Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jimmy Butler does some running; Could be back within a week per Thibs

November 20, 2013 -- Bulls guard/forward Jimmy Butler sustained an injury to his right great toe against Charlotte on Monday night.

Subsequent examinations and an MRI confirmed a sprain (turf toe) to his right great toe. Butler will not accompany the team on its current road trip and he is listed as week-to-week.
    http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/butler...-turf-toe.html

Bummer

vCash
    Awesome... and I called it.

vCash
    sucks just when he starts getting aggressive.

Jimmy G.

vCash
    I don't get why they put him back out there in the 4th quarter? Our training staff continues to be a joke.

vCash
    if anyone thought that the bulls were to go through the season without any injuries were just kidding themselves. As long as they treat him right, which they apparently will with the new head of training and everything, i don't see why he wouldn't be back after a couple of weeks without any lingering effects. I'm sure he is eyeing the Miami game on Dec. 5th personally but we'll see. Hopefully snell gets some burn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KH12 View Post
    I don't get why they put him back out there in the 4th quarter? Our training staff continues to be a joke.
    Turf toe is diagnosed by imaging/physical exams. It's not really clinical diagnosis you make on the spot without imaging and in this case it's an MRI. He felt he could go at the moment so they let him cuz it wasn't a fracture or anything. Unfortunately he just couldn't go on and was taken out. I'm not going to blame the medical staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    Turf toe is diagnosed by imaging/physical exams. It's not really clinical diagnosis you make on the spot without imaging and in this case it's an MRI. He felt he could go at the moment so they let him cuz it wasn't a fracture or anything. Unfortunately he just couldn't go on and was taken out. I'm not going to blame the medical staff.
    This has happened way too often to just brush off.

vCash
    This has happened way too often to just brush off.
    before they used to bring guys back too quickly. Now it seems they're more cautious. Remember, turf toe isn't necessarily a clinical diagnosis and sometimes on xrays you will see movement of bones in the foot (which they didn't see) as well as the fractures mentioned earlier. It was probably in the back of their heads though so whatever. Also it'll probably be like 2-3 weeks so as long as he's smart and the training staff does their job he should be back fine.

vCash
    damnit. so basically thibs is gonna play kirk 40 MPG and he's gonna go down soon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TheBulls View Post
    damnit. so basically thibs is gonna play kirk 40 MPG and he's gonna go down soon...
    i don't think so. I really believe they'll use teague/snell some.

vCash
    Fred Tedeschi is the trainer for a team that cleared former Bulls center Omer Asik to play in the 2011 NBA playoffs with a broken leg.

Tedeschi is on the staff of a team that presided over the mishandling of Luol Deng’s infamous absence in the 2013 playoffs, when the Bulls announced Deng’s severe reaction to a spinal tap procedure (one that Deng himself had to personally disclose on Twitter, after the Bulls denied a procedure took place) as “flu-like symptoms.”

Deng also played through the last two months of the season with a fractured thumb, when he was cleared as game-workable, alongside torn ligaments in the same hand.

Fred was also on the staff when center Joakim Noah – who has a history of falling prey to plantar fasciitis due to overuse – averaged 40 minutes a game for the first three months of the season. The Bulls staff also has an Internet connection, which would reveal that Noah runs more during those particular minutes than any other player in the NBA.

Noah was also cleared to play during the 2012 playoffs in a game that saw him severely sprain his ankle, an injury that would knock Noah out of the Olympics some three months later.

Tedeschi last won the award in 2007, two years before the Bulls sent out a letter regarding Luol Deng, telling the media that Deng should be undertaking something called “active rest” to work himself toward "expeditious return to play." The Bulls training staff then "encouraged [Deng] to challenge himself physically."

Luol Deng got a second opinion from another doctor, who revealed that Deng had a broken right leg. Something not enough “active rest” in the world can heal.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...173000667.html

Sorry man, I cannot give this guy any benefit of the doubt.

vCash
    K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 4m
    Asked Thibodeau if Bulls regret playing Butler in 4th on Monday: "I have to trust the trainer, the doctor and obviously trust Jimmy " (cont)

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 3m
    More Thibodeau on Butler returning in 4th: "He wanted to give it a shot. They thought he could. So we did. That’s the way it worked out."

vCash
    i don't think so. I really believe they'll use teague/snell some.
    I hope so. I think Teague will get around 5-7 MPG...I'm hoping Snell could get at least that. Preferably around 10-15.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Awesome... and I called it.
    and you did it FIRST!

I agree with this

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...173000667.html

Sorry man, I cannot give this guy any benefit of the doubt.
    Noah didn't average 40mpg during the first month, two months, three months, any month of last year - he was at 39.2 for the first two months, but it's not 40...

just to be a dick

vCash
    Actually, he averaged 40 in October (1 game).

He averaged 38.7 in November, and 39.6 in December. Close enough.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast