Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Fine Money

vCash

Fine Money

Im really suprised this isnt brought up more. I know the fine money is supposedly going to charities. But shouldnt by now, with all these fines in the nfl, there should be some charities out there thinking they have plenty of money already lol. Really would like to find out were all this money ends up. Any ideas?

vCash
    Defensive players are going to need bigger contracts just cause of all the money they're losing due to fines.

vCash
    I have a brilliant idea.

It goes into a fund that the fans enter to win at the end of the year.

AND NORM JUST SOLVED THE PROBLEMS WITH FANS COMPLAINED ABOUT FINES.

Boom.

vCash
    If you really care:

...the net contribution to charity from on-field fines was $2.9 million. On average, that means the typical NFL game results in about $10,000 in fines.

When a player is fined for on-field misconduct, that money goes to charities and programs for retired players. Money is distributed by NFL Charities to the NFL Player Care Foundation and the NFLPA’s Players Assistance Trust, as well as the Brian Piccolo Memorial Fund and the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Care Center.

On average, fine money has been about $3 million a year for the last four years....
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    thanks for the info! Never knew.

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

Thanks for the info

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I have a brilliant idea.

It goes into a fund that the fans enter to win at the end of the year.

AND NORM JUST SOLVED THE PROBLEMS WITH FANS COMPLAINED ABOUT FINES.

Boom.
    and ticket sales. go to the game, you have a chance to win the money. genius norm, genius
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Norm is always thinking.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    I had a guest speaker come into one of my classes last year. He worked for the Cavs during the early 2000's and the early LeBron years. He went to ownership and mentioned that he wanted to get a master's degree. They responded, and these are his words verbatim, "no problem, we'll just use Ricky Davis' fine money to pay for it." Apparently that's how he got his masters. I don't know if that's how it's typically done, but that's what he told us.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I had a guest speaker come into one of my classes last year. He worked for the Cavs during the early 2000's and the early LeBron years. He went to ownership and mentioned that he wanted to get a master's degree. They responded, and these are his words verbatim, "no problem, we'll just use Ricky Davis' fine money to pay for it." Apparently that's how he got his masters. I don't know if that's how it's typically done, but that's what he told us.
    Ha, that would be awesome if true. Think of all the kids Suh could put through college.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.