Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

is there any question that Woodson has lost the team?

I have criticized Woodson's flaws as a coach plenty, but he is sinking fast and seems to have lost the team. I'll give credit to Melo because he is still trying for Woodson but coach just can't seem to get more than two players in the same page.

After 10 games there is no clear offensive or defensive strategy and whatever they are being told to do isn't working. People can say it is the players but if the players are having trouble executing something give them something they can execute.

Every time something starts working, Woodson goes away from it.

In the absence of good coaching, players have resorted to hero ball. Lost all confidence in each other and no one seems sure if their role.

The management has to make a decision before the season is lost.

vCash
    Avery Johnson said it best. Success on the court begins with cohesion and a unified vision between ownership, management and coaching. It's OBVIOUS that Woodson and Dolan ARE NOT on the same page. The sad part is that I don't think there's a coach alive who can fix this as long as Dolan is in the picture and his priority is making money as opposed to winning a ring!

vCash
    Dolan is without a doubt the main problem here. But after watching the game last night, looking at the huddles during timeouts, the body language of the players is not great, and it doesn't look like they are really buying into whats going on.
    With that being said, I was the biggest advocate for Woody last year. I really felt as if he was the perfect guy for New York and for this team. I'd really like to give him a chance but I dont want this ship to sink any deeper either. It would be nice to acquire a veteran with some leadership, a voice in the locker room, but that doesn't look that possible. I just dont know if there is an a better option for a coach that is available right now.

vCash
    It looks like he has, but I'm really dumbfounded by how? I mean we're coming off a 54 win season, losing in the second round in 6 games to what is now clearly a LEGIT Indy squad. 10 games into the season and these guys are giving up? They just look awful out there even when they look good. Little to no communication, people not expecting passes, no help D, no smiles, *****ing and moaning, and the spacing on the court looks retarded.

I mean did you guys notice that last night? Once or twice I thought it was a double screen, but a lot of the time they are just clustered together, not knowing who belongs where. I mean that is the ONE thing that100% falls on the coach. He can't make the shots go in, but the fact that these guys are so awful in getting into their sets is unreal. We really need a better point guard. There is no way to make this work without one.

Side note, that last contested three pointer Melo took with a little over a minute to go, he had a wide open Bargs standing next to him on the elbow. That's a pass Lebron would make
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    This whole team has a stank attitude .. woodson has lost the lockeroom .. we don't need an old coach we need new blood

vCash
    I really think Herb Williams fits. He plays straightforward/fundamental basketball and we have the talent to win games. Herb as interim coach would not be as bad as Woodson. Herb would be a new voice with a traditional approach to basketball and no commitments to any players so he doesn't have to play favorites, only win.

vCash
    Woodson, Dolan... doesn't matter who "lost" the team. The real question is WHO is going to put it back together? And is there anyone who's THAT good that would touch this team?

Would ANY world class coach want to work for Dolan?

I mean seriously, the guy benched the Cheerleaders...

vCash
    Going back I really wish we were the ones that gave Mark Jackson the opportunity when we had the chance. A younger guy with an attitude, good mentality and a guy that has experience playing in New York! Then you bring in Patrick on staff and you can teach these youngbucks what it means to where New York on your chest!
    Last edited by Ch0ZSeN1; 11-20-2013 at 10:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    It looks like he has, but I'm really dumbfounded by how? I mean we're coming off a 54 win season, losing in the second round in 6 games to what is now clearly a LEGIT Indy squad. 10 games into the season and these guys are giving up? They just look awful out there even when they look good. Little to no communication, people not expecting passes, no help D, no smiles, *****ing and moaning, and the spacing on the court looks retarded.

I mean did you guys notice that last night? Once or twice I thought it was a double screen, but a lot of the time they are just clustered together, not knowing who belongs where. I mean that is the ONE thing that100% falls on the coach. He can't make the shots go in, but the fact that these guys are so awful in getting into their sets is unreal. We really need a better point guard. There is no way to make this work without one.

Side note, that last contested three pointer Melo took with a little over a minute to go, he had a wide open Bargs standing next to him on the elbow. That's a pass Lebron would make
    I noticed once when Bargs and Amare on the court together were basically shadowing each other. It didn't look like a double screen to me, it looked like two guy who have never played together and are used to do the same thing on the court. I've never seen anything that sloppy before in professional basketball.

I'm not even mad at this point because it's a lost cause. Even when Chandler returns, he's not going to solve all the world's problems. This team looks pitiful. They need a serious shake up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch0ZSeN1 View Post
    Going back I really wish we were the ones that gave Mark Jackson the opportunity when we had the chance. I younger guy with an attitude, good mentality and a guy that has experience playing in New York! Then you bring in Patrick on staff and you can teach these youngbucks what it means to where New York on your chest!
    This times a billion.

vCash
    For me, it is disheartening to see the body postures sag when Melo goes into his 1-on-1 game - especially when the team is dishing and swishing. Then, J.R. who idolizes Melo, starts doing the same thing. I don't think Woodson has the guts to remove Melo from the game when he hurts the flow, but removing JR is a no-brainer. There are 13 players on the bench - 11 of them not involved. Right now, we need a coach who can bring the team together, deal with Melo's "me first" attitude, and truly hold players accountable. I still think we will improve (I'm the wait until 20 games guy), but I don't like the lack of passion. Today's Indiana game will be interesting - just to see whether or not we're quitters. I'd love to see the back of the bench get time if the on-court players aren't into it. Send a strong message to everyone that if you don't want to contribute, we don't need you.

I also believe that no matter who coaches, with Dolan in charge, our vision is shorter than the 2-year term of a house member.

I do have a question- someone said that Dolan is more interested in making money than winning. Where does Dolan bleed money if we make winning our # 1 priority?

vCash
    wonder how many more losing games it takes to get woodson fired

vCash
    As long as Melo is here, no coach will succeed. Add Dolan into the mix and it's a bonafide disaster.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    The problem is not Dolan, let's get that clear...you guys are trying to compare him to a Jerry Jones type owner and he's not. All owners want to make money...you build a beautiful arena for the fans, make the team more marketable....nothing wrong with that.

Dolan brought Melo here to win games....he's paying guys a lot of money to win games and get the fans excited about the team.

I think Woodson has player's that like him and some that don't....coaches that like him and a few that don't and as a result we are struggling with an identity.

Woodson is lucky that Melo is a strong advocate for him. Woodson is on the hot seat ....Dolan has made that clear and he's just waiting for the perfect opportunity to fire him.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    There is no bond between anyone on this team. The only two dudes that seem to be in cohesion are Dolan and his butt buddy Mills. Camaraderie last year was our strongest suit - everyone was having fun, everyone was on the same page, everyone recognized the task at hand. Couldn't be further from that right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast