Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

I don't know what we're waiting for.

Move Joe Webb to cornerback. Most corners are failed wideouts, so if he isn't bringing anything to the table as a WR, why not make the switch to CB?

He's 6'4, 225 lbs and he's athletic enough to play WR, so why not CB, a position that we need help at right now. What could it hurt? Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commonist View Post
    Move Joe Webb to cornerback. Most corners are failed wideouts, so if he isn't bringing anything to the table as a WR, why not make the switch to CB?

He's 6'4, 225 lbs and he's athletic enough to play WR, so why not CB, a position that we need help at right now. What could it hurt? Thoughts?
    Its a decent idea but I would really worry about his hips. Joe Webb is fast and quick which is what you are looking for in a CB but I think the adjustment of playing backwards would hurt him. I have noticed even in his route running that he is not very fluid in the hips which can really hurt you as a CB. I think in an emergency situation it might work alright but not on a regular basis.

vCash
    I disagree with Joe being quick. I mean maybe for a guy who is 6'4" but CB quick I don't see it at all. He's lanky guy and it takes a little bit for him to get going. I don't hate Webb by any means and I hope he one day makes me eat crow but from the get go I thought Webb would be a wasted roster spot and for the most part he has been. Sure I like his potential but he has got a loooooooong ways to go to even be an average 4th WR.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Im not done seeing him as WR,,,,give the Athletic Freak the friggin ball and let his Skills do the rest...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Im not done seeing him as WR,,,,give the Athletic Freak the friggin ball and let his Skills do the rest...
    This

vCash

I don't know what we're waiting for.

Between Webb and Patterson we should essentially have the ability to run the plays we ran to harvin. But Musgrave must not see it that way

vCash
    yeah, well, we all know by now that Musgrave is clueless and those plays don't fit on his postcard

but re Webb...the guy had at least played WR before, but it's still a transition to get back to it....he's never played corner
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    I cant wait for us to clean house after this year with our coaching staff,,,,anybody with a right mind know Webb is being underused with the mountain of athletic ability he has,,,I say try him everywhere,,,including a Passing Wildcat package just for him,,,WR,,,,KR,,,PR,,,,Hell im ok with Secondary,,,,we just need to use this guy,,,,I love Frasier as a person,,,stand up guy,,,but he needs to go along with every singe other coach on this roster,,,,

vCash
    I'm for giving him a chance but in my eyes there are way to many joe webb lovers...he is definitely not good enough for the nfl