Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Marvin Williams

vCash

Marvin Williams

Last year we all called him a bum, and wanted him gone, yes we are losing this year bla bla bla.... but you have to notice that Marvin has been Ball'n it lately..... we used to love his perimeter Defense but now he has the offense to go with it. Do we keep him around after this year? Thoughts?

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Locke had this to say about him: " Marvin Williams has been super this year. He told me at the start of the year the achillies bothered him most of the year last year but on a new team he didn’t want to miss time. He looks like a different player this year. He adds a tremendous amount to this team and his leadership has been terrific.
    If you look at the Jazz line-up numbers the only line-ups that are working offensively include Marvin at 4 and the Jazz using Marvin as a 4"

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    If the price is right I think we should for sure. I also think our style of offense last yr hurt him as well. Everything was pass the ball into the post and then just stand there and wait to see if it got kicked back out. Mary can play the 3 or 4, has a decent shot, plays good defense and is showing he can be a good roll model for the younger guys.

vCash
    this is who marvin is, how he played as a hawk. i think there's definitely a place for him on the team and we definitely can use him and extend him. with the youth movement, he can fill the role jefferson has played so far, and probably do it better. having him bolster the bench or start at the 3 (depending on what hayward does) would be excellent for our young guys.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    you can tell that that achilles was bothering him

vCash
    Marvin is a class guy, and I could see him stay here for a few more seasons. That said, he is in a contract year. So is his better play due to being healthy or just looking for a pay day?

vCash
    healthy, obviously. you try playing on a bum achilles...
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Chip. . . I have to agree with you. I think his turn around from last season to this season is more due to being healthy than anything. In the game last night Marv flew over some players to try to dunk a missed Jazz shot and I was surprised at his explosiveness and how high he jumped. He never looked anywhere near that explosive last yr. I hope he has a very good season this yr and we either trade him at the trade deadline for assets (ie. another young guy with lots of potential, another draft pick or picks) or I hope we can lock him up in the offseason for the next couple of yrs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    healthy, obviously. you try playing on a bum achilles...
    Wake up Chip. Nobody is saying he should have played with a bad injury, his career could be in jeopardy. But don't ignore the fact that players seem to miraculously stay healthy in a contract year. It's not a religious miracle, the guy is trying to avoid the "injury prone" discount on his next contract. His effort so far this season has been better than before.