Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mike Woodson thread

How many of you guys still believe in Woodson?I find it hard to imagine that there are still people in this forum believing this team with Woody as our coach can change things..

After 13 games it is obvious that players are not buying into this game plan..IF there is one..
    No offense,no defense,no effort..the team seems coach-less..
    The worst thing seems to be the fact that teams were supposed to be better than us,such us the Bulls,with D Rose out for the season and the also coach-less and aged Nets,are facing huge problems and we just can't take advantage of it..

The bizzare thing is that i believe we have a great opportunity to make a run and become the no 3 in the east..
    I really believe that..with this roster..with NO TRADES..
    BUT NOT WITH THIS COACH!!!!!

I see people talk about how much we miss Chandler,we don't have a good pg,we don't have enough defenders and stuff like that..but let me ask you something..

Has anyone wathced the Phoenix Suns this year?

They were supposed to be the worst team in the west and untill yesterday they were 7-6,loosing 4 of their 6 with 4 pts or less,while at the moment they play with Dragic at the point, the all stars GERALD GREEN AND P.J. TUCKER,and the incredible rim protectors CHANNING FRYE and MILES PLUMLEE!!!!!

And you throwing trade ideas???Really???

OUR ROSTER IS FINE AND GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT THE BOBCATS,THE PISTONS AND LOOSING LESS THAN 30 TO THE SPURS!!!!!

I believe trades and roster changes are not the answer at this point..And please I HOPE we don't panic and trade for Wallace and the Cardasian guy and hurt our 2015 cap space..

We have to thank Woody for last year's wonderful regular season and let him go..this team NEEDS a new coach..

vCash
    I'm not worried about the offense more than I am about the defense. You can win in this league scoring 90-94pts in a game. You just cannot continue to give up 95-100pts continually. The defensive lapses you so often see cost us 2 pts here, 3 pts there...that adds up at the end of the day.

For Woodson, he's stuck with a bunch of whiners who believe they're the answer to our offense but they're our problem to our defense. You will not win in this league giving up 100pts per night. You shouldn't cry about ball movement with 24 assists on 38 made fg's.

vCash

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by KnickVeteran View Post
    I'm not worried about the offense more than I am about the defense. You can win in this league scoring 90-94pts in a game. You just cannot continue to give up 95-100pts continually. The defensive lapses you so often see cost us 2 pts here, 3 pts there...that adds up at the end of the day.

For Woodson, he's stuck with a bunch of whiners who believe they're the answer to our offense but they're our problem to our defense. You will not win in this league giving up 100pts per night. You shouldn't cry about ball movement with 24 assists on 38 made fg's.
    At the end of the day this is a lost season - JR looks like a shell of himself from last year - He cannot be relied upon as a consistent second scorer...management has screwed up a lot this off season - Bargnani for a first round pick?? No big man to back up tyson chandler??

Beno has played very well offensively imo but still not good enough to stay in front of quick PG's

I HATE for someone to lost their job - I sincerely do, I'm an assistant manager and my manager put me in a position to fire one of my employees - BUT Woodson clearly has lost THIS team - unfortunately I really don't think he is gonna right this ship...and we're playing the clippers next?? smh...
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    At the end of the day this is a lost season - JR looks like a shell of himself from last year - He cannot be relied upon as a consistent second scorer...management has screwed up a lot this off season - Bargnani for a first round pick?? No big man to back up tyson chandler??

Beno has played very well offensively imo but still not good enough to stay in front of quick PG's

I HATE for someone to lost their job - I sincerely do, I'm an assistant manager and my manager put me in a position to fire one of my employees - BUT Woodson clearly has lost THIS team - unfortunately I really don't think he is gonna right this ship...and we're playing the clippers next?? smh...

It hurts, but it's the truth

vCash
    The coaching and personnel both stink. Hence, 3-10. The record doesn't lie.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    He needs to give Toure Murry a chance to start.

vCash
    If not Woody then who?

I'm not a fan of Woody as a coach, but who else is out there that can improve this team right now? I don't think there's a coach out there worth having that will walk into this pile of steaming **** this season....

I'm all for firing Woody at the end of the season....but even then....what coach worth having is willing to come here and be a yes man for Dolan?

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    The point is you fire Woodson and appoint an interim coach to see who exactly doesn't fit on this team. Trading players only to realize that Woodson was the problem compounds the mistake.

Interim coach gives you time until the trade window: Jan 15th - trade deadline to evaluate roster. It also gives time for team to turn it around. If we make a trade or wait until Jan 15th, we may be too much in the hole to make the playoffs.

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I like PJ Carlesimo or Lionel Hollins as the most realistic options for the job to turn this season around.

PJ Carlesimo:
    Career Coaching Record: 9 years, 239-315

P.J. Carlesimo was very impressive in his interim stint with the Brooklyn Nets, guiding the team to a 35-19 record after an early-season coaching change.

Carlesimo is incredibly well-respected around the league, and while he lacks the flash or big name of a few other candidates, he's shown very recently that he's able to take the helm and right the ship in a quick amount of time.

It doesn't hurt that Carlesimo feels like one of the more realistic candidates out there, as he doesn't require control in the front office or a big salary like other available coaches will.

If some of the top coaches stay away from the game, Carlesimo should be next in line. He has the experience required for a team in need of a quick fix.

Lionel Hollins

Career Coaching Record: 7 years, 214-201

Lionel Hollins did a great job in Memphis of getting his players to buy into his system, but Hollins' aversion to advanced stats probably didn't win him much favor in front offices across the league.

While Hollins probably won't be getting any jobs for an up-and-coming or rebuilding team, he could take a team that's supposed to contend and get them on the right path.

There isn't a coach with more recent success than Hollins available on the market. Give him a team with proven talent and a front office who takes more of a hands-off approach, and Hollins could be a very good hire.

If he wants back into the NBA, Hollins shouldn't be hard up for opportunities. Keep an eye on some of the projected playoff teams in the Eastern Conference as landing spots.

source
    Last edited by 6deep; 11-26-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post

Actually - maybe I'm the only one here who doesn't mind this. With any kind of plan, Bargs could be averaging close to 20 ppg. He needs work on his defense, but with a team concept and a LOT of work, he can improve and is very willing to do so. Our 1st round picks are not guaranteed - and they would probably be traded within a year or two anyway. Bargs isn't an all star, but he is very serviceable and should be our #2 offensive option. And, like Pau on the Lakers, he is more than capable of making a game winning shot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    I like PJ Carlesimo or Lionel Hollins as the most realistic options for the job to turn this season around.

PJ Carlesimo:
    Career Coaching Record: 9 years, 239-315

P.J. Carlesimo was very impressive in his interim stint with the Brooklyn Nets, guiding the team to a 35-19 record after an early-season coaching change.

Carlesimo is incredibly well-respected around the league, and while he lacks the flash or big name of a few other candidates, he's shown very recently that he's able to take the helm and right the ship in a quick amount of time.

It doesn't hurt that Carlesimo feels like one of the more realistic candidates out there, as he doesn't require control in the front office or a big salary like other available coaches will.

If some of the top coaches stay away from the game, Carlesimo should be next in line. He has the experience required for a team in need of a quick fix.

Lionel Hollins

Career Coaching Record: 7 years, 214-201

Lionel Hollins did a great job in Memphis of getting his players to buy into his system, but Hollins' aversion to advanced stats probably didn't win him much favor in front offices across the league.

While Hollins probably won't be getting any jobs for an up-and-coming or rebuilding team, he could take a team that's supposed to contend and get them on the right path.

There isn't a coach with more recent success than Hollins available on the market. Give him a team with proven talent and a front office who takes more of a hands-off approach, and Hollins could be a very good hire.

If he wants back into the NBA, Hollins shouldn't be hard up for opportunities. Keep an eye on some of the projected playoff teams in the Eastern Conference as landing spots.

source
    We can suggest who the future coach should be. But, the scary thing is that it is bound to be Calipari and I'm not a fan of that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FYL_McVeezy View Post
    If not Woody then who?

I'm not a fan of Woody as a coach, but who else is out there that can improve this team right now? I don't think there's a coach out there worth having that will walk into this pile of steaming **** this season....

I'm all for firing Woody at the end of the season....but even then....what coach worth having is willing to come here and be a yes man for Dolan?
    Dough Collins, George Karl, Jerry Sloan, Nate Mcmillian, Jeff van Gundy, Stan van Gundy

vCash
    I would kick Wooson in the nuts! I'll gladly spend a couple days in the bookings. You could add Felton to that list too.

vCash
    Can we fire this clown now??????

Dear Knicks FO,

when the entire team looks absolutely terrible... it might be a sign.... that the COACH SUCKS!!!

A distraught Fan

vCash
    Can we make this the official fire Woodson thread.

Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast