Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Red Sox Beard Trimmings for Sale

Now that the beards of some Boston Red Sox players have been trimmed, you can own what was once on their faces.

Gillette announced Thursday that it would auction off two hair balls -- one that it shaved off World Series MVP David Ortiz and the other from Shane Victorino.

The beard hair comes in a case along with the razor that shaved it and an autograph of Ortiz and Victorino. All proceeds will go to Movember, a men's health charity that encourages men to grow mustaches this month.

"We've never done anything like this," Hooman Shahidi, senior brand manager for Gillette, said in a statement. "But their facial hair has been the symbol of the team since spring training and became part of baseball lore. We hope the shavings help raise awareness for important men's health issues and find good homes with passionate fans."

As of 9 p.m. ET, Victorino's beard hair was going for $1,575, while Ortiz's had drawn a high bid of $3,550. The auction closes on Nov. 30.

The players had their beards shaved at Gillette's Boston headquarters earlier this month after winning the World Series.
    Its a little weird but still good that proceedings is going to charity. Own the hair of the 2013 World Series Champs!

Source- http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...gs-put-auction
    Last edited by xabial; 11-24-2013 at 02:32 AM.

vCash
    wonder if I can sell my beard hair.

vCash
    Kinda gross
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Who bids on this stuff? I get that collectors love sports memorabilia but most of that kind of stuff is pictures, balls, bats ect ect. "Look at this signed Ted Williams baseball card." That's a conversation starter to most collectors. "Look at this awesome ball of David Ortiz's beard. Come with the razor it was shaved with." Sounds almost stalker like to me really. Strange stuff.

vCash
    Not my cup of tea, but glad it is for a good cause. If people want to shell out their money for a bag of hair, have at it.

vCash
    Who would want their wives' pubic hairs?

HA HA get it...BEARDS?!!?!?

vCash
    Everyone said "Brian Wilson is taking the beard thing too far" but yet it's ok for the Red Sox to SELL their stupid beards. Yea....ok.

vCash
    This is up there with Luis Gonzalez' gum from the 2001 World Series being sold on ebay.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Who bids on this stuff? I get that collectors love sports memorabilia but most of that kind of stuff is pictures, balls, bats ect ect. "Look at this signed Ted Williams baseball card." That's a conversation starter to most collectors. "Look at this awesome ball of David Ortiz's beard. Come with the razor it was shaved with." Sounds almost stalker like to me really. Strange stuff.

I seem to remember someone paying a lot of money for Ty Cobb's false teeth.

I don't get it. But to each his own.

vCash
    There is a creepy woman in Boston right now jumping for joy because she will finally be able to complete her collection of David Ortiz body parts. Stole his his toenail clippings from the hotel in Boston in 2004, his urine from the world series party in 2007 and finally, his facial hair in 2013. It has been a good decade fro Red Sox fans. lol

vCash
    thats gross
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    IMO its gross as all hell. But if they can make some weird fans happy and give some money to charity, good on them

vCash
    Not my cup of tea, but if there is a market for this and they can make that kind of money for a charitable organization then I say good for them. I didn't see where a charity was named, but I have heard how good of a man Ortiz in particular is with charitable work so I think it's great.

vCash
    what kind of sick **** would buy someone else's facial hair trimmings?
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    what kind of sick **** would buy someone else's facial hair trimmings?
    A fan who's THAT dedicated to his/her team. It is quite interesting what some people use their money on nowadays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast