Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

News/Rumors In-Season Edition

Didn't know if it was thread worthy or whatever, so I made this.

Martin Erat has requested a trade. He is currently under a season deep with the Washington Capitals.

vCash
    Orlov's agent also reporting he wants out as well. We have such good management here in DC.
    "whoever started is a ********" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

vCash
    I've heard Vancouver has inquired about Martin Erat.

vCash
    Bob McKenzie: Habs not saying Pacioretty is available but are listening to offers. Same goes with Winnipeg and Evander Kane. Earliest NHL could expand to 32 teams is the 2015-2016 season. Wings on the verge of extending Jonathan Ericsson.

Pierre LeBrun: Canucks are an interested party in acquiring services of Martin Erat. Erat due to his salary coming down to $2.25 next season will be more easily dealt than Havlat in San Jose. Carolina expected to move Ruutu, Tlusty and Gleason. Gleason should be the first to go. Canes would like to deal Ruutu to Toronto for John-Michael Liles. Olympic roster deadline is staying put. Rinne MRI pushed back a week.

Darren Dreger: Teams are very interested in Calgary's Mikael Backlund. Carolina being directly named. Michael Del Zotto being shopped by the Rangers. Ottawa wants him. Names like Condra, Gryba, Greening being thrown around. Dion Phaneuf wants a 7-8 year deal worth around $7 million per. Nonis expected to counter within a week.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=437611

vCash
    Haha I saw all of those rumors on TSN today. Ruutu for Liles is very interesting. Carolina really needs a puck moving defenseman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    Orlov's agent also reporting he wants out as well. We have such good management here in DC.
    I know you don't wanna give him up but if the Isles need defense and he has a **** ton of potential.

vCash
    I'd love to somehow snag Edler or Hamhuis in a deal with Vancouver.

vCash
    Rick DiPietro asked to be released from the Canes AHL team apparently. Maybe he wants to come back to long Island!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Haha I saw all of those rumors on TSN today. Ruutu for Liles is very interesting. Carolina really needs a puck moving defenseman.
    I'd love this deal as a Leafs fan. I posted last week or so that I think this would be a good deal; Feels good to at least be close to calling one lol

But really, the deal woudl work for both teams. Similar contracts - Ruutu's being a bit more money but shorter. I have always liked Ruutu alot for some reason..... I think he'd be a good fit for the Leafs, especially with the constant injuries we seem to have.

Liles would probably help the Canes even strength and on the PP.

vCash
    I'm seeing rumors about Miller and the Islanders... Can anybody confirm or is hockey buzz just a bunch of idiots again?