Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NHL and Roger's announce 12 year deal

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=437549

TORONTO - The National Hockey League has reached a 12-year, $5.2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the league's broadcast and multimedia rights.

As part of the deal, Rogers says the CBC will continue to broadcast its iconic Hockey Night in Canada broadcast and that the TVA network in Quebec has all of the Canadian French-language multimedia rights.

The league says the deal gives Rogers national rights to all NHL games, including the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Stanley Cup Final, on all of its platforms in all languages.

In addition, the NHL says the agreement guarantees that there will be no further regionalization of games or local blackouts.

The NHL says the partnership, which is subject to approval by the NHL Board of Governors, will begin with the 2014-15 season and run through the 2025-26 season.

The Board of Governors will next meet Dec. 9-10 in Pebble Beach, Calif.

The league said in a statement that the agreement is the largest media rights deal in its history and one of the largest media rights deals ever in Canada, including the largest-ever sports-media rights agreement.
    So does this mean TSN doesn't host games anymore? I mean if we have to tune into Sportsnet to watch hockey they better hire some talent to replace the mediocre panels, staff, color commentators, production, pretty much everything since they are the junior B team compared to TSN.

vCash
    Yes. This means no more NHL games on TSN starting next season.

Couldn't agree more in terms of the talent on TSN compared to Sportsnet. The analysts on sportsnet are absolutely brutal!
    Proud Member of the Black Hole

vCash
    This is the beginning of the end for CBC's hockey night in canada. They will be using HNIC cross brand now so as years go by we're just gonna see it morph into Sportsnet Hockey Night and the worlds greatest broadcast for hockey will be gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinn View Post

Couldn't agree more in terms of the talent on TSN compared to Sportsnet. The analysts on sportsnet are absolutely brutal!
    Can Potvin be the first to go he is probably the worst announcer ever in the history of broadcasting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinn View Post

I don't believe that is totally correct but i could be wrong. TSN has rights to the Jets games beyond next year i believe and since Bell owns half of Toronto I am sure TSN will be carrying Leafs games in some way.

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    As an American hockey fan, where the games are televised in the great white north matters not. What does matter is how much this will effect the cap and how much money the blackhawks will have to spend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Can Potvin be the first to go he is probably the worst announcer ever in the history of broadcasting.
    Nick Kypreos needs to take a hike in my opinion. He exemplifies the mediocracy of Sportsnet broadcasting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    As an American hockey fan, where the games are televised in the great white north matters not. What does matter is how much this will effect the cap and how much money the blackhawks will have to spend.
    Do us all a favor? Don't mention the Blackhawks in every single post that has nothing to do with them. Nobody gives a ****.

Yes, this means TSN won't have games, and if they do, very few. TSN is far superior with the analysts. Sportsnet is absolute ****. I had them at 3 for my personal preferences behind The Score. Sportsnet has the chance to become the #1 in Canada, which is shocking. They've got all of the UFC events, and of course, now have more NHL games. The analysts absolutely blow though. This is horrible for Canadian hockey fans. Sportsnet just seems to make up rumors. Post games are awful. I just can't watch them. I think they have pro-wrestling on their channel as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    I don't believe that is totally correct but i could be wrong. TSN has rights to the Jets games beyond next year i believe and since Bell owns half of Toronto I am sure TSN will be carrying Leafs games in some way.
    Henderson said TSN would have 10 Leafs games next season under a regional agreement and that, starting in 2015, the network would have 26 regional Leafs games. TSN also has a deal for over 60 regional Jets games through 2021.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/nhl-bro...#ixzz2lnF5f2BR
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    Tsn start broadcasting the khl?
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    I wouldn't be against TSN picking up some OHL games or something, but I know Sportsnet does quite a bit of that as well. I could care less about the CFL, and the NBA on Sportsnet. I think they also have the NFL and some MLB. I'm just a hockey and MMA guy so Sportsnet will have my view there. TSN will still likely get the ratings in the morning.

Losing Jay and Dan (I could personally care less) and the NHL over a year's span is mighty.

vCash
    Ugh awful. Sportsnet is so ****ing bad

vCash
    So Sportsnet will have all hockey, all baseball, some NBA, wrestling, UFC, some NFL. Talk about grabbing a monopoly on sports in the media. TSN will have CFL? Some NBA, Sunday Night Baseball, some NFL an... curling? lol.

vCash
    And TSN will still be superior.. Sportsnet is just garbage. People will watch for their broadcasting events like the games and such, but afterwards, it's back to TSN. I found TSN to become annoying with them over doing Jay and Dan but that's the superior network regardless. Sportsnet has all the tools up top to become the best in Canada though. Hire Bob McKenzie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    And TSN will still be superior.. Sportsnet is just garbage. People will watch for their broadcasting events like the games and such, but afterwards, it's back to TSN. I found TSN to become annoying with them over doing Jay and Dan but that's the superior network regardless. Sportsnet has all the tools up top to become the best in Canada though. Hire Bob McKenzie.
    and more importantly dont hire pierre mcguire

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast