Let's factor that in.

Danny DeKeyser has 9 points in 21 games (.45 PPG)
    Torey Krug has 15 points in 24 games (.63)

DeKeyser is the superior skater. He's playing a bigger role. He's been Mr. Consistent as well. He's great defensively and good offensively while Krug is super raw defensively. Let's also factor in that Krug is averaging over 4 less minutes a night. That's a big number.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I'm going to be honest when I say this.. I don't think it's close.

Boston puts up 2.79 goals forward per game while Detroit puts up 2.52. Boston also allows 1.83 goals per game while Detroit, 2.64.

Danny DeKeyser's average ice time is actually down too because his last game he left after the second shift with a dislocated shoulder. DeKeyser is around 22 minutes per game, and played 12 games as the #2 defenseman in Detroit.

DeKeyser averages 2:40 SH TOI a game (keep in mind the numbers are lower with him leaving early)
    DeKeyser averages :36 PP TOI a game (was promoted to second unit a bit before injury)

Krug averages :15 SH TOI a game
    Krug averages 2:15 PP TOI a game

Boston has an elite experienced system where Detroit does not. Let's factor that in.

Danny DeKeyser has 9 points in 21 games (.45 PPG)
    Torey Krug has 15 points in 24 games (.63)

DeKeyser is the superior skater. He's playing a bigger role. He's been Mr. Consistent as well. He's great defensively and good offensively while Krug is super raw defensively. Let's also factor in that Krug is averaging over 4 less minutes a night. That's a big number.
    So Krug get penalized because he plays on a good team and can be slowly worked in? You bring up all these defensive stats for ROY, but how often is defense considered for this award? I said in my post that if this was a defensive award that Krug wouldn't be in the discussion, but it's not. It's kind of hard to ignore that a Rookie D-man is tied for the league lead in goals (among d-men). He's also 1 point outside the top 10 among d-men.

Which is more Epic?
    A) Chara vs. Smith
    or
    B) Quincey's Reaction

vCash
    Hart
    Ovechkin, Zetterberg, Neal
    Crosby
    Sleeper: Thornton

Norris
    OEL, Keith, Pietrangelo
    Pietrangelo
    Sleeper: Subban repeat

Vezina
    Rask, Price, Mason
    Mason
    Sleeper: Harding

Jack Adams
    Roy, Hitchcock, McClean
    Roy
    Sleeper: Berube

Calder
    Hertl, DeKeyser, Krug
    Hertl
    Sleeper: Jones

Selke
    Toews, Datsyuk, Bergeron
    Toews
    Sleeper: Couturier

Best Team
    Blues, Blackhawks, Bruins
    Blues
    Sleeper: Penguins

Sleeper picks aren't necessarily winners, just people that have a chance of being nominated. I don't really have anything too outlandish other then Couts being a possible Selke candidate. I mean in all honesty with the company of Dats, Toews, Bergeron...not much of a chance. I will say that to this point he is leading the league in some ridiculous analytic statistic. Something like Defensive Zone Starts and Quality of Competition with Shot Differential being positive with a plus rating. I don't know, but it's something weird to do with Corsi Rel QoC blah blah blah. He's leading the elite of elite in that stat though, haha.

Oh and the whole Mason thing. He is literally the only reason the Flyers won any games for the first two months of this season. He has been by far our most valuable player and if this team makes the playoffs it will be because he kept us in games and played stellar. Not saying he's been the best goaltender, but it seems during voting these guys take stuff like that into account (see: Sergei Bobrovsky). Harding could very well take it as well. I think Rask gets snubbed yet again, even though he honestly deserves it. He should have won last year. He should win this year. He probably won't because he plays for the Bruins. It's unfortunate.
    Last edited by FlyGuys89; 11-27-2013 at 02:26 PM.

G H O S T B E A R

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    So Krug get penalized because he plays on a good team and can be slowly worked in? You bring up all these defensive stats for ROY, but how often is defense considered for this award? I said in my post that if this was a defensive award that Krug wouldn't be in the discussion, but it's not. It's kind of hard to ignore that a Rookie D-man is tied for the league lead in goals (among d-men). He's also 1 point outside the top 10 among d-men.
    Right. But this is "our" picks. You're telling me that you don't factor in defense? Krug's fault he's brought up slow? Uh, what? DeKeyser was stuck behind these guys and stole minutes. You do realize that kids don't get minutes in Detroit, right? Dougie Hamilton is around 20 minutes so he didn't have a big problem getting minutes and he worked his way up.

The fact is, DeKeyser is logging 4 more minutes. He's putting up big points and is on a team that scores less. I can see Krug getting more love right now than DeKeyser for sure, especially tat the end of the year where DeKeyser only plays in 60 games. I'm going to ask you this.

Who's the better player right now? Who do "you" think is better? If we gave our an award for a quarter season, who would "you" nominate? Your picks are above. And I'm telling you why you are wrong.

vCash
    Alex Pietrangelo.. I actually looked at a St. Louis Blues forum for defenseman related stuff and I remember many thought that Jay Bouwmeester has had a stronger season thus far than him. Just a neat point.

vCash
    The guy on pace for 73+ goals gets no midseason consideration from some of you. Seriously I understand some of you don't like him but give me a ****ing break.
    "whoever started is a retarded" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    The guy on pace for 73+ goals gets no midseason consideration from some of you. Seriously I understand some of you don't like him but give me a ****ing break.
    Ovechkin?

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Hart
    Ovechkin, Steen, Crosby

Crosby

Norris
    Karlsson, Suter, Subban

Suter

Vezina
    Rask, Price, Varlamov

Rask