Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dodgers and Dan Haren have agreed to a one-year, $10MM deal with 2015 Vesting Option

mlbtr

one year $10M contract; Haren gets $10MM guaranteed.

The contract includes a $10MM option for 2015 that vests if Haren throws 180 innings. (Raising potential value to two-years $20MM)

Haren can make up to $3MM in added cash in 2014 based upon games started and innings pitched, beginning at 24 starts and 150 innings pitched. (Raising Potential value to two years $23MM-$26MM)

2015 vesting option also includes significant incentives.
    Last edited by xabial; 11-25-2013 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    Good for him.

vCash
    He pitched well in the 2nd half. This could end up being a good deal for the Dodgers if he pitches close to those numbers.

vCash

vCash
    That sucks.

vCash
    my first thought. Haren should do pretty well with the Dodgers there in LA. my next thought after looking at his basic stats was wow he got pretty damn good money for the numbers he had in 2013. but he did pitch a lot better in the 2nd half, so maybe that's really what he is rather than the 1st half.

I'm not one to know really what is good or not on money issue, but if he can pitch like he did in the 2nd half, that seems like they would be getting him at a good price.

as mlbtraderumors mentions, the Dodgers rotation is overflowing.
    Haren will join a Dodgers rotation picture that includes Clayton Kershaw, Zack Greinke, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Josh Beckett and Chad Billingsley, though Billingsley had Tommy John surgery in April, and Beckett's health is also in question.
    when is Billinglsey due back?

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    I'm surprised he agreed to the Vesting Option. Another one year deal with no Vesting or Team option would've potentially set him for a nice payday.

If Haren manages to reach 180 innings, then it probably means he was effective while doing so, as the Dodgers aren't going to let a terrible pitcher throw that much.

mlbtr's steve adams speculated he might take less money in his next contract to stay near his family on the west coast since Dan Haren has already made $61MM in his career. With this contract that looks to be true.
    Last edited by xabial; 11-24-2013 at 10:31 PM.

vCash
    I like it.

Rotation is going to be absurd next year.

baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    my first thought. Haren should do pretty well with the Dodgers there in LA. my next thought after looking at his basic stats was wow he got pretty damn good money for the numbers he had in 2013. but he did pitch a lot better in the 2nd half, so maybe that's really what he is rather than the 1st half.

I'm not one to know really what is good or not on money issue, but if he can pitch like he did in the 2nd half, that seems like they would be getting him at a good price.

I've heard May alot for Billingsley

vCash
    ****. I really wanted the Giants to get him. Now they'll probably sign Arroyo or re-sign Vogelsong .

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    ****. I really wanted the Giants to get him. Now they'll probably sign Arroyo or re-sign Vogelsong .
    You should get Phil Hughes.

vCash
    So dodgers are out on Masahiro Tanaka, so that leave the Yankees and maybe the rangers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    So dodgers are out on Masahiro Tanaka, so that leave the Yankees and maybe the rangers
    Dodgers will be in on Tanaka.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

Mid to late April, though he would be back right now had they had the TJ right away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    Why would they be out on Tanaka?

And the nationals are probably going to be in on Tanaka too.
    Last edited by ciaban; 11-24-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast