Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

4 Added to 40-Man Roster

The Twins announced today that Max Kepler, Jorge Polanco, Kennys Vargas and Logan Darnell have been added to the 40-man roster: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/min/...&vkey=news_min
    AJ Achter was left off and BJ Hermsen was removed.

vCash
    is the addition of Kepler as surprising to you as it is to me?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    He's been on the team for the maximum amount of time without adding him to the 40-man roster. He is still a work in progress, but as one who has seen him play several times, I agree with the move. He won't contribute to the major league club in the next couple of seasons, but he is too good to allow him to leave. He is learning to play 1B and that will help him move up the ladder. Polanco surprises me more than Kepler does.

vCash
    I thought he and Sano were signed the same year...I mean he'll just have turned 21 by spring training.

Don't get me wrong, it was a pleasant surprise as I've been looking forward to him getting a shot
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    You are correct about that. The only real difference is their ages when they were signed. Sano was younger by 3 months. I think we need Matty to answer this question properly.