Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

David Wright expects changes to the Mets

Code:
    David Wright spoke to Mike Francesa on WFAN on Monday and said he is eager and expects to see his team make additions this winter to be better in 2014.

Well, for me, like most Mets fans, Im pretty impatient, Wright said. Thats just me. Sandy Alderson is probably tired of hearing from me, checking in to see if there is anything I can do. Obviously, for us, the off-season has started out slow.

Wright said hes always willing to talk with potential free-agent signings about life in New York, playing for the Mets, in front of Mets fans and answer any questions they may have about the direction of the franchise.

We can go on and on about the depth of our starting pitching, Wright said. Now its about getting pieces around them to make them even better, to score runs earlier in the game so they dont feel they have to be perfect.

Wright, who talked with Francesa for 10 minutes, also said:

The most proud moment of his career so far is being named captain of the New York Mets.
    Citi Field plays big, but it has not derailed his career, though it has certainly taken away from him a few home runs.
    Last winter, while negotiating a contract extension, he never really considered eventually leaving the Mets as a free agent.
    He wants his legacy to be the leader of a winning team.

vCash
    thought there was more info to this. I seen this earlier and was hoping there was more elaboration.

vCash
    Good luck with that David!

If you demanded a trade tomorrow no-one would blame you, don't waste what's left of your career playing Coupon-ball!

vCash

David Wright expects changes to the Mets

my captain speaks.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    David Wright spoke to Mike Francesa on WFAN on Monday and said he is eager and expects to see his team make additions this winter to be better in 2014.

Well, for me, like most Mets fans, Im pretty impatient, Wright said. Thats just me. Sandy Alderson is probably tired of hearing from me, checking in to see if there is anything I can do. Obviously, for us, the off-season has started out slow.

Wright said hes always willing to talk with potential free-agent signings about life in New York, playing for the Mets, in front of Mets fans and answer any questions they may have about the direction of the franchise.

We can go on and on about the depth of our starting pitching, Wright said. Now its about getting pieces around them to make them even better, to score runs earlier in the game so they dont feel they have to be perfect.

Wright, who talked with Francesa for 10 minutes, also said:

The most proud moment of his career so far is being named captain of the New York Mets.
    Citi Field plays big, but it has not derailed his career, though it has certainly taken away from him a few home runs.
    Last winter, while negotiating a contract extension, he never really considered eventually leaving the Mets as a free agent.
    He wants his legacy to be the leader of a winning team.
    Full Interview http://newyork.cbslocal.com/category...mike-francesa/

Sorry guys, I forgot to rap quote and link.

vCash
    Doesn't sound like David is buying the crap the team is coming out with either...

vCash
    Wright is thinking the same thing we are all thinking.

I truly think he also re-signed with us because he too is a Mets fan at heart.

We need to bring in some Goddamn talent already.

I don't love Nelson Cruz, but we need a bat.

I'm not too fond of Curtis Granderson, but we need some talent.

I didn't care much for Peralta, but we needed a decent SS.

IDC what you think of the names out there... we need to make some damn moves already.

As a fan I am not ok with punting away another season.

We probably won't win much either way, but we simply need to add some talent to this organization to avoid being pathetic.

I mean, its at the point where I think most of us just want this team to sign somebody... anybody.

And I am not talking about Chris Young. Somebody real.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 11-25-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    God bless David's outspokenness.

vCash
    Wright signed a deal with the devil, can't complain now.

vCash
    he said the same **** last yr too

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    DW better have a lot of patience too. While we are diddling our diddle expect our foes in the NL East to make positive moves, specifically the Bravos and Gnats.

My LA Kings Have Won Two In Three Years, When Will My NY Mets Win Their Next One?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Wright expects management to make the team better and speaks sincerely about wanting this team to win.
    The Wilpons build a stadium that hurts Wright's swing.
    Sandy publicly denigrates his outfield then doesn't fix it, and makes jokes about broke the organization is.

Compare and contrast.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52:27484410
    God bless David's outspokenness.
    Pardon?

Nothing he said can remotely be described as "outspokenness"

He is a good soldier in the Alderson Army.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Pardon?

Nothing he said can remotely be described as "outspokenness"

He is a good soldier in the Alderson Army.
    I disagree.

I think this guy really wants to win more than anything else and he is frustrated just like us because he knows we need to improve the talent base on this team.

I think his comments also support this feeling.
    DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Wright signed a deal with the devil, can't complain now.
    I guess his loyalty doesn't count for anything then, huh?

This is something I will never agree with you on.

Wright deserves to have the right to complain just as much as any Mets fan.

He remained loyal to this organization, he remained loyal to us fans.

And what does he get for that? So far its been nothing but a big **** you.

He has been lied to just like us.

And while his life is pretty damn awesome anyway, the truth is still that he is a professional and he plays this game because he wants to win. His prime years are being wasted and he deserves to be able to be frustrated by this. If I were in his shoes, I'd want to win more than anything. That would be my goal as a professional ball player.

The point is that you and some others might say that Wright signed with the devil so he deserves this, but that is grade A bologna in my opinion. He remained loyal to the Mets and his right to be frustrated and or complain about the lack of effort/resources being used by upper management should not be taken away because of that.

Plus, the guy busts his *** every single day on the field. That has to count for something too.

I would understand your point a little better I suppose if he signed from another team.
    DUDA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast