Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Shane Larkin

vCash

Shane Larkin

Time to start a thread on Shane Larkin. He made his debut last night and looked great in the short amount of time. There is real potential for him to have a great future in Dallas, in my opinion. He is a good shooter, penetrator, facilitator, and he's really, really quick. I think it's beyond obvious he should, at the very least take Gal's minutes. I'm looking forward to more Shane, and I think there's a lot of promise there.

A Monta Ellis / Shane Larkin back-court could really put pressure on a defense. A lot of speed and passing ability there.

What are y'all's thoughts?

vCash
    like what i have seen from him.
    in the next weeks he will also drive more to the basket and open up some big assists

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    He'll take off some of Calderon's pressure as the primary PG later this. His game will improve the more and steady he plays. He seems to have the right, competetive attitude.

vCash
    What he did for us against the Rockets last night was immeasurable. He came in, provided some serious defense, scored, got some quick assists, steals, and hustled like crazy. Larkin and Ellis is too much speed for any team to handle. I would like to see Larkin in more than Calderon at times. Calderon's defense is abysmal and is the first broken down part of our defense. When he allows penetration, the whole defense goes haywire. I wouldn't be surprised if Larkin starts at some point. I was wrong about him i'll admit.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    crazy kid in this 2 games
    love him !!!

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nets/Raiders! View Post
    What he did for us against the Rockets last night was immeasurable. He came in, provided some serious defense, scored, got some quick assists, steals, and hustled like crazy. Larkin and Ellis is too much speed for any team to handle. I would like to see Larkin in more than Calderon at times. Calderon's defense is abysmal and is the first broken down part of our defense. When he allows penetration, the whole defense goes haywire. I wouldn't be surprised if Larkin starts at some point. I was wrong about him i'll admit.
    He will start at some point, don't worry (due to his speed and as you said defense) but never underestimate Calderons shooting and percentage from every spot on the field plus his assist turnover ratio. By that alone he solely kills Mayo's flaws from last year, exspecially at the end of games.

Can't wait to get Wright and Harris back, plus a healthy Marion and let's see if we can make a lucky trade at some point. Vince needs to be himself too but let's give everything/everybody time
    Last edited by AnthonyTyrael2; 11-22-2013 at 06:18 AM.

vCash
    Even before he steped foot on an NBA court, I was and remain a big fan of his passion for the game. Once we get Devin Harris, And big man Brandon Wright back, I'm excited to see how much more the team can improve.

Question,.. can we trade a combination of any of these players for a quality Big? Vince, Dalembert, Devin Harris, Mekel?

vCash
    He's played good and should take Mekels minutes. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves tho.

I agree on Vince needing to be himself out there. He hasn't looked as comfortable as his last outstanding year. Give it time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ll_eric_ll:27458414
    Even before he steped foot on an NBA court, I was and remain a big fan of his passion for the game. Once we get Devin Harris, And big man Brandon Wright back, I'm excited to see how much more the team can improve.

Question,.. can we trade a combination of any of these players for a quality Big? Vince, Dalembert, Devin Harris, Mekel?
    Can't trade recently signed fa's until dec 15th jsyk...so sam n devin wouldnt be able to be traded for another week n a half...

How has crowder looked for you guys? Still a fan of his since his MU days but dont have league pass this yr so I havent been able to keep up on him
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    Can't trade recently signed fa's until dec 15th jsyk...so sam n devin wouldnt be able to be traded for another week n a half...

How has crowder looked for you guys? Still a fan of his since his MU days but dont have league pass this yr so I havent been able to keep up on him
    Somewhere between vanished and contributing, which is changing every game, just like it is the same with 80% of our roster, except for Dirk, Monta, Shawn and Blair. Those guys are doing their work every day. All others are expandable.