Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Game 13 (11-20-13): Sixers (5-7) vs. Raptors (4-7)

vs

Philadelphia 76ers - Toronto Raptors

Date: Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
    Time: 7:00 PM EST
    Broadcast: CSN (TV), 97.5 FM (Radio)

Points per Game Assists per Game Rebounds per Game
    Sixers Turner 22.0 MCW 7.6 Hawes 10.2
    Raptors Gay 20.6 Lowry 5.9 Valanciunas 7.7

The Toronto Raptors and Philadelphia 76ers have both been struggling, but the Raptors appear to have a better chance at a turnaround.

They also hope that applies to their series with the 76ers, against whom they have lost seven of nine entering Wednesday night's game in Philadelphia.

Both teams have lost three of four, but two of those defeats for Toronto (4-7) came in overtime. While the Raptors have played solid defense over their last five, yielding 92.6 points per game in regulation, the 76ers (5-7) have surrendered an average of 111.2 before any overtime during a 1-5 stretch.

Toronto's latest setback came in OT and at the hands of one of the league's hottest teams, 118-110 at home to Portland on Sunday. The Raptors trailed by as many as 17 points in the fourth quarter before rallying, with Rudy Gay forcing overtime with a last-second layup.

However, they were 2 for 12 from the floor in the extra period, falling to a Blazers team which entered this week on a seven-game win streak. Toronto had limited teams to 30.5 percent 3-point shooting before letting its last two opponents combine to hit 45.8 percent, allowing a season-high 15 3s on Portland's 32 attempts.

"It's tough when they're knocking down shots like that," said Gay, who had a season-high 30 points and 10 rebounds for his fourth double-double. "No matter how much we rotate, move it around and switch, it's tough to play when a team has it going. I'm not happy they made shots, but I'm happy with the effort we put forth."

DeMar DeRozan had 29 points after tying a career high with 37 in Friday's loss to Chicago. DeRozan and Gay are one of four pairs of teammates each averaging 20 or more points.

Defending the 3-point line shouldn't be as difficult against Philadelphia, which is 17 for 59 (28.8 percent) from long distance during its three-game losing streak. The 76ers hit 6 of 21 in a 97-94 loss at Dallas on Monday.

Michael Carter-Williams missed his fourth game with a bruised left arch and is doubtful for Wednesday's contest. Tony Wroten has averaged 19.5 points while starting at point guard in his absence, but Philadelphia's perimeter shooting appears to be taking a hit. Wroten is making 14.3 percent from 3-point range in those games compared to Carter-Williams, who hit 39.5 percent in eight contests.

The 76ers likely need to cut down on their late-game mistakes, as they're averaging 4.4 fourth-quarter turnovers after committing five in each of the last two games. They also were 3 for 8 from the free-throw line in the final 12 minutes Monday and finished 12 for 22 for the game.

"I think we played our hearts out," said Evan Turner, who finished with 26 points, nine rebounds and seven assists. "We have to help ourselves out at the free-throw line and things like that."

Turner is averaging only 8.2 points on 35.2 percent shooting in 11 career matchups with Toronto.

Philadelphia could be exploited on the glass as the Raptors' 20.2 second-chance points per game leads the league. Four Toronto players are averaging at least two offensive rebounds per contest, while the 76ers surrender 12.0 per game -- among the NBA's worst.
    Injury Report:

Philadelphia:
    Michael Carter-Williams, G: Questionable (foot)
    Kwame Brown, C: Questionable (hamstring)
    Arnett Moultrie, F: Out (ankle)
    Jason Richardson, G: Out (knee)
    Nerlens Noel, C: Out (knee)

Raptors:
    No Reported Injuries

vCash
    MCW back tonight.

Elliot Williams and Lorenzo Brown will also be dressed and available apparently, as we just waived Kwame Brown and Darius Morris

vCash
    We waived morris? I missed the last 2 games but we really don't have any depth to be waiving any player. Serious tanking.

vCash
    Well we signed two guards that we liked enough to replace him and Kwame. So maybe we don't have "depth" but at least we have bodies for the position lol. Morris was terrible anyways.

vCash
    Hawes and Orton starting tonight on the front line. Thad is missing the game for "personal reasons."

TANK.

vCash
    I think I myself will miss this one due to my own personal reasons.

Those being that this is a game between two stinkos.

vCash
    Can't count.

vCash
    Maybe Thad is getting traded and in the midst of a deal..?
    Fingers crossed...!

vCash
    Why the hell is Hawes NOT getting more shots ? I mean has he even missed ? Turner has 4 times more shot attempts. And Hawes CLEARLY hasa huge advantage out there. He should be getting 25-30 shots tonight.

Man...Brown MUST have been ordered to Tank.

vCash
    Finally this looks like a tanking team. We're coming for you, Utah.

vCash
    Steve Hawes, though.

vCash
    Never found a stream :c but oh my GOD hawes xDD

2012 allstar

vCash
    man our perimeter D really needs to improve. im all for the tank but seeing these teams nail 3 after 3 has gotten old already

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    And another one...lets go milwaukee bring your a game....:
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    man our perimeter D really needs to improve. im all for the tank but seeing these teams nail 3 after 3 has gotten old already
    Well Brett Brown did say in one halftime interview (and I'm paraphrasing here):
    With a young team you can only really take away one of two things, the three or the layup. I rather give up the 3 and shut down the lane than get the young guys allowing layups and defending the perimeter.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast