Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Andre Holmes expected to start if Moore can't play

Andre Holmes - WR - Raiders
    Andre Holmes is expected to start if Denarius Moore (shoulder) can't play Sunday.
    Moore missed practice Wednesday and is questionable at best for the matchup with the Titans. It's a big chance for Holmes, an impressive physical specimen at 6'4/210 who high-pointed a 33-yard catch against the Texans last week. He's a name for extreme deep leaguers to put on watch lists as Matt McGloin breathes some life into the Raiders passing game.

I'm actually very interested to see what he could bring to the table. His catch last week was a thing of beauty, and he almost had a couple more. He had the size and speed to be a big time player, so hopefully he can go prove himself.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    I think Holmes could emerge as a solid NFL WR. I really would like to have D. Moore for this game but i think Holmes could step up and make some plays. We moving Streater to the 1?

vCash
    My guess is they would keep Streater at his usual receiver spot and just move Holmes up to Moore's spot. According to the team depth chart, that would mean Holmes is leapfrogging Brice Butler to get there, but it seems that has already happened.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    I did not know that holmes was that big.... impressive, has some good hands

vCash
    Wasn't Holmes the one that had the catch that they said was not a catch? The one that cost the Raiders their second timeout in the second half? If so, I liked some of what I saw. I think he also had some key drops the game before last (or, the game before the game before last?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerSophist View Post
    Wasn't Holmes the one that had the catch that they said was not a catch? The one that cost the Raiders their second timeout in the second half? If so, I liked some of what I saw. I think he also had some key drops the game before last (or, the game before the game before last?)
    Yep that was him.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    Excited to see what he can do. He had flashes in the pre season, and has showed the ability to makes plays. His size should be a mis match.. Im guessing were all on this thread sunday night talking about how much we like Holmes...
    [

vCash
    I'm really intrigued by this player. And I'm tired of D. Moore's inconsistency. I hope Holmes plays well.

vCash
    This is the first year in his 3 year career where he has made a roster. He was a UDFAin 2011 signed by the Vikings from Hillsdale College.

He he was cut by the Vikings then signed to the Pats 2011 practice squad. In 2012 he was signed by the Cowgirls and made their practice squad.

He has looked good at times, but just remember that if he doesn't meet this forums expectations!

vCash
    From what I have read about Holmes, Is he makes unbelievable wild catches and drops the ones he should catch. Sounds like every receiver we had for the last 5 years. Hope he has a good game and can have a solid game.

vCash
    I want to see more of this cat. I liked his physicality last week.

vCash
    The little that I've seen of him, I like. The guy hustles, what more can you ask?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerSophist View Post
    Not to throw TP under the bus or anything, but I've seen Andre wide open on atleast 2 or 3 differen't occasions were Pryor just didn't capitalize. One i remember in particular cuz Holmes beat out his man and was deep in the opposing teams side of the field waving his hand but TP just didn't see him.

That being said, I've also seen ALL of our recievers drop more balls than i'd like to remember in crucial momentum shifting situations...
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    streater holmes butler ford

man we need to draft a wide reciever

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersrock99 View Post
    streater holmes butler ford

man we need to draft a wide reciever
    just a WR? lol.
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast