Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Timberwolves @ Wizards

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) Wolves win!!!

4 80.00%
  • b) Wizards win...

0 0%
  • c) Derrick Williams sees more minutes than Alexey Shved.

0 0%
  • d) Washington has a team?

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Timberwolves @ Wizards 11/19

AT

After eight consecutive losing seasons, the Minnesota Timberwolves appear to have turned a corner.
    The same can't be said for the last-place Washington Wizards.
    The Timberwolves try to pick up a rare victory in the nation's capital Tuesday night against the struggling Wizards.
    Kevin Love recorded his 10th double-double with 23 points and 12 rebounds as Minnesota (7-4) beat visiting Boston 106-88 on Saturday for its fourth win in six games. The Timberwolves, averaging 108.5 points to rank near the top of the NBA, haven't had a winning season since going 44-38 in 2004-05.
    "In years past, when we were very young and inexperienced, we would've been on that side," Love said of the struggling Celtics. "Now that the tides have kind of turned for us, we're winning the games that we need to win."
    Nikola Pekovic also came up big with 20 points and 12 boards for Minnesota, which held Boston to 39.5 percent shooting and scored 28 points off 22 turnovers.
    "We're going to score enough points to beat 80 percent of the teams in the league," guard Kevin Martin told the Timberwolves' official website. "That's what we have to accomplish to get up to five, six games over .500. We just have to play defense."
    Martin has been a big part of Minnesota's success. The 10-year veteran, who scored 14.0 points per game with Oklahoma City last season, is averaging 24.4. While his 27 went to waste in Friday's 117-113 loss at Denver, Martin scored 20 against the Celtics.
    "We're usually more focused after a loss," he said. "Hopefully on Tuesday we can program in our minds that we lost (Saturday)."
    Martin is averaging 22.4 points in 13 career matchups against the Wizards (2-7), his second-highest mark versus any opponent.
    Minnesota has dropped eight of nine in Washington, falling 114-101 during its last visit Jan. 25 while playing without Love and Pekovic.
    The Timberwolves could have an edge this time around against a Wizards team that has averaged 93.8 points and shot 41.2 percent during a four-game losing streak. Bradley Beal and Nene combined for 52 points as Washington let one slip away Saturday, falling 103-96 to Cleveland in overtime.
    "We got to step up and make plays down the stretch," said coach Randy Wittman, whose team was held to six points on 3-of-10 shooting in OT. "That's just what it boils down to in this league. You fight for 46, 47 minutes, we got to learn to make plays."
    The Wizards are allowing 104.6 points per game, one of the league's worst marks.
    "We all have to get on the same page and we have to do a better job of defending and keeping leads," Beal said. "That's one thing we definitely have to improve on the most."
    While the Wizards are hoping to get on track, they know it's not going to get any easier Tuesday.
    "Obviously, it puts us in a really bad situation with Minnesota," center Marcin Gortat said. "We have to forget about (Saturday's loss) as fast as possible, get back to the gym, work on our game, look in the mirror and ask ourselves, 'What can we do better to help our team?'"
    A more efficient performance from point guard John Wall could help. He has averaged 12.8 points on 29.0 percent shooting in the last five games.
    Source www.nba.com (http://www.nba.com/games/20131119/MINWAS/gameinfo.html)

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    I hope we win!

vCash
    need this win, this is a tough week for us, lots of games, and we are rested for tonight.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I'll be completely honest - thus far I am pretty disappointed with this team - we haven't beaten a single team worth beating. I really don't see how we would justify loosing this game - it's a first of a back to back and our second is against a superior team. Like Hawk said - we need this.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I'll be completely honest - thus far I am pretty disappointed with this team - we haven't beaten a single team worth beating. I really don't see how we would justify loosing this game - it's a first of a back to back and our second is against a superior team. Like Hawk said - we need this.
    I know it's early and you're entitled to your opinion but I couldn't disagree with this more. I think we have a fun team to watch, that will put us in a position to compete for a win most nights. What more can you really ask for from a team that has had 35 wins or fewer the last 10 years? I know it's subjective and I'm not coming at you about it at all so please don't take it that way.. but I just don't understand how disappointment is in the realm of emotions felt at this point.

vCash
    Beal's going to drop 30 on your sorry *****!

lol Just kidding, but I really wish we had found a way to draft him.
    United We Run

vCash
    When we get healthy, and if we can stay healthy, we will have a strong team. We lost some close games by a couple points.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Chase and Turiaf's return will be big for this team IMO.Just what the doctor ordered.

vCash
    I think this game will be a game for the bench to step up, but we'll win it if we don't fall too far behind.

vCash
    I'll be watching, maybe even the whole game yay! Hopefully I find a good stream

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillzhere View Post
    Chase and Turiaf's return will be big for this team IMO.Just what the doctor ordered.
    Chase Turiaf are back tonight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I hope we win!
    i would agree with this

vCash
    Bah all the streams suck. G'night

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    we murdered the Thunder dude, and beat Dallas pretty easily. In fact, our SOS has been over .500, pretty easily.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    if the bench can just stay at a even level, meaning, they don't cough up points, we win 45+ games for sure if we stay healthy that is...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast