Week 12: Broncos(9-1) vs. Patriots(7-3) - **** horseface

Week Twelve
    @

Sunday, November 24th at 8:20 PM ET
    TV: NBC

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Peyton Manning, QB #18 - 3572 Yards / 34 TD 6 INT / 69.9 CMP% / 118.3 QB Rating
    Tom Brady, QB #12 - 2552 Yards / 14 TD 7 INT / 58.7 CMP% / 83.6 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Knowshon Moreno, RB #27 - 600 Yards /150 Carries/ 4.0 YPC / 8 TDs
    Stevan Ridley, RB #22 - 562 Yards / 131 Carries/ 4.3 YPC/ 7 TDs

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Wes Welker, WR #83 - 61 Catches / 648 Yards / 9 TDs
    Julian Edelman, WR #11 - 52 Catches / 500 Yards / 2 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Julius Thomas, TE #80 - 45 Catches / 590 Yards / 10 TD
    Rob Gronkowski , TE #87 - 24 Catches / 343 Yards / 2 TDS

Kicker

~VS~

Matt Prater, K #5 - 14 FGM / 15 FGA / 50 XPM / 50 XPA / LONG: 54
    Stephen Gostkowski, K #3 - 24 FGM / 25 FGA / 26 XPM / 26 XPA / LONG: 54

Tackles Leader

~VS~

Danny Trevathan, LB #59 - 81
    Brandon Spikes, LB #55 - 60

Sacks Leader

~VS~

Shaun Phillips, DE #90 - 9.0
    Chandler Jones, DE #95 - 9.5

Interceptions Leader

~VS~

Danny Trevathan, LB #59 - 3
    Aqib Talib, CB #31 - 4

Click For More Stats

vCash
    The offense will be fine IMO. The D is a huge question mark. Gotta stop the short **** and make him hold onto the ball longer.

We've got a 3 game win streak against Denver, averaging 39.5 ppg IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I dropped my phone in the toilet last night which ruined my week. If that makes you feel better.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

vCash
    Whose the really hot chick? Well whoever, glad you included her in the gamethread lol
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    haha nice title

vCash
    Yup, that's a nearly perfect young lady...

Brady kills teams that run Tampa 2. Brady kills Del Rio coached teams. Big ugly forehead doesn't like the cold, or playing in Foxboro. I hope Welker plays so we can ring his bell for him again... The Pats are still pissed about Sun night.

In a mighty shootout, Pats 38-34

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

We are going to need a miracle, i honestly do not think our defense will be able to force any sort turnovers or punts with all the injuries we have, our only hope is to bring pressure all night and hope manning makes mistakes

vCash
    I'm sure Belichick and Co. will have the defense ready to play the Broncos better than most of the competition they've faced this year. I'm just not sure that will matter with all the key guys out. My concern is that Dennard is out, that Talib got worked last week, and that they have 4 receivers you have to worry about. Hopefully we press and get physical at the LOS with those guys, but I'm not sure the personnel is there on our part to slow them enough.

Maybe Thomas misses the game, and that would help a little. I know Welker isn't practicing, but there's no way he won't play.

I don't think the offense is firing well-enough to win a huge shootout. Denver's gonna score, a lot. I don't think we can keep up. I'm not predicting a win this week.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    38-24 Denver. With all the injuries I can't see the defense keeping Denver to 20-28 points..

vCash
    With the injuries depleting the defense New England pretty much stands no chance
    If it wasn't for the fact the Denver punter is also the holder for PAT's and FG He would have a very boring day sitting on the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post

I don't think the offense is firing well-enough to win a huge shootout. Denver's gonna score, a lot. I don't think we can keep up. I'm not predicting a win this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by xamadeix View Post
    38-24 Denver. With all the injuries I can't see the defense keeping Denver to 20-28 points..
    Really? The offense isn't firing well enough? This is why people need to pay attention to points per drive and NOT points per game. It can be completely misleading.

