As we have the last several years we're going to give YOU the chance to show off all your baseball acumen by building up the Red Sox team that will defend the World Series crown in 2014. The guidelines are pretty simple:

• You MUST send your simulation to me via PM; I will post one per day and delete any that are posted individually.
  • Begin with the salary expectations outlined in this article, except the arbitration eligible players. You'll have to add those in yourself.
  • For FAs, arbitration eligible players, and any team controlled player given a contract other than league minimum you must list the value and years of the contract to which the player is signed.
  • For trades you must list all players included in the trade. Actual names -- no "B/C type prospect" descriptions.
  • Final player payroll must come in under the $189M luxury tax.
  • You may provide any kind of explanation for your moves that you like. From past experience, assume that shorter is better. No one really wants to read a dissertation.

When the sims are posted everyone will have a chance to vote in a poll on your sim. The votes will ask you to rank two things: how reasonable the moves are (could they happen if you didn't have force-trade on in MLB2K) and how strong the resulting team is.

I'll start posting sims the Monday or Tuesday after Thanksgiving (depends on when I get back home).