Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Could Seattle be the next Dynasty

I have a couple friends who live in Tacoma Washington. I was talking to them the other day and they were making the following points.

A. Seattle has a young core and are only going to get better.

B. Seattle has maybe the best secondary in the league. It is also young and with 2 of the top players at Safety and CB in the league is built for a decade long dominance.

C. Wilson (they said not me) is a top 3 or 4 QB in the league and in their opinion is on track to be a elite of elite. Again young and we all know if you get a one of the greats like Staubach, Brady, Montana, Manning types it by its self locks you into at least a 10 win season and playoffs every year of their career. (personally I think they are playing him up a bit. I personally believe that yes he is good and exciting to watch I dont see it yet.)

D. A players coach who the team loves and loves to play behind.

E. A Coach who understands you build first behind the D because its Ds that win SBs.

F. Home field advantage. They pointed out that even when they were not very good Seattle is a hard place to win at if your not the home team.

G. Yes Lynch is getting older but he still has enough years behind him that it gives Seattle time to find a replacement.

They said they felt that Seattle not only is the only team right now set up to become a dynasty but that they have the chance unlike any team ever to become the greatest dynasty ever. I feel that it is way to soon to think that way but I also think they make some good points. At first I was jabbing and laughing thinking oh great the superhomerism has affected my friends but the more I think about it the more I think they might be right.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    People said GB was going to be the next dynasty after they beat Pitt in the SB. Look what happened.

This team hasn't even won one yet. They have a chance but it's extremely difficult.

vCash
    They are going to be Superbowl contenders for the next couple of years, but saying they have the potential to become one of the greatest dynasties of all time is idiotic until they win at least 1 superbowl. They have a lot of players coming up that are due for a large pay increase.

vCash
    Or they could be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

You guys shouldn't be talking dynasty until your team actually wins one. And even then, don't tempt fate. It's crazy how the Seahawks boards are filled with people speculating on their SB opponent this year.

vCash
    Isn't this what people were saying about SF last season? Now look at them... Things could change in an instant, so lets not go proclaim anyone a dynasty till they will it all, and sustain their winning ways.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawker562 View Post
    Isn't this what people were saying about SF last season? Now look at them... Things could change in an instant, so lets not go proclaim anyone a dynasty till they will it all, and sustain their winning ways.
    Yes San Fran is having not as good year as last but they are still a very good team.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    People said GB was going to be the next dynasty after they beat Pitt in the SB. Look what happened.

This team hasn't even won one yet. They have a chance but it's extremely difficult.
    That was my thinking but my friends did make a good argument. I will say they are a talented team that might have what it takes.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    There's literally no reason to start discussing potential dynasties until at least one championship is under their belt...

Things change way too quickly in the NFL.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    TAC TOWN BABY!!!

they have all the makings for sure but maneuvering the salary cap is going to be a big factor. they really have to win 1 this yr.

Ive watched every play and this team is really good, they know it, they avoid the let down and they have a helluva time out there.

vCash
    Wow. At no point did you even mention our GM and drafting philosophy. That's the best part about our chances of being a dynasty.

One of the best GMs in the league.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I vote Denver as the next dynasty. Peyton plays another 8 years when the NFL protects QB's even more and Denver wins 6 times in that timespan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Wow. At no point did you even mention our GM and drafting philosophy. That's the best part about our chances of being a dynasty.

One of the best GMs in the league.

Well like I said it was not my argument for. I listened. It was their argument. I just thought it was discussion worthy. You are right though. I feel like Seattle is for real and the FO as a whole is in the mindset of lets do this thing and do it right.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    To answer the question of "could they?" Absolutely. They're probably the only team in the NFL that has the combination of youth, coaching, experience, drafting, management, and talent to even be in the "potential dynasty" discussion.

That being said, the odds are stacked heavily in their favor. In the NFL, it is so hard to just win 1 Super Bowl, let alone 3 in 4 or 5 years, which we usually consider the dynasty standard. To me, Seattle definitely has that "staying power" potential right now. They'll be there in the post-season every year and will have the teams to make deep playoff runs.

Only thing from the OP that I will fully disagree with is Russell Wilson being a top 3-4 QB. He's gotta crack the top 10 first. Off the top of my head, I'd have Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben (despite a down year- too proven not to be ahead.), Eli (same as Ben), Romo, Luck, Stafford, Rivers, Newton, and Cutler above him. That's 12. He'd have to leapfrog 8 of them. Not sure that's happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    I vote Denver as the next dynasty. Peyton plays another 8 years when the NFL protects QB's even more and Denver wins 6 times in that timespan.
    haha no we are a SB or bust team. We are built on the here and now. Sad thing is for as great as Manning is there are a handful I would rather have once the postseason comes than him.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    haha no we are a SB or bust team. We are built on the here and now. Sad thing is for as great as Manning is there are a handful I would rather have once the postseason comes than him.
    But Peyton is god-like. He plays, coaches, has influence over rule changes, and I'm sure the officials. He is the true golden child.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast