Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Warriors Add Mychel Thompson To D-League Team

SANTA CRUZ -- The Santa Cruz Warriors have added forward Mychel Thompson to the roster, the team announced Tuesday afternoon. Thompson’s rights were acquired on Nov. 4 in a trade with the Sioux Falls Skyforce in exchange for the rights to Ryan Evans. Thompson replaces Dewayne Dedmon on the training camp roster after Dedmon was called up to the Golden State Warriors.

Thompson, 25, appeared in 74 games over two seasons in the NBA D-League with the Erie BayHawks and Sioux Falls Skyforce, averaging 12.2 points and 3.5 rebounds. Thompson earned a GATORADE Call-Up to the Cleveland Cavaliers during the 2011-12 season, where he averaged 3.6 points in 19.0 minutes over five games. The 6-foot-6, 211-pound forward was drafted by the Erie BayHawks in the third round (39th overall) of the 2011 NBA D-League Draft and was named to the 2012 NBA D-League All-Rookie Team.

Thompson will wear uniform No. 15.

The Santa Cruz Warriors’ training camp roster currently stands at 14. The team will open the 2013-14 season at Kaiser Permanente Arena on Friday, November 22 at 7:30 p.m. against the Austin Toros.
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/s...-older-brother

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    anybody else think SCW should add seth curry and have splash bros 2.0 down in santa cruz???

if not for publicity lol

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Hes been on the team since he got cut.... mack, I think this news is like 2-3 weeks old.
    Last edited by likemystylez; 11-20-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    its on front page on csn bay area

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    and if seth curry is on the team....do you think they did it for publicity???

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    and if seth curry is on the team....do you think they did it for publicity???
    Not sure... but I heard the santa cruz warriors were leading the d league in revenue (and this was last year).
    Apparently its still a cool game atmosphere. (maybe more players will want to play for the team- thus giving the warriors more opportunity to find those diamond in the rough.

M Thompson maybe for publicity, seth curry was sent to the d league along with the 3 other players cut froim the big team.... so I dont know if he was sent there for that purpose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    anybody else think SCW should add seth curry and have splash bros 2.0 down in santa cruz???

if not for publicity lol
    It was the very first thing I thought of when I read this. It should happen.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    seth curry n mychel thompson

i can see it now.....

"Splash On The Boardwalk"

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Splash-ish Bros?
    Splash Bros Lite?
    The closest you can get to the Spash Bros for a $5 night out?

Nedo, Dedmon, and Kuzmic assigned to SC Warriors. Looks like the Lacob's are going for a championship this year

vCash
    first SC, then GS!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Splash-ish Bros?
    Splash Bros Lite?
    The closest you can get to the Spash Bros for a $5 night out?

Nedo, Dedmon, and Kuzmic assigned to SC Warriors. Looks like the Lacob's are going for a championship this year
    Nedo headed to sc as well? Maybe the warriors are looking to bring in a guy to help us with back up PG duties.

vCash
    if Nedo is indeed the Serbian Derrick Rose..I'd give him a shot. In Mark Jackson's freedom offense, Nedo might be able to do some damage.

Nedo can play his natural game...our offense is not really disciplined.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Nedo deserves a shot, at best we'll have a Jeremy Lin situation where people don't know how to guard him because he's a nobody and he ends up going on a tear, at worst he'll be awful and we'll lose a game we probably would have lost anyway given injuries and lack of depth etc.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Nedo deserves a shot, at best we'll have a Jeremy Lin situation where people don't know how to guard him because he's a nobody and he ends up going on a tear, at worst he'll be awful and we'll lose a game we probably would have lost anyway given injuries and lack of depth etc.
    LOl they gave hima chance in garbage time during the utah game. (probably about the same level of competition as the d league btw). Him, Bazemore, Kumic, ame on the floor at the same time and they were -14 in less than 3 minutes.... how is that even possible? jackson immediately pulled them and brought starters back in. Today - I learn they were all sent to the d league. Apparently they didnt get the memo that the nba warriors squad is interested in being an elite team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast