Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cubs Convention 2014

Don't know if this is thread worthy and I didn't wanna take another thread so off-topic, but I'm looking for some opinions on attending this years Cubs Convention.

I have never been to one, but have heard good things from friends that have attended in the past.

I have a chance to go this year and was just wondering if it's worth it?

If it is, does anyone have any tips on what days are the best to go? What are the best activities to attend? Best "bang for you buck"?

Thanks in advance.

vCash
    I imagine they will be doing an offering, church-style, before the festivities begin.

vCash
    I've gone the past 2 years, hoping to go this year as well. One of my favorite things is to go to the Bingo Night with Wayne Messmer on Friday night. Thats always a big favorite by everyone so if you go, make sure to get there early.

The past few years I've taken a different friend each day so they have always wanted to get a lot of autographs.

Interspersed throughout each day are timed autograph sessions with former and current players. However, during the same times, they have different talks such as ones about Wrigley Field, a "Down on the Farm" where they talk to some prospects there, some radio interviews, tons of stuff.

Saturday is definitely the big day, with Friday introducing the attendees and opening ceremonies and Sunday just has a few more autograph sessions and talks.

If youre a Cubs fan, I highly recommend going at least once and now that the team has had some down years, its definitely easier to get passes and the events are more accessible. I always had a great time the past 2 years and hope to go as much as I can in the future.

vCash
    I'd like to go sometime. But I think I'll wait until I don't have to sit there and clap for people like Donnie Murphy or Luis Valbuena

vCash
    I'll be there at least one day visiting old crowd control pals and palettes... Anyone going that I feel comfy with I would be open to making some introductions...

vCash
    I used to go every year but honestly why waste my money? Until the Cubs are ready to start contending and spending money I'm not spending mine. I'm all for the rebuild I just don't put a dime into the Cubs until they put it on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    I'll be there at least one day visiting old crowd control pals and palettes... Anyone going that I feel comfy with I would be open to making some introductions...
    I might be there again this year it not the same now with all of the longtime players not being there.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.