- The Islanders have lost 7 of their last 10 games in regulation and 2 straight; they've also lost their last 6 road games.
- The Islanders come into tonight on the back-end of a back-to-back; they lost 4-3 to PIT last night after coming back from 3-1 down to tie.
- The Islanders are 27th in the league in goals against and 30th on the PK.
- Tavares and Vanek come into this game hot; Tavares with 6 points in his last 5 games, Vanek with 5 points in 7 games since joining NYI.
- The Flyers come in having come away with points in 6 straight games.
- The Flyers have not given up an even strength goal in 5 straight games, just 1 in their last 6 games, and 3 in their last 9.
- The Flyers have improved their PP to 24th in the league, but their PK has dropped from 7th to 18th.
- The Flyers have been averaging 3.67 GPG over their 6 game point streak.
Here!! I'm up visiting and at my dad's watching. We left to go pick up a pizza during intermission and we had to stop at a friends house to pick up something...we were standing there talking to this friend for the first 5 minutes of the second. Didn't see a single goal obviously, haha.
Let's go!! Great response to the Isles getting within 1. Couts line has been unreal. Very impressed with this month and next week is looking good schedule wise. Since that Edmonton game this has been a new team. Berube has really turned this thing around.
It was just a matter of time until the goals started coming. And to think Simmonds, Hartnell, Voracek, and to Zn extent G(albeit he's starting now) still haven't started scoring. This team has the offensive talent. The key to this season was always the defense/goaltending.