First off, you can't score on every damn drive. It just doesn't happen. Even the Denver offense that is so potent doesn't score on 32% of their drives (or they punt on 32% of their drives). Actually, when accounting for turnovers, it's more like 46% of their drives they don't score. So now that we have that basic football lesson out of the way, against a SIGNIFICANTLY better Carolina defense, the Patriots scored points on 4 out of 7 drives for a % of 57.1%, which is more than the 54% of drives that Denver scores on for the whole season. So basically, our offense was more consistent against the Panthers defense than Denver's offense has been this year. As for points per drive, they averaged 2.86 points per drive last week vs. Carolina, which would be 2nd in the league on the year only behind Denver. And keep in mind, this was including that last drive of the game, where they had a minute to go 80 yards (never easy, and converted way less often than a normal drive) AND it was against a Carolina defense that is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Denver's defense. Seriously, you guys understate how good Carolina's D is and how bad Denver's D was. Carolina's D ranks 4th in DVOA (best measure for team defense), 2nd in ANY/A (one of the best metrics for passing game), 6th in yards per play, 8th in rushing yards per attempt allowed (0.1 worse than Denver, so the fact they ran on Carolina means they should be able to run on Denver), 6th in passer rating allowed, etc. Anyways, Carolina's D is as I said MUCH MUCH better than Denver's D. And the Patriots were able to move the ball on them and score at a great rate against them. So why exactly can't they score enough against a Denver defense, that I repeat for the 100th time, is not very good and much worse than Carolina?

At the very least, if you're worried about the Pats winning this game, don't make idiotic statements like the Pats offense hasn't been firing well enough when they just produced a great offensive game against a Carolina D that is 100x better than Denver's D and thats coming off a 55 point game against the Steelers (I really don't think there's much reason to be skeptical of the Pats offense anymore now that all the weapons are back). Rather you're statement should be that the Pats defense has bigger issues than Denver's D due to our injuries. That could at least be accurate and I could buy that as a reason why Denver wins.

drive stats: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...vestatsoff2013

Quote Originally Posted by bledrules View Post
    With the injuries depleting the defense New England pretty much stands no chance
    If it wasn't for the fact the Denver punter is also the holder for PAT's and FG He would have a very boring day sitting on the bench
    Well this guy is the guy who only posts negative things about the Pats and how they suck, so his prediction is not surprising. Typical reaction around here though. Give the other team no credit, complain about how awful the Pats are.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Brady kills teams that run Tampa 2. Brady kills Del Rio coached teams.
    Yup, another thing people forget. But nope, because our offense didn't score on 100% of the drives, it's not firing well enough.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 11-21-2013 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    Here's actually an interesting question: do the Pats try to play slow, take their time, run a lot and turn this into another 6 possession game OR do they play at their normal pace and just hope to stop Denver, even if it turns into a 14 possession game. History says if you are the inferior team, you want to limit the number of total possessions in the game (sadly much like the Giants have done vs. us in the SBs) and then the game becomes much more random. But the question is how inferior are we? And by that I mean offensively (since both D's suck). Can our coach also scheme us to take away a few Denver scores.

vCash
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsdef

The defensive drive stats. Again, Denver sucks on D. They may have talent but for whatever reason, that talent isn't playing to their level. 17th in points allowed per drive and even worse in the red zone.

And as Bags said, we've never had trouble with Jack Rel Dio or Denver's D's over the last few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsdef

The defensive drive stats. Again, Denver sucks on D. They may have talent but for whatever reason, that talent isn't playing to their level. 17th in points allowed per drive and even worse in the red zone.

And as Bags said, we've never had trouble with Jack Rel Dio or Denver's D's over the last few years.
    To be fair, I've been hearing that their D has been much better since Von came back. I still don't think we'll have a problem at all against it. We're going to have to do what the Panthers did to us and dominate time of possession. The Steelers did it to us a few years ago and it worked well. Keep that offense rusty on the sideline with 5min+ long scoring drives while also allowing our D some time to rest and stay fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I dropped my phone in the toilet last night which ruined my week. If that makes you feel better.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

vCash
    Atleast Talib is practicing. His injury doesn't seem to be to bad.

vCash

I have a feeling he wasnt benched because of his injury

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast