Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is Nick Foles going to be the Eagles starting QB next year?

He is having a record setting November.

Is Foles the Eagles future? Or do they go in another direction?

What's everyone thoughts?

vCash
    Possibly.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    We will see next year. I'm going to worry about the 5 games left this year first.
    First on the schedule is Arizona. Let's see how they do after flying cross country to play in cooler weather against an Eagles team coming off a bye.

vCash
    We simply don't know yet, he has another 5 games to prove that he deserves it.

Long as he doesn't revert back to his Dallas Cowboys game he should be given the reigns next season to see what he can further bring to the table. He's also going to likely have a couple more targets to spread the ball around, such as Ertz becoming the starter next season at TE. Another offseason could really do him wonders, especially with the confidence he's gained so far this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    We simply don't know yet, he has another 5 games to prove that he deserves it.

Long as he doesn't revert back to his Dallas Cowboys game he should be given the reigns next season to see what he can further bring to the table. He's also going to likely have a couple more targets to spread the ball around, such as Ertz becoming the starter next season at TE. Another offseason could really do him wonders, especially with the confidence he's gained so far this season.
    Exactly, Other than the Cowboy game, he thrown I believe 2 TD every single game, I'm counting the WAS game because it was close enough lol. Most importantly NO INT. If you gave me player x and told me he thrown 2 TD for all but one game for the games he started and NO INT, I would feel very confident going with him as a franchise QB. Yea those D might be bad but then again a majority of NFL D are bad. Yes he had a couple of luck breaks with potiental INT, but what QB hasn't. These next 5 games is going to be the most crucial part of his career regardless whether or not he succeeds in the future.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    yeah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillies_Phenom View Post
    He is having a record setting November.

Is Foles the Eagles future? Or do they go in another direction?

What's everyone thoughts?
    lets be real; who have we beaten?
    the upcoming games will tell the story. we face some pretty good defenses after the bye.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    the upcoming games will tell the story. we face some pretty good defenses after the bye.
    Arizona is the last pretty good defense the Eagles have left. They also are a pretty different defense on the road.

After that they have a favorable schedule and should take advantage.

vCash
    its the NFL anyone can beat anyone. for example the Colts have lost 38-8 to the Rams and 40-11 to AZ while Luck played piss poor.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 4 Yards: 97 TD: 1

vCash
    Lol what good defenses besides Arizona? Detroit's secondary is trash, Chicago's run defense is horrendous, Minnesota's defense is just bad period, Dallas is mediocre at best. Do the Eagles faces some good offense's? Yes.

The keys down the stretch will be:

- TO margin. Eagles have been among the best in the NFL...particularly with Foles
    - RZ offense. Eagles were among worst with Vick among best with Foles.
    - RZ and 3rd down defense. Eagles were among worst Early in the yr and among the best lately.

You could say these are keys for any team, but they continue to win these battles and they'll continue to win.

vCash
    Unless something drastic happens over the remainder of the season, I do not see why he wouldn't go in next season as the incumbent starter. Barring injury I really don't see why he wouldn't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    its the NFL anyone can beat anyone. for example the Colts have lost 38-8 to the Rams and 40-11 to AZ while Luck played piss poor.
    I still find luck extremely overrated.

vCash
    Based on the here and now, 100% -- we have to see how the next few weeks play out of course, but barring a run of Cowboy game appearances, they are going to give Nick a shot/chance at being the franchise QB...this being said, we all know that can change very very fast...

I am really interested to see if some of the other QB needy teams take a shot at M Vick as a one year rental this off season...Cleveland, for instance - or Jacksonville to give Bridgewater a year under him...

vCash
    I think he will be the starter next season.He is very poised in the pocket,makes smart decisions most of the time,doesn't throw many ints,runs a very efficient RZ offense,what more could you ask from a starting qb?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I still find luck extremely overrated.
    And you're nuts. The defense is trash, oline mediocre at best, not much of a run game to speak of, and mediocre weapons outside of Reggie Wayne to throw to. It's no coincidence they've struggled since Wayne went out. That team is not even 2 years removed from being the worst in football. Luck is the real deal unlike RG3.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast