Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2013 Week 11: CAR @ MIA

Well, this is ugly. I knew this was a trap game coming into it, but we're simply being outplayed and outcoached right now.

Their DL is wrecking the offense, our defense can't cover ****, and we're sorely missing Johnson.

Munnerlyn is getting beat like a drum (basically gave up 10 points) and Bell is being destroyed by Wake.

We're currently running man-coverage on defense and we've abandoned the run aside from when we had the ball on our own 5 yard line. Stupid decisions.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Impressive drive to get three before the half with no time outs.

vCash
    We're looking a bit better on both sides of the ball after half-time, but it's pretty obvious that nobody in our secondary can keep up with Wallace's speed. He was wide-open but Tannehill missed him.

A Tannehill INT would help here.

vCash
    Three clutch comebacks in a row for Cam! I didn't see the bad close games record mentioned today either! Damn, that was a good win; brought us down to earth, but we still rallied and pulled it out.

vCash
    Cam strikes again!

Holy **** that throw on the last drive toward a wide open Wallace had me on the edge of my seat. I don't know what Mitchell was doing besides taking a few years off of my life but at least it worked out for us.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Cam strikes again!

Holy **** that throw on the last drive toward a wide open Wallace had me on the edge of my seat. I don't know what Mitchell was doing besides taking a few years off of my life but at least it worked out for us.
    I haven't rewatched that play, but I saw a lot of Dolphins fans *****ing about Tannethrill on that pass, not Wallace. Their opinion was that Wallace intentionally dropped it because if he was tackled before the endzone the game would end due to them having no timeouts and not enough time to run up field and get a play off. I'm sure he didn't intentionally drop it, but even if he caught it (unless Mitchell wasn't in position to tackle him) it was probably over. Still can't figure out how our bend-don't-break defense has held down so many other receivers, but Cant-catch-a-cold Wallace is the one who finally destroys our secondary, not only once, but twice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I haven't rewatched that play, but I saw a lot of Dolphins fans *****ing about Tannethrill on that pass, not Wallace. Their opinion was that Wallace intentionally dropped it because if he was tackled before the endzone the game would end due to them having no timeouts and not enough time to run up field and get a play off. I'm sure he didn't intentionally drop it, but even if he caught it (unless Mitchell wasn't in position to tackle him) it was probably over. Still can't figure out how our bend-don't-break defense has held down so many other receivers, but Cant-catch-a-cold Wallace is the one who finally destroys our secondary, not only once, but twice.
    I don't think he meant to drop it either but man it looked close, I haven't watched it again and don't know if I want to.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    I don't think he meant to drop it either but man it looked close, I haven't watched it again and don't know if I want to.
    I saw it on the highlights and it would've been a TD if he came down with it. Scary how good Wallace could be if he could catch, though I think I could say the same for Ginn who dropped another sure-TD today. But Wallace caught two way-deep passes, Tannehill missed him on one, and he dropped one. He could've had 4 40+ yard TDs if he were a little more lucky/could catch.

vCash
    Just wanted to chime in and say I'm getting more and more impressed with the play calling and 2nd half adjustments our coaching staff has been making on this winning streak. We saw visions of the old incompetent Ron when he failed to run a play before the quarter ended and Philbin had a chance to challenge that first down, and the play he chose to challenge was a wasted effort also. But regardless our team is looking strong enough to overcome these deficiencies.
    I foresee next week being a dog fight, and I don't think Johnson will be back til the first Saints game.
    I do fear tho, that the AZ loss from earlier in the year may come back to bite us in the *****.

vCash
    I can't figure why we tried to come out passing in the first half and didn't hardly try to run, when we came out and mixed the play-calling up in the second half is when we started to have success.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-TownPhantom View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and say I'm getting more and more impressed with the play calling and 2nd half adjustments our coaching staff has been making on this winning streak. We saw visions of the old incompetent Ron when he failed to run a play before the quarter ended and Philbin had a chance to challenge that first down, and the play he chose to challenge was a wasted effort also. But regardless our team is looking strong enough to overcome these deficiencies.
    I foresee next week being a dog fight, and I don't think Johnson will be back til the first Saints game.
    I do fear tho, that the AZ loss from earlier in the year may come back to bite us in the *****.
    Eh, don't think like that. We're in control of ourselves. We might've lost to them early in the season, but we don't need to worry about a WC when we're in the front of the pack for the WC and we're within one game of taking the division. Also, while I picked ARZ to win against IND, I don't think they're going to make post-season. They're not very good on the road (though they're EXTREMELY good at home) as evidenced by their only two away wins bein narrow wins against TB and JAX. They still have 3 away games (@PHI, @TEN, and @SEA) with two home games against SF and STL. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 2-3. I anticipate them losing at least three more games (my guess is @SEA and vsSF are losses, and then one of the other away games), which would put them at 9-7.

I can't figure why we tried to come out passing in the first half and didn't hardly try to run, when we came out and mixed the play-calling up in the second half is when we started to have success.
    I couldn't figure that out either, but I'd rather the offense play opposite of what they should (pass first rather than run first) than the defense play opposite (man vs zone). Our defense isn't built for man-coverage even when CJ is healthy, definitely not when he's out and we have Munnerlyn and Thomas playing in our secondary.

I usually enjoy reading PFF just because it's occasionally more telling than regular statistics, but their headline to describe Newton was "Still a Running QB" in a negative connotation. They gave him a -5.1 (which includes his running). In what planet is Cam Newton "still a running QB"? He only runs for two reasons; A.) His OL is going to get him killed or B.) it's designed and he's getting key 1st/TDs. The Phins were hassling him all day long and he had some huge drops (like the would-be-TD to Ginn). Sure, Newton wasn't too great for the first half but how do you use advanced statistics and grade him that negatively when he was pretty damn good in the second half? Then again, PFF also wanted to give the gameball to Addison for filling in for CJ haha. What a joke.