Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Given the current roster, what changes would you make?

I think Pagano needs to change something with this team... after getting his *** beat twice in the past three weeks. I think it's all his fault this team has been getting off to slow starts, yet he doesn't have a solution for it. So what change would you make fix this team's current problems? Obviously getting Da'Rick involved with the offense is a must. I'd like to see McGlynn move to C permanently or maybe let Khaled Holmes play.

What else?
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I don't even know where to start, because nothing I would change is going to happen this year.

Manusky needs to go. the guy sucked prior to coming here and had no business getting the job in the first place.

Hamilton needs to go. He has no business in the NFL, let alone being around a developing franchise QB.

The entire D line needs to go. they can't stop the run, and they can't rush the passer. Not one of them.

With the possible exception of Mathis the entire LB corp needs to go, and yes that includes Freeman. He, and the restnof them, can't cover anyone to save theier lives , and it's been embarrassing watching teams abuse the underneath passing game the past 3-4 weeks. We aren't going to win another game all year unless Manusky finds a way to cover up this weakness.

I have to stop there. To depressing to go on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I think Pagano needs to change something with this team... after getting his *** beat twice in the past three weeks. I think it's all his fault this team has been getting off to slow starts, yet he doesn't have a solution for it. So what change would you make fix this team's current problems? Obviously getting Da'Rick involved with the offense is a must. I'd like to see McGlynn move to C permanently or maybe let Khaled Holmes play.

What else?
    Frankly I'm beginning to think Pagano is a complete moron. Think about this: the Colts have been struggling in the first half to get into a rhythm and have been falling into huge holes. So this week we win the toss and what does Pagano do? He defers......brilliant! Don't get your offense on the field first chuck and try to get them into a rhythm and make score first, noooooooo.........lets put them right into a hole right off the bat and make them play catch up from the get go. I think Pagano is way over his head as a head coach

vCash
    WR - We need a difference maker on offense. Hilton should be in the slot. DHB is complete garbage. Reggie is old. There are several in this years draft but we don't have a 1st round pick.

OL - Duh. We can't run block for ****. Our pass blocking needs to greatly improved, also.

LB - Other than Mathis, they suck. None of them can cover for ****, we get killed on screen passes. They aren't even that good at stopping the run.

CB - I think Vontae could be a great #2 but can't handle elite WRs.

S - Bethea is horrible this year. He and Landry give up too many big plays. Landry's tackles (when healthy) are impressive but that only goes so far. Too many big plays.

Special teams - Jesus Christ. Can we take a knee at least once? Too many drives inside our own 20.

Coaching staff - I tried to stay on the Pagano bandwagon as long as I could but these slow starts are embarrassing. The offense is terrible. Pep Hamilton sucks.

vCash
    Add me to the list that says a coaching change is in order. Hamilton is in way over his head, Manusky cannot create a scheme to exploit strengths/hide weaknesses and Pagano clearly does not have this team prepared to play each week. Quite frankly, if this debacle continues, I'm afraid that Luck will not finish the season healthy.

As for the personnel:

DL-Redding is showing his age-he's a situational player at best. Franklin is OK, but he's at the end of his career also. RJF is also OK. The backups have not shown anything to warrant their return. Where is Chapman? Why is Montori Hughes always inactive?
    LB-Save for Mathis and Walden of late, the rest should be replaced. Freeman might be savable and Werner can still develop, but the rest should be out of the NFL by next year.
    CB/S- Davis has clearly lost interest in playing. I guess its hard to make an effort when the Defense nearly gives up 100 rushing yards in the first quarter. I think he's savable along with Toler and Butler. Bethea needs to retire. Landry should be OK if he can stay on the field. Howell is a good backup. Cassius Vaughan should be bagging groceries.
    OL-Keep Castanzo, Thomas, Reitz and Cherilus. Thornton can stay, but he needs to be a backup for at least another year. The rest should never step on an NFL field again. How is it that Arizona with Bradley Sowell at Tackle can block better than these clowns? Is the Colts D that anemic that they make a scrub OL look good? Or is it blocking scheme?
    WR-Keep Wayne, TY and Brazil. Send the rest packing.
    RB-The Colts are stuck with TR. With Ballard back and maybe Bradshaw, together with a better OL, the only think the Colts might need is a back with speed.
    TE- Fleener and Allen can stay. Draft another blocking TE in the late rounds.
    QB-Protect the franchise!

All-in-all, I think a better coaching staff can do a lot withn this roster, if the Colts can fix the LBs and OL. Injuries are no exuse for the pathetic effort this team has put forth in the last few games. As I've said before, if Kubiak doesn't have a stroke and AV misses that 50-yarder, the Colts might be 5-6.

vCash
    If we are talking about roster moves this year....I'm looking on the street for WR and interior line help..plus anyone who might have a shot of making an impact on the D or STs. Don't worry about prior minor infractions or injury history (if they can pass a physical)....We just need talent and a desire to win...old/young who cares at this point. Put people on the field who can appreciate play thanks to being away for half this season....

Guys like Devan, Jake Scott, Lilja, Carlisle and even taking a look at kicking the tires on a guy like Jared Gaither should be explored at OL.

I would also throw in WR names like Edwards, Robinson, Aroshadou, Gaffney, Branch, Crayton, Naanee, Terrance Copper, DeVery Henderson, Doucet, Michael Jenkins, Massaquoi all should be looked at to say the least.

Why not go after someone like a Marcus Trufont, Stanford Routt, Asomugha, Justin Tryon, Sheldon Brown...maybe a Ryan Mouton to at least add to the secondary as an option?

There are even options at safety like Kenny Phillips, Atari Bigby, and Kerry Rhodes who at the very least would give an option at that position.

I just think they are going way too conservative in filling holes and almost making no attempt to do such. What is the worst that can happen if they shake up the locker room and roster? We lose by 30 2 of the next 3 weeks again?
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-25-2013 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    If we are talking about roster moves this year....I'm looking on the street for WR and interior line help..plus anyone who might have a shot of making an impact on the D or STs. Don't worry about prior minor infractions or injury history (if they can pass a physical)....We just need talent and a desire to win...old/young who cares at this point. Put people on the field who can appreciate play thanks to being away for half this season....

Guys like Devan, Jake Scott, Lilja, Carlisle and even taking a look at kicking the tires on a guy like Jared Gaither should be explored at OL.

I would also throw in WR names like Edwards, Robinson, Aroshadou, Gaffney, Branch, Crayton, Naanee, Terrance Copper, DeVery Henderson, Doucet, Michael Jenkins, Massaquoi all should be looked at to say the least.

Why not go after someone like a Marcus Trufont, Stanford Routt, Asomugha, Justin Tryon, Sheldon Brown...maybe a Ryan Mouton to at least add to the secondary as an option?

There are even options at safety like Kenny Phillips, Atari Bigby, and Kerry Rhodes who at the very least would give an option at that position.

I just think they are going way too conservative in filling holes and almost making no attempt to do such. What is the worst that can happen if they shake up the locker room and roster? We lose by 30 2 of the next 3 weeks again?
    I would be happy if we looked at Nnamdi. At least work him out. I would be happy if we tried out Kenny Phillips or even Randy Phillips. We all know that Kerry Rhodes has been black-balled out of the league, what a shame.

Also, everyone knows what FA WR I want picked up...don't make me say it

vCash
    Sorry I left it out of my earlier post, but as for this season, I don't think any change of personnel will help without better coaching. The Colts could trade for Adrian Peterson and the entire O-line from the Broncos or Bengals and the running game would still stink the way Pep telegraphs his calls. Remember, coaches like Parcells became great by designing a gameplan that exploited the weaknesses of their opponent. A legendary coach has not been needed to exploit the Colts weaknesses over the past 4 games. The Colts coaching staff has been clearly overmatched and simply does not have this team ready to play.
    If coaching improves, I would be all in favor of putting Reitz in at guard in place of Thornton and Conner at ILB instead of Angerer. Also, Rainey should be used on returns. I'm not sure Da'Rick Rogers will help, but the Colts might be better served with a two-back set leaving both in to block on pass attempts. Since McGlynn hurt his hand/wrist, I don't think it would be smart to move him to center, and I don't think Holmes has shown enough to unseat Satele.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    I would be happy if we looked at Nnamdi. At least work him out. I would be happy if we tried out Kenny Phillips or even Randy Phillips. We all know that Kerry Rhodes has been black-balled out of the league, what a shame.

Also, everyone knows what FA WR I want picked up...don't make me say it
    Deion Branch?
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Guys, I'm talking about immediate changes. Irsay isn't going to fire the coaching staff 12 weeks into the year while we're in 1st place.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Guys, I'm talking about immediate changes. Irsay isn't going to fire the coaching staff 12 weeks into the year while we're in 1st place.
    Exactly! Even if it is warranted who the hell would want to Coach in Indy if that happened at this point of the season?
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Sign Terrell Owens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    Sign Terrell Owens
    At this point bring him in...see if he has anything in the tank. I was against this just 3 weeks ago, but hell even if he lost a step he always has more of a TE body anyway so give him a look there. We should be making desperate low risk reaches like this...I'd even be fine with giving Ocho Johnson a look as well...These aren't make or break players going forward nor would they be anything but an attempt at getting even just a little better.

In my mind I'm remembering Caldwell preaching "Stay the course and things will turn around" approach when I thought we got rid of that thinking with him and Polian. I'm not asking for Pagano's head mid season...I'm asking for Grigson to bring in people the coaching staff can at least attempt to work with rather than staying the course with players they know they can't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    At this point bring him in...see if he has anything in the tank. I was against this just 3 weeks ago, but hell even if he lost a step he always has more of a TE body anyway so give him a look there. We should be making desperate low risk reaches like this...I'd even be fine with giving Ocho Johnson a look as well...These aren't make or break players going forward nor would they be anything but an attempt at getting even just a little better.
    He was never a distraction until year 2. He's still 10x better than DHB. Couldn't hurt down the stretch. I'm finally turning you guys around

vCash
    David Reed is gone! Of course our receivers are now Hilton, DHB, Brazill, and Rogers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast