Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Atlantic Division is really, really bad...

Hoo boy. It's pretty stunning when you think about it...

The entire Atlantic Division. With the losses Tuesday of the New York Knicks and the Boston Celtics, Atlantic Division teams have now lost 14 games in a row. As a division the Atlantic is 19-36, a winning percentage of 34.5 percent. The Philadelphia 76ers are on top of it at 5-7. It’s not going to stay this way all season… please, don’t let it stay this way all season. The idea of a sub .500 team as the No. 4 seed in the East because makes me queasy. This losing streak will end Wednesday — the Raptors and Sixers play each other and by NBA rules one of the teams has to win. (Hat tip to Michael Levin of Liberty Ballers for pointing this out.)
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ntic-division/

The Atlantic division has been really awful this year, and is being led by the team that's *supposed* to be tanking.

Think about it... the #4 seed in the East could be a sub .500 team ...

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    yes it is. but so is the ENTIRE eastern conference. The West has been better for some time now but it is above and beyond stronger. and ya the Atlantic sucks. good for the raptors. 4-7 and currently in eighth
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash

vCash
    But yeah, they really need to change the playoff format and make it top 16 teams.

You could have teams in the West going 10 games over .500 and missing the playoffs. It sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    But yeah, they really need to change the playoff format and make it top 16 teams.

You could have teams in the West going 10 games over .500 and missing the playoffs. It sucks.
    one giant conference and even strength playing schedule is the only way you can get top 16 teams in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    one giant conference and even strength playing schedule is the only way you can get top 16 teams in the playoffs.
    Do it.

vCash
    It's 10 games in. Way to early for the overreaction. Brooklyn and the Knicks will hover around 47-50 wins
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    It's pretty bad right now but i can't see the Atlantic division winner having a sub .500 record.

vCash
    what about losing east/west thing , best 16 teams in NBA , same thing , 1st vs 16th , 2nd vs 15th , etc. I wouldn't cry if there were 10 teams from West and 6 teams from East if better basketball is played . That way you could have 2 teams from East or West play each other in Finals , and before Finals let the losers from semi-finals play for 3rd place ( something like East/West Conf Finals ) , make it count for other teams as well , damn , could you imagine having series like Bulls-Okc , Miami-Houston , LAC - Indiana , etc. before the Finals ? NBA would greatly benefit from that , tv-ratings would go through the roof and all teams would also benefit from that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    It's 10 games in. Way to early for the overreaction. Brooklyn and the Knicks will hover around 47-50 wins
    50 wins? SAY WHAT?

Knicks/Nets 3-7 (10 games played). To get to 50 wins, they need to win 47/72 remaining games, or go 47-25. That's 65.2% for the remainder of the season.

45 wins may be a stretch...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    You are insane if you think this Knicks team will even sniff 47 wins. I have not seen anything from this team that even shows they could be a .500 team.
    Future Ace

vCash
    For karma sake I want the Celts to make deals with as many teams in the East in order to make them stronger and the Celtics weaker.

I'll be happy to deal Rondo, Bass, etc. for bad deals and draft picks, not interested in good players coming back. I just think its time for the Celts to end up at the bottom of the league, we've won too much, it's not fair....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    You are insane if you think this Knicks team will even sniff 47 wins. I have not seen anything from this team that even shows they could be a .500 team.
    Rondo and Bass could help you guys out.... ...psst.. want to make a deal ? Dump your junk for actual players!

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Rondo and Bass could help you guys out.... ...psst.. want to make a deal ? Dump your junk for actual players!
    Chris Smith and Amare for Rondo and Bass
    Future Ace

vCash
    I think it's a bit much to think the team coming out of the east will be sub 500. The Lakers found a way last year and so will BKN and NY.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast