Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game 14: Golden State Warriors (8-5) Vs. Portland Trailblazers (11-2)

Vs.

Saturday, November 23rd, 2013
    7:30PM Pacific Time

Oracle Arena
    The BAY, Californ-I-A
    415 510 408 650 925 707

PROJECTED LINEUPS

The Dubs

Portland Trailblazers

THE RUNDOWN

MUST. WIN. GAME.
    Warriors Home Record: 5-1
    Trailblazers Road Record: 6-1

Thread goal: 300 posts
    Last edited by MackShock; 11-23-2013 at 07:16 PM.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Missing two starters in our superstar point guard and all-defensive swing man who also happens to be the secondary ball handler. Missing our third ball handler (Douglas), possibly missing all of our backup big men (Ezeli, O'Neal and Kuzmic).

So...

Lets go warriors!
    Last edited by Goose17; 11-23-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Missing two starters in out superstar point guard and all-defensive swing man who also happens to be the secondary ball handler. Missing our third ball handler (Douglas), possibly missing all of our backup big men (Ezeli, O'Neal and Kuzmic).

So...

Lets go warriors!
    this is really starting to feel like the 09-10 season. jackson says his main goal is to get everybody whole and healthy- LOL hes doing a horrible job.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    this is really starting to feel like the 09-10 season. jackson says his main goal is to get everybody whole and healthy- LOL hes doing a horrible job.
    He's a minister not Jesus. Don't go pinning the blame on him. This has nothing to do with him. It has everything to do with bad luck, the trainers/physios/medical staff and the front office.
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.

vCash
    Likemystylez is looking for someone to blame. However there's no one to blame since these injuries aren't minor.

I do think the players who are left aren't playing with the necessary fire to sustain an elite status with O'neal and Curry out.

But that's ridiculous. We're supposed to be ELITE. We stil have our allstar PF out there lol, Bogut, Klay and Barnes.. That should be enough based on what theyve shown in the past and their hype right?
    Last edited by COOLbeans; 11-23-2013 at 01:48 PM.

she says go for the championship

vCash
    And we had Iggy..

That should be a nice squad even without Curry and Oneal

she says go for the championship

vCash

Game 14: Golden State Warriors (8-5) Vs. Portland Trailblazers (11-2)

You'd imagine they'd be fine, but there's no one to move the ball and control the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Likemystylez is looking for someone to blame. However there's no one to blame since these injuries aren't minor.

I do think the players who are left aren't playing with the necessary fire to sustain an elite status with O'neal and Curry out.

But that's ridiculous. We're supposed to be ELITE. We stil have our allstar PF out there lol, Bogut, Klay and Barnes.. That should be enough based on what theyve shown in the past and their hype right?
    I wouldnt say I am looking for someone to blame... but sitting back and saying there is nothing we can do and accepting this garbage is basically what cohan did for 20 yrs.

MANY MANY MANY good teams have worked their way through injuries. The bullz got to the second round of the playoffs last yr with their best player out, deng heinrich, and noah in and out of the line up.

The mavs won a championship a few yrs ago with their starting small forward and second leading scorer out for the entire playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I wouldnt say I am looking for someone to blame... but sitting back and saying there is nothing we can do and accepting this garbage is basically what cohan did for 20 yrs.

MANY MANY MANY good teams have worked their way through injuries. The bullz got to the second round of the playoffs last yr with their best player out, deng heinrich, and noah in and out of the line up.

The mavs won a championship a few yrs ago with their starting small forward and second leading scorer out for the entire playoffs.
    Right so what do you want us to do? How about offering solutions instead of whining all the time like a spoiled brat.

There's nothing to be done, we just have to ride it out until everyone is healthy. Shite happens.

With no roster spots and nobody worth trading, we don't have a lot of options.

vCash
    Give Nedo some time... Maybe he can make something happen. Serbian Derrick Rose? With that nickname his game has to be somewhat decent...

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I think the biggest problem with our lineup still goes back to the bench and lacking someone that can handle the ball once Curry is out. As good as Iggy is at handling and distributing the ball he still isn't a PG and his slashing ability greatly diminishes we he has to drive against PGs.

I think the FO needs to either look for a better distributor that can set up the offense or someone that can create their own shot and score. I like how our bench plays pretty good defense but they are very inconsistent in the scoring department. Maybe trying to snatch sebastian telfair or leandro barbosa we really need a spark plug.

Going back to the main topic at point, it's gonna be a tough game tonight. I think we should give nedovic some playing time and give him some pick and rolls and see what he can do, since slashing is suppose to be strength.

vCash
    RIP Derrick Rose's career

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Iggy Said he felt a pop:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ury-felt-a-pop

screwed.

tank time

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    im assuming bazremore n green get the start tonight..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Right so what do you want us to do? How about offering solutions instead of whining all the time like a spoiled brat.

There's nothing to be done, we just have to ride it out until everyone is healthy. Shite happens.

With no roster spots and nobody worth trading, we don't have a lot of options.
    Sometimes it is not at all possible for a player to come back on the floor. Other times it is possible but the team wants to play it safe. Playing it safe is pointless if the season is being thrown down the drains as a result. Erick dampier played it safe for about 3 straight yrs with the warriors and even if he came out and re injured himself... the teams record could not have been any worse.

So things we can do-

1)If a player doesnt absolutely need to sit out- play him.

Barnes probably could have come back when the season started

Curry probably could have played in the laker game

Oneal - I dont know?

Iggy and douglas should not be brought back.

2) Cut players like kuzmic and bazemoore and look to use the trade exceptions we got in the utah trade to bring in quality players who can contribute. We have an 11 million dollar one and a 4 million dollar one. (It will push us into luxury- but we are desperate right now.

3) Figure out a way to motivate the guys to play hard. Some of that is on the coaching staff. The defense has been a joke lately (and we know this team can lock other teams up- that isnt steph curry being out- thats lack of effort by guys like klay thompson.

4 Move the ball on offense... they are tripple teaming everytime someone trys to back in meaning (there are atleast 2 guys open ON EVERY FREAKIN PLAY) there is no excuse for shooting 40% when the opposing team is leaving people open regularly. Also move without the ball. Last night they had serious advantages all over the starting line up... but they insisted on playing one on 3 every damn time up the court

I know they dont have a PG, but they are proffesional basketball players- The concept of when someone is doubling me there is a guy open..... should be easy to grasp. They have good passers up and down the roster too.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast