Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Atlanta Hawks at Houston Rockets

I realize I'm posting this a day early, but we haven't had nearly enough game threads the last couple of weeks, and we need places to discuss the day-to-day goings on of the team and outcomes of games. This game should be a win on paper. They're playing an inferior (albeit very good) Hawks team at home 24 days after Atlanta hosts Orlando tonight.

The question will be whether or not Harden plays. But it's worth noting that the Rockets just beat two solid basketball teams in a row without James on the roster. I didn't get to catch any of the Memphis game, but I saw a good chunk of the Minnesota game, and I thought they looked damn good. Brooks especially really came to play in that game, but he reverted back to his unreliable ways against Memphis.

Parsons, Lin and Dwight continue to play well, and Casspi had a much-needed breakout game last night with 16 points on only 6 shots. But Jones continues to play well and has been such a huge surprise the last couple of weeks. He's scored in double digits now in five straight games with at least five rebounds in 7 of the last 8 games and at least 2 blocks in six of his last eight.

I'm hoping Harden will play tomorrow night, but if he doesn't, this team has the talent to win regardless. They need to keep winning to keep pace with the teams at the top of the
    Western Conference, but I'd be okay with them resting Harden until the San Antonio game on Saturday.

vCash
    Hawks played tonight in Atlanta, so it's a pretty advantageous game for the Rockets regardless of Harden playing or not.

I do hope for the team's sake last couple game would at least get to them that nothing but Harden iso for the last quarter is not a great idea.

vCash
    Well, Harden should not play unless he is 100% healthy, I loved they hold him out the last couple of games, you could see something was bothering him. And as you both said, the Rockets can win with or without him because other players stepped up when he was out.

It's interesting, the Rockets do move the ball better when Harden is out, because they kind of have to, they can't depend on someone to play iso like Harden. I just can't understand why they don't do that when Harden is playing, on theory it would work a lot better with someone drawing so much attention as Harden does.

I'm really excited about Jones, he has been unbelievable as a starter. But I've got to say, even though it simply didn't work, I wish we could see McHale trying Howard and Asik together a little more at some moments of the game. I don't like when he simply abandonned the big lineup. I think it would work against some teams in some situations.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Harden's out, but the Rockets still have had a decent start so far in the first thanks to Terrence Jones. He's got 6 of their first 11 points and is doing everything. The more I watch this kid, the more I'm falling in love with his game.

Edit: And then he hits a 3-pointer. 4-4 to start the game with 9 of their first 14 points. Disgusting.

vCash
    Harden don't play but what a start by Jones, like that. And the Hawks turning the ball over like usually we do...

vCash
    Great start, but the Rockets defense has been really mediocre with Howard off the floor and Asik replacing him. Also, the Rockets are getting lucky offensively right now with Brooks and Garcia hitting tough shots. McHale made a smart call there to call a timeout and get some of the starters back in their to get things back on track.

vCash
    ATL came back with the Rockets cooling off on offense, but the overcame that right now it looks better again. What a pass by Parsons to Jones :-)

vCash
    I hated to see them give up that little layup at the end of the half, but still a great first half by Houston. If it wasn't for some poor perimeter defense on some open 3-pointers, I'd say it was damn near perfect. If they can fix some of those things defensively and keep up the offensive intensity, this should definitely be a win.

vCash
    I agree, Howard with foul trouble and getting again only few passes, but Parsons and Jones doing it for Houston tonight. Don't like that ATL is coming back again right now

vCash
    Thank goodness for Brooks and Garcia tonight. The rest of the Rockets offense has been totally mediocre in the second half. They've kept the Rockets in the game hitting bit shot after big shot.

vCash
    Huge, huge win tonight. This was a tough one to start without Harden against a pretty darn good Atlanta team, and losing Lin in the first quarter could have been a death sentence. But the bench stepped up in a big, big way, they had great ball movement tonight which led to a lot of good 3-point looks and their defense gave Millsap and Horford problems all night long.

To win this by 20+ without their two best offensive creators was amazing. I'm really happy with where this team is at right now considering how down we were a couple of weeks ago.

vCash
    The Rockets blow out the Hawks by 29 points, Howard could rest again in the fourth quarter because of Garcia and Brooks did it all, great play by that two guys. I am very happy this team is playing right now, even if there are always some small things that have to get better. But they played without Harden and Lin, and Howard played only 26mins. Great Game

vCash
    What happened to Lin? saw he only played 4 min, did he get injured?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    What happened to Lin? saw he only played 4 min, did he get injured?
    Yeah. He suffered a bruised knee early in the first quarter. I don't think it's anything serious from what Houston media have been saying on media tonight, but I'm sure we'll get more of an update on it tomorrow. Hopefully he or Harden will be healthy for Friday's game against Brooklyn.

vCash
    Well It's Brooklyn, we probably should just call up the entire Vipers team and they probably beat them at this point.

It's interesting how with Harden out suddenly the rotation (Both on the court and coaching wise) becomes really sharp, I'm not entirely laying this on Harden but at some point it does feel like either he's dragging the team away from what it's doing or the coach is catering or a little mix of both, hopefully they get that correctted, honestly, if we play with this sort of effort and smart on both end with our full lineup consistently, we should never lose to anyone not named MIA/IND/OKC/SAS and even those 4 we should pull out quite a few of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast