Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Matt Weiters

vCash

Matt Weiters

With McCann off the market (I really thought he'd be a great fit for us, but not so disappointed considering what the yanks are paying him), what do you think Weiters would cost us to acquire him? He's been up and down a bit during his career, but I think he'd be great for the Sox. Still has 2 yrs of arbitration eligibility remaining at reasonable salary requirements. Not sure the O's would deal with their division rival, but (A)would you all be interested and (B)what do you think the possible cost to acquire him would be?

vCash
    And I'm sorry I misspelled his name. Kinda embarrassed. I swear I graduated 3rd grade. "I before E, except after C." I'd correct it if I could. Please ignore the incorrect spelling of Wieters.

vCash
    Don't think Orioles would deal him to a division rival, and it'd probably cost more than I'd like. Pass. I'll take Hanigan o the cheap until our prospect catchers are ready.

vCash
    Yeah, Wieters is a good catcher and all but 1 that always wants you leaving more. I think there are better options both in-house and on the market that we could get that would be just as effective.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    i think wieters will cost us way too much in prospects for the deal to be worth it.

vCash
    If Wieters is dealt it will undoubtedly be for too much. Thats the only way they will trade him. Not a fit for us.

vCash
    Ill pass Wieters is slowly withering away