Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Two injured after woman jumps from deck of the Coliseum

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=9338243

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A 61-year-old Marine vet from Stockton is hospitalized after saving a woman's life as she plunged from the third deck of the Coliseum yesterday. Both were rushed to the hospital.

Last night, investigators combed section 301 of the Coliseum where a young woman jumped 15 minutes after the Raiders game ended. Witnesses said she was up there alone, and intentionally fell despite pleas from a couple dozen people below urging her not to jump. One of them actually tried to catch her.

"Oh she dropped so fast I could hardly believe it. Her knees had hit this gentleman in the chest and knocked him to the concrete and she kind of bounced off and hit the side of her head on the concrete," said Woody Chamble, witness.

The woman and the man who tried to catch her were taken to Highland Hospital. He was said to be conscious before his arrival, having been able to tell investigators his account of what happened. The woman's injuries are said to be far more serious, even critical. Authorities say she would have died immediately had it not been for the man who broke her fall.

"He saved her life quite honestly at his own expense. He got very seriously hurt himself, but he absolutely saved her life," said Alameda County Sheriff's Sgt. JD Nelson.

Falls at stadiums have made headlines recently. Just last week, a Buffalo Bills fan slid down a handrail and fell about 30 feet into the stands below. While in the Bay Area, a teenager was seriously injured when he fell from the third deck of the Coliseum in December. Then in September, a man died from a fall at a pedestrian walkway outside Candlestick Park.

As for this latest incident, investigators don't know what motivated the woman to jump.

shout out to the Marine vet that saved her life.
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    i know it was a tough loss..but damn. come on now.
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Kudos to the man who saved her. You have to wonder what's going through people's minds.
    Nice to see that some people care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Kudos to the man who saved her. You have to wonder what's going through people's minds.
    Nice to see that some people care.
    It's not difficult to figure this one out. She chose to die and end of story.

The reason leading up to this decision is really none of our business, nor was it the mans business who more likely than not, went against the ladies wishes by preventing her desired outcome. Now she will probably live as a vegetable for her remaining years.

I'm a firm believer in staying out of other peoples business. Unless they ask for help.

SB
    Just Win Baby

vCash
    Selfless act, Marine! Semper Fi!
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    i know it was a tough loss..but damn. come on now.
    dammit you made me laugh. I hate you lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sHitllsBells12 View Post
    It's not difficult to figure this one out. She chose to die and end of story.

The reason leading up to this decision is really none of our business, nor was it the mans business who more likely than not, went against the ladies wishes by preventing her desired outcome. Now she will probably live as a vegetable for her remaining years.

I'm a firm believer in staying out of other peoples business. Unless they ask for help.

SB
    You make it someones business when you do it in a public place. A football stadium is hardly the place to do what she did, many children can be permanently traumatized over that selfish decision of hers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    You make it someones business when you do it in a public place. A football stadium is hardly the place to do what she did, many children can be permanently traumatized over that selfish decision of hers.
    EXACTLY...!! If she survives and gets better, she should get socked in her face!
    [

vCash
    hope she spends the remainder of her life in prison

vCash
    Really I wouldnt mind my ashes spread over the raiders home field but im not gonna kill myself there. was the guy really trying to save her or was he at the wrong place at the wrong time. This happens more then what is reported in the city, someone taking there life but accidentally hurting another in the process. If your gonna do it figure out a way of not hurting others in the process.. On a side note was she hott? or not a big loss? Never mind i guess thats shallow. Damn me

vCash
    ^Suicidal acts in public is shallow and illegal. Like Hawaii said she should be spending the remainder of her life in Jail.

vCash
    yea so we can pay for her 3 meals and whatever else she benefits from, screw that give her the death penalty asap...We can all be happy then. Unless she is hott lol. Then some counselling from me might get through to her. She is a fellow Raider fan lol might be worth keeping around. Though maybe she was a Titan fan and her BF just tied her up and the string let loose after awhile and there she blows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove:27490127
    ^Suicidal acts in public is shallow and illegal. Like Hawaii said she should be spending the remainder of her life in Jail.
    Wtf are you talking about and did you stop and think before writting this?

This poor woman gave up enough on life to try to take her own. She has either a mental problem which is likely depression. For all we know she could have severe bipolar or schizophrenia.

I know you have a good heart NY and are not a bad person and please know my response to you or Hawaii is a personal attack. Please think of the many things that this lady might have that played a role in her trying to take her own life. This lady needs a doctor, intreatment therapy, and must know the consequence of her actions and how she hurt someone innocent as well. Prison time would not help in this case and does not merit it.

Also God bless the gentleman that helped break her fall. This poor man was as much of a victim as the lady. A very sad situation all around.

Also I would expect the Coliseum management to use this experience as a learning tool and take all security and safety measures possible to prevent this from happening again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle:27489997
    hope she spends the remainder of her life in prison
    Read my above post.

vCash
    Many posts on here lacking compassion on here. I want to be careful not to call anyone out here and hope that people will be respectful in their response to me. This is why in this post I am not quoting anyone.

There has to be someone that can see my side. Rentz, shred, stork, 510, anyone want to show me there are Raider fans who have compassion for this lady? Please speak up if I am reaching anyone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